• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tranfers and Rumours Thread

he gets a cut of that massive xfer fee, I think a raise? And sounds like he did t want to be in shadows of Messi while he is in his prime , so maybe an opp to make more money on the marketing side

Brazilian players more than any other seem to always bounce around depending on wherever the money is at, doesn't matter on team or league

I wish we could get someone like Asensio, but majority of Arsenal fans have already come back to earth and know it's unrealistic. Why would a top young player leave the best team in the world for this Arsenal...

Seems like Ox soon to Chelsea, fee agreed between the 2 clubs. Fine with me after his disgraceful performance yesterday. Sell them all. Keep the ones who really want to play for the club. Play some of our talented young guys. Get rid of Wenger next summer or the one after that if the board can't tell him it's time to go in 1 year. Rebuild with a new manager. And Arsenal fans finally will have hope again and something to look forward to.

Interesting to see what Arsenal do this week, be crazy to think a club like Arsenal would do a full on fire sale ...

he gets a cut of that massive xfer fee, I think a raise? And sounds like he did t want to be in shadows of Messi while he is in his prime , so maybe an opp to make more money on the marketing side

Brazilian players more than any other seem to always bounce around depending on wherever the money is at, doesn't matter on team or league

Yes more money and the possibility to be the star player were definitely big reasons for why he left, and now he has the possibility to win the Ballon d'or while at Barca it would have been difficult at least in the near future in the shadow of Messi.

But basically now for him and PSG it will be a success only if they win the Champions League, it's assumed they should walk the league and win everything domestically every year, although Monaco seem still very good even with all the departures.

Interesting to see what Arsenal do this week, be crazy to think a club like Arsenal would do a full on fire sale ...

Yes I wonder who we will get. Several years ago after another humiliation at Old Trafford 8-2 Wenger bought a few players on deadline day. It has to be the same now while losing Ox, most likely Sanchez if Man City send a good offer and Sanchez pushes for a move, then he is definitely gone I think. Buy Mahrez/Draxler, Seri and Van Dijk and I would be happy. These players seem definitely on the market and would improve Arsenal and Wenger could go back to 4-2-3-1 and I feel it could be a good team, but it's Wenger who makes all the decisions even for the transfers so I have no idea what he will do!

Well Southampton said Van Dijk would not be sold this summer and Liverpool tried to get him I believe, but I imagine if a club pay what they want they could be convinced to sell. I think he is still training apart from the team while his future is not resolved or until the end of the transfer window at least

haha, good thing that it's just futbol. Can't wait to have a new manager so one more year or 2 of the same and Arsenal fans should get their wishes. Might need to force Wenger out because the guy has no interests aside from futbol so I'm thinking he is scared of retirement.

Just wish we went for Klopp when he was free or Tuchel this summer. Jardim would have been good too.

Last edited:
Saw this tweet from some Sky reporter

Philippe Coutinho training with national team in Brazil. Team doctor says "back injury" was due to stress. Now in perfect condition to play

Never realized til now the occasional lower back issues have been nothing but stress and this could be a life changer

Need a shrink to fix our backs I guess

depends, hes better than moses as a RWB IMO

But his whole thing is he wants to play as a CM

hes 4th at best there for Chelsea

As you say it would be difficult to start in central midfield at Chelsea, so most likely it's about money I've read rumors tonight that he could earn close to £220k a week, seems crazy and let's see what the papers will say when it's done. But he already had a great offer from Arsenal on the table which he refused, rumored to be between 150k and 200k. I had read a few months ago he was close to sign then his agent wanted more and more money. 9 league goals in 6 years at Arsenal, let's see if Chelsea will have as much patience with him when he doesn't play well

If Hazard is sent I can't imagine Ox not starting, they aren't paying that much to come in at 70'

Swansea are a surprise contender interested in Renato Sanches, Liverpool appear to be the favorites right now

Mbappe passes medical at PSG, the move should be made official later today

Man City prepared to offer Sterling + Cash for Sanchez, Arsenal want Aguero + cash

Liverpool have increased their offer for Lemar to 80 million and Origi on loan for the season

Apparently Inter was not close to a deal with Keita Balde, Monaco has officially signed him for 30 million euros + bonuses

Crystal Palace are close to a 25 million pound move for Sakho

Kevin Wimmer's move to Stoke is done for 18 million pounds

Well PSG gonna be fun to watch for better or worse, hope this means BeIn will televise virtually every one of their games

And Aguero isn't going anywhere, shipping Sterling off would be a Godsend and Alexis would just replace him anyway. With a million times the skill.

Losing Sterling would be a mistake

He's so young and has a ton of talent

May not be a starter for the 2nd most expensive team in the world, but he's a top player

Would improve arsenal in the long term

It's just nuts teed, every Man City fan I've talked to so far today agree with you, some of them hate my opinion. "Home grown talent" is all I hear and I just don't care because I've got no interest in the England national team so I guess I'm an outcast but I think he's just awful and can be sold high after the beginning of the season. To me, he creates opportunities with terrible giveaways against teams that all season will be playing for counters.

Obv I'm in the minority. I'm perfectly fine with players from Spain, South America and France basically...although he's the one that I pick on the most because I don't see improvement of first touches or crossing passes. Of course he's got speed. And yes, I could see Sane having that same impression a year from now, he's young but looks incredibly in over his head atm...trying to be patient is not a strong suit here. Pep has been proud of how young the players he's purchased are and I know it's a process.

But give me Sanchez now please.

I'm not stupid to that Utah, of course he is....these Brits are killing me with hate although I think every one of them said we could probably get over it over a beer lol. The opinion is unpopular yet I'm hoping it happens. Like a double steal.

for as great as I hear these coaches are they sure do a terrible job developing young players,

Besides Spurs none of these big clubs in England really have a good track record with young players

doesnt matter that he's English also neither does the fee for them

he was the best player as an 18/19 year old on a Liverpool team that was a Gerrard slip away from winning the title

hes good for 15ish goals/assists combined in a season as a winger

hes not KDB or Eriksen or Hazard etc. but hes a level below and with his age who knows

Just got a text saying Arsenal now offering Sanchez plus cash for Sterling. Lol this is insane.

Not that I put much stock in it but he tends to be in the know with the club and is right more times than not, and by that I mean about 60/40 he's correct

But still

Losing Sterling would be a mistake

He's so young and has a ton of talent

May not be a starter for the 2nd most expensive team in the world, but he's a top player

Would improve arsenal in the long term

City can just buy him back for 100 million in 2 years when he develops into a stud winger

I'd want him playing /starting all the time this year with a World Cup on the horizon

I guess I would take Sterling, won't make much of a difference in the short term with Wenger but would be useful when we rebuild a good team with a new coach soon hopefully.

But if Man City really want to keep him they can probably just wait Thursday and say 'fuck you Arsene we won't give you a player in exchange' and Arsenal will most likely cave and take the money with Sanchez pushing for the move.

For a player of his caliber yes but only one year left on his contract, should be between 60 and 80 not more I would guess

Ornstein has spoken

David Ornstein‏@bbcsport_david
Arsenal have rebuffed all approaches from Man City for Sanchez. #AFC stance remains not for sale - unless huge money + player offered #MCFC

DIbK-4nVAAAS2IE.jpg

I know he is 29, but that seems really low

But yes should be much higher. Bad management of the contracts at Arsenal, PSG out of the running for Sanchez (I suppose) leaving only City who want to pay a lot of money with the transfer and big wages that he will command. If Man Utd enter the competition for Sanchez he could leave for close to £100m I would think. With only City bidding for him not much hope for that much

For a player of his caliber yes but only one year left on his contract, should be between 60 and 80 not more I would guess

City are already offering to increase his contract to $400k pounds/wk, that contract will get done. Just need to find the sweet spot on the transfer fee

Yeah I've read the 400 number in the papers, seems crazy high. What's the biggest earner at City now? Aguero? Yaya Touré? around 300k a week? Giving Sanchez 400 would be a lot more than the 2nd highest earner

Looks like Sergio and Yaya both 220k/wk, I have a hard time (nor do I really care) keeping up with the numbers, jfc Sterling is 180k, Bony and Mangala are 100k....Nasri was 120k and got a negative player valuation lol. These cats just throw money around. Joe Hart was 110k?

I'm kinda upset I just looked this up now lol. But way less upset than if it was my cash paying for it.

Haha thanks for looking for the numbers I thought you knew who were the highest earners, I understand money is not the primary concern at Man City :D

But by memory it seems the 400k a week number was what Sanchez agent asked to renew at Arsenal, can't imagine he will be on almost twice the 2nd biggest earners at City that would be crazy.

Reactions: KJ
BBC sport

Liverpool have reportedly agreed to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona.

It's the gossip: bbc.in/2xvSIKj

I've never really paid attention to the transfer window much but it all appears like a trickle down situation. Game of dominoes it seems.

Interesting

Imagine they have Lemar signed if true or they take a step back this year

Yes Monaco want €80m for him according to the french papers at least that was the number a few weeks ago, Wenger tried to get him bidding at least twice but below this number...

Or they could go for Chamberlain, apparently he prefers Liverpool where he would have more chances to play in central midfield.

Or they could get van Dijk

I've never really paid attention to the transfer window much but it all appears like a trickle down situation. Game of dominoes it seems.

Yes exactly, and lots of teams agree to let go a player but before it becomes official they want to secure a replacement for the outgoing player

Reactions: KJ
Yes and especially late in the transfer window teams need to be sure they have a replacement ready to come. Another example, it seems Wenger is ready to let go Mustafi to Inter Milan who want him, but if Arsenal can't get an incoming player he will probably stay. Apparently we're interested in Johnny Evans but WBA will let him go only if they can buy someone to replace him. I've read Man City are also interested in him.

So yes as you say it's really a game of dominoes

Interesting

Imagine they have Lemar signed if true or they take a step back this year

Not sure how reliable it was , is it gossip?

He certainly didn't win over any fans in Liverpool by showing up for Brazil and the team doctor saying he was fine

Went to a psych for some lower back pain today and she just told me to take a couple Aleve and charged me $80. wtf

Everton reject 25 million pound for Barkley

Mourinho interested in Mahrez

It looks like Diego Costa is close to a move to Atletico

Monaco are prepared to bid 80 million euros for Belotti and are intersted in Turan

Aurier has been granted a work permit in the UK

Raheem Sterling is not leaving City this summer

Tottenham interested in Demerai Gray

Di Maria has asked to leave PSG

PSG must pay 180 million euros to Monaco in the Mbappe loan deal...unless they are relegated

Back