• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tranfers and Rumours Thread

Not sure how reliable it was , is it gossip?

He certainly didn't win over any fans in Liverpool by showing up for Brazil and the team doctor saying he was fine

Their gossip column is just rumors from other papers so I would take it with a grain of salt for now

If a BBC reporter were to say it they are usually solid

I think they pissed him off too, also in a world cup year he can't put the whole year

My guess is unless they get Lemar, they tell him he can leave next summer if he's a good boy this year

Don't think so but he will probably get a few chances to play there in cups for example, more chances than at Arsenal or Chelsea I would think.

Let's see if he can keep up his good form that he only recently started to show and avoid injuries, but I think he will eventually accept he is best suited to play on the right where he can use his pace and doesn't need to think that much because let's be clear his decision making is not great so playing on the wing is perfect for him.

not sure there is any fact behind this, but if true....sheesh

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be paid about £125,000 a week by Liverpool. Turned down new Arsenal contract worth up to £180,000 a week

not sure there is any fact behind this, but if true....sheesh

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be paid about £125,000 a week by Liverpool. Turned down new Arsenal contract worth up to £180,000 a week

Most likely true Ornstein is the tier 1 of Arsenal news. Ox must really hate Wenger, few months ago he liked an ArsenalFan TV video, said afterwards he did it 'by accident'.

David Ornstein‏ @bbcsport_david
AOC will join #LFC on 5yr deal (not 6, apols) £120k pw. #AFC new deal offer was worth up to £180k. Medical before flying to Malta with #ENG

Celtic buying a striker, so rumors start up about Dembele to Spurs

the Local Spurs Sky guy says they are hoping for 2 more, and thats after Aurier

Krychchowiak is a huge move for West Brom

he never fit at PSG, but he was a BEAST at Sevilla

Im surprised a bigger club wasnt in for him

Arsenal and Liverpool both could definitely use him

I know we were very interested in him before he went to PSG. I imagine the premier league money makes up for the lack of prestige, and playing time before the world cup.

Long time that I haven't seen him play, but I've read he isn't the fastest guy and we already have Xhaka who is quite slow. Could have been useful yes, but I hope if we get a central midfielder it's Seri from Nice, even though I have read he has a feet problem in cold temperature so not sure how that would affect him in England.

Krychchowiak is a huge move for West Brom

he never fit at PSG, but he was a BEAST at Sevilla

Im surprised a bigger club wasnt in for him

Arsenal and Liverpool both could definitely use him

west brom putting together a very solid squad

I'd give you Walcott for free

I've read Di Maria might go to Barca, at least they seem interested

tomorrow should be fun

Yes he is kind of a celebrity for arsenal fans, usually only tweets when something is confirmed or 99% done. Do you have a trusted journalist like this for the Spurs?

Not at this point to Ornstein's level or Daniel Taylor with united, joyce and Liverpool, bouhfasi with french players etc

David hytner was for awhile but turned out to be a Sherwood source, Duncan castles was an avb one

No one under poch, and levy keeps things tight

Lyall Thomas is a news editor at sky and he reports on spurs stuff but not to a large extent, when he confirms something it's always been legit, he debunks a lot of rumors too

Bayern Munich turn down Chelsea bid for Rafinha

Alexis deal to Man City hinges on whether or not Arsenal get Lemar (who looks exactly like Lacazette)

Mbappe deal is no longer a loan, it's permanent

Mangala to Crystal Palace

Niang to Torino

Liverpool deny Coutinho is out

Llorrente official to Spurs

Twitter is probably the best, as long as you know who is reputable vs who is not. Who are you a fan of and I'll give you some names.

sadly this gonna be a sleepless day between the transfers and the tennis, already manufacturing staying awake

only been into soccer for about a year. No real favorite team. I like to watch exciting games. I follow the five big European leagues.

I did kind of adopt both Tottenham and Bayern last year (and started not liking Chelsea). Not really sure how. But honestly, not much invested in any team to this point. Just becoming a big fan of the game. I also really dig the complicated structure of how the league intermingle for players, big tournaments, etc.

Also, not that I am a fan of PSG, I would love to watch their games with Neymar and Mbappe. Obviously they would blow through Ligue 1, but they would be exciting. Also, I would like to see the top players from Arsenal go elsewhere as they are a dumpster fire right now.

Reactions: KJ
It's a lot of fun then you become friends with the crazies that are over the top, already texts and facebook craziness this morning and it's not even 6:30....don't know if I made a mistake friending some of these people lol...yesterday I was the devil for wanting to sell Sterling

I also enjoy watching both Manchester teams. Man U more this year than last, as they were boring as hell last year.

It's a lot of fun then you become friends with the crazies that are over the top, already texts and facebook craziness this morning and it's not even 6:30....don't know if I made a mistake friending some of these people lol...yesterday I was the devil for wanting to sell Sterling
I could see that being very interesting. I am a huge college football fan and I am sure that is nothing compared to the soccer supporters out there.

PSG will always be fun for me, took years of French (language) but also having watched them with Ibra and now with that squad, there should be no short of entertainment. Obv a huge City fan but PSG vs Barca last year might have been as depressed as I've been with a sporting event in a long time

PSG will always be fun for me, took years of French but also having watching them with Ibra and now with that squad, there should be no short of entertainment. Obv a huge City fan but PSG vs Barca last year might have been as depressed as I've been with a sporting event in a long time
I remember watching both legs of that PSG/Barca tie. It was crazy exciting, but I probably would have preferred a PSG win.

So as far as the Manchester teams, Premier league as a hole, PSG, Bayern and overall top players world wide, do you recommend specific people to follow on twitter?

Sorry, I'm just too new to social media to have a suggestion

Funny story on that 2nd leg where Barca won, my 68 year old mother was in PHX and we were at BWW watching, she has no clue about soccer but after seeing that said she felt so dirty that she needed to take a shower. Of course I was just sitting there with a d drink and hands on head, those game are lunch time here so several Barca fans in there but also a few Real fans, pretty good atmosphere for a Wednesday afternoon (or Tuesday, can't remember)...

Sorry, I'm just too new to social media to have a suggestion

Funny story on that 2nd leg where Barca won, my 68 year old mother was in PHX and we were at BWW watching, she has no clue about soccer but after seeing that said she felt so dirty that she needed to take a shower. Of course I was just sitting there with a d drink and hands on head, those game are lunch time here so several Barca fans in there but also a few Real fans, pretty good atmosphere for a Wednesday afternoon (or Tuesday, can't remember)...
That's crazy. It was mid day here as well. I am in South Florida. I still think that game hung on too long and the penalties were questionable.

Would I would really like to see this season is anyone but Barca or Real win the Champions League.

You've already named the champs if they stay healthy although I'd like to think City can hang around. Barca are somewhat dysfunctional, Real are in flux with the Bale/Ronaldo rumors too....if Atletico get Costa back they'll be a real player, Juve will be tough as shit like always...but PSG are going to be insane, got a pretty good defense, be curious to see what happens with ADM. I do not think Real win this season, starting to think Spain is getting a little strange. Government there is causing issues with star players and it's already only 3 teams....if any of them fall off it could be a long term problem but still, Real and Barca are still the two most valuable franchises in any sport in the world. But the gov't is not doing them any favors.

Transfer Deadline Day on Twitter with 2 recent tidbits.

Aresenal accepts Man City's 60m offer for Sanchez
Arsenal has bid 90M for Lemar

If Arsenal settle for 60m for Alexis and throw 90m at Lemar I'll laugh in my sleep

Any sources or just twtter fodder?

A few of the big sites reported it

I agree it's ridiculous but Sanchez being on his last year makes a difference

so Monaco sells Lemar and Mbappe today and then triggers Messi's buyout. LOL. All part of PSGs plan.

Just kidding of course.

Back