• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tranfers and Rumours Thread

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Hope this is ok to start? It's about that time of year again :) Although most transfers won't happen till about July/August anyways.

:tiphat:

Some Spurs players I think could be on the move are walker, dier and maybe Toby

Walker is a for sure at this point, man city looks like the destination

Dier could be on his way to Man U

Toby, I think a lot of the big clubs like Bayern could come after him. Spurs summer will be most interesting

Some Spurs players I think could be on the move are walker, dier and maybe Toby

Walker is a for sure at this point, man city looks like the destination

Dier could be on his way to Man U

Toby, I think a lot of the big clubs like Bayern could come after him. Spurs summer will be most interesting

Stop reading the daily mail

That too

They aren't losing anyone poch wants to keep its been said multiple times

Walker isn't done either, if he can't regain poch trust he will go but id say it's 50/50

The other 2 you have lost the plot mate

I think their summer will be most boring of any of the top 6 squads. They will sell some of the fringe squad, bring in a few at CB, CM, and a right sides attacking player who can maybe play up top in a pinch

That being said if walker goes I wouldn't really mind. He's great but trippier offers something different and his crossing is a lot better

Plus they wouldn't sell without bringing in another rb, the Monaco ones have been mentioned

That club I fear gets gutted this summer

Levy will be poaching the lower leagues. The next Alli.

I really don't like Walker at this point in time fullbacks are an enigma so he's made to look very good.
Levy should sign Stalteri.

I think it would be good to get rid of walker, like you said trippier is pretty good and I like what he brings to the games. He's made some great crosses.

I'm not sure they can pay Toby what he's going to want. This summer will decide whether Tottenham are a big club or not. Pay these lads the money

Guardian writers are good but the rumor section of the site is just them listing what other papers are saying
There's a few people on Twitter that are good with each club, there's a sky guy who is really good on spurs stuff, Daniel Taylor I think from the independent is good history with United transfers, a BBC one with arsenal, some others as well I'd have to check the names

Interesting SkyBet suspended betting on Walker to City after it hit 1/10 a couple nights ago, crazy what the blokes will bet on

If there is a God and he loves me as much as I love him, there will be a lot of truth to this Fellaini to this Turkish side rumor and he'll be gone before United come to Houston for the summer. :prayer
Not sure what is going to pain me more, shelling out a grand to see United, or having to watch this useless cunt on the pitch.

James is about certainly out of Madrid. Last home game out he gave the crowd an adios clap before being subbed off. Where he is going, I'm not quite sure. United would make sense, but I don't know if he is a Mou guy.
MBappe will be the most interesting transfer story. Will be a bidding war for sure. I honestly am not quite sure where he will end up.

I don't think James really fits in England, he's too slow and with man united he can only fit as a number 10, couldn't move out wide

Mkhitaryan and even Pogba need to be able to play there too which limits playing time

Not saying he's a bad player, just that there are better ways to spend the money, and all the talk seems to be ballague pushing it haven't seen anyone else report it.

Bernardo Silva a much better option, can play anywhere behind the striker

They will have a big summer I think, a lot might depend on winning EL for who they can buy though

Independent is saying Michael Keane offer is incoming soon and he wants to move there

Lukaku makes a lot more sense for there as well, Jose has always loved a big powerful striker with pace, Lukaku can play the Drogba/Benzema role. Don't see griezmann going there so Lukaku is probably the best option

They badly need goals though, have to make up 30 goals to catch Chelsea and spurs. Which means a striker and an attacking midfielder/right winger are necessary

Plus a CB, left back, and a midfielder to take Carricks spot and play with Herrera and/or Pogba depending on the formation

Monaco is going to be such a shell of themselves next year

https://mobile.twitter.com/gerardromero

reporter from SER saying fabinho to city is close

same guy saying Madrid going hard for mbappe which makes the most sense as they can offer the most money and throw in a b squad player back

Bakayoko to Chelsea too makes sense and is being reported today

On United, obviously they need goals badly. 52 goals ffs is shit. Bournemouth scored more.
I think James would be fine at United, but again, not sure if he is a Mou guy or not. Mata not exactly a blazer out there, and Rooney was never super fast. They have pacey forwards/wingers in the likes of Lingaard, Rashford, and Martial.
But yeah, there'll will be a lot of movement (HOPEFULLY) this summer as 6th place is not acceptable, winning EL or not.
Blind would make plenty of sense to me taking the Carrick role, so I'm not super concerned there. I just don't know who will take Ibra's spot - Lukaku would seem to make sense but I'm not sure he's on the table.
It SEEMS to me there are plenty of goals to be had with the current squad, it just doesn't happen so I'm not sure what they will do.
Assuming Ibra, Carrick and Rooney are gone. Fellaini please. Ashley Young too.
Bring in a solid CB and a few strikers and maybe a Matic type player instead of Blind to bridge the defense to attacking mid and it doesn't seem to me a lot of change needs to be made, but wtf do I know.

Arsenal are another team that are going to need to make a splash this summer. That team is in serious flux. And if Sanchez decides to leave, they are fucked. Ozil is about as disinterested a player I've ever seen. All the rest of their squad is completely inconsistent or on the trainers table. Still a few decent pieces around, but lots and lots of work to be done there.

City, Spurs and Chelsea seemed prime to just make a tweak or two and be great again next year. I do believe Spurs will have a few players poached however.

They haven't sold a player they wanted to keep to anyone but Madrid since 2008

The manager and chairman have both told the supporters trust and shareholders they are in position where they won't sell anyone they don't want too in the premier league
The idea that they are a selling club is 10 years old

Ya they sell to Madrid, everyone sells to Madrid or Barcelona if the player is wanted

Of the current squad I can see Toby maybe going in a few years but a contract renewal seems more likely, Alli stays for maybe a few more seasons then he is probably Madrid bound,

Lloris' wife loves London its one of the reasons he stayed back when they finished 5th a few years ago and I don't see him going anywhere but France, so maybe PSG in a few years

If Eriksen keeps improving I can see him at barca or Madrid in a few years

But in general not really worried about losing anyone not in poch plans, the fact that they buy young and are probably the best youth setup in England helps to. If CCV progresses than in a few years maybe Toby can go, Marcus Edwards is the best English u19 player right now if he continues improving it allows them to make a big profit on an attacking mid and improve somewhere else etc.

Plus starting next year's their home attendance average goes up 20k, the year after it goes up to 61k which is the highest in London. So the wage two issues to the bigger clubs are going to cease being an issue. They have already moved it up.

When bale was their highest earner it was 100k, now it's thought Kane is at 120k already and guardian reporter David hytner who is good neighbor spurs said they expect him to get a new deal around 150k this year.

They do have pacey wingers and attacking mids but for United level outside martial I don't think they are good enough for be starters

Look at the other teams

Chelsea have hazard with 15 goals and 5 assists, Pedro with 8/8, even William has 7 in only 14 starts

City have kdb at 6/16, sterling at 7/6 and Silva at 7/4

Even Liverpool have mane, Coutinho, and Firmino all between 11-13 goals and lallanas has 7/7

Spurs have Eriksen at 8/13, alli at 16/6, son at 14/5

United's highest scoring midfielder is mata with 6/3, martial has 4/6, Mkhitaryan played half the season but even doubling his production he's only at 8/2

Assuming they bring in a 20 goal a season striker

They still need to find 30 goals from their attacking mids to be at where they want to be, I don't think lingard gets close to that or mata gets any better

I think it's safe to say Mkhitaryan and Pogba will produce more next year, and martial should improve with age, but they need to bring in someone who can produce at leastast 15-20 goals and assists.

Also for Lukaku would you not want him?

I think he's definitely available, he's all but said he wants to move and even Koeman said he needs to play in the CL

Also for Lukaku would you not want him?
Would I want Lukaku? Of course, I've pined after him since his days at Anderlecht. He's just 24 and could be a fixture at the #9 role for a decade.
But does Mourinho want him is the real question. He loaned him out for two years while at Chelsea, so I'm sure he's familiar with his strengths and weaknesses in the Mourinho system.
I believe Martial AND Rashford are both good enough to start on about every team in the premier league. Lingaard a touch below in quality, but certainly a strong rotation player.
And I have to believe that Mkhitaryin and Pogba are capable of much much more.
It's difficult to compare stats between players as obviously Uniteds dearth of goals is going to effect the stats greatly. But I do believe United have the quality of players to compete with the top teams, it just hasn't shown. Maybe I'm a blind homer, but I do watch a lot of soccer and have seen what all of these guys are capable of doing, it's just a matter of going out there and getting it done.
I really would be happy if they just shipped off Fellaini. That would be a net win.
What will be really curious if if Ajax beat United.....who the fuck would want to come to Old Trafford? Sure, the money is good, but so would the unbelievable pressure and scrutiny. Another Europa League run? Puke.
Spurs, Chelsea and City are all in really good spots here. Can attract lots of good players and have strong teams. United and Arsenal not really nearly as much. Liverpool is kind of a wild card too.

Griezmann said on french tv today he could move to United this summer, was asked to say chances from 1-10 and said 6

Well, I guess I'll be the one that keeps this thread alive.....

City doing some spring cleaning, guys I read that are gone - Navas, Zabaletta, Cabellero, Clichy and Sagna - with Nasri and Toure possibly half out the door (Nasri I believe was out on loan - as was Hart who is probably going to be gone too).
Silva may or may not be leaving, but if he stays, his role would probably be diminished...

But, they go out and grab themselves a Bernardo Silva from Monaco as that team begins to be plucked bare. Read it's a 60-80 million pound transfer which is quite pricey

Dude, season isn't even officially over till CL Finals. Even then most transfers don't really take shape till July/August

Early bird gets the worm.

When you wait around til July/August you're picking on the bones and getting whatever all the big clubs don't want.

I also think City going to end up with Kyle Walker before long. I think Pep is severely disappointed with the season and wants the squad firmed up and fully trained/fit before August. City won no trophies, was not a factor in the premier league. They are in Champions League next year sure, but this season was well below the standards Pep is accustomed to. I'll let the resident City fans KJ and Monger fill in the blanks here - just my perspective.

Read some early premier league odds for next season and Spurs just getting disrespected again at 8-1. Chelsa odds at 10/3 I understand, but United at 4/1? laughable. City at 9/4? ridiculous. Arsenal at 10/1? May as well light the money on fire.

Just woke up, already a welcome to City Bernardo Silva notification on the phone...pretty sure Kyle Walker is all but done too. Pep obviously isn't about to fuck around this summer with the moves but it's not like any of those that are gone are a surprise other than maybe Willie, but Pep loves Bravo and he at least looked a bit more competent the last several weeks. Gotta shore up that back line in a big way clearly. Nasri and Hart I'd assume are gone, be surprised if Toure goes but there's sure to be drama with him before anyone knows anything.

Pep wants Alexis badly but it sounds like Bayern are leading there...he did at least verify that Kompany and Aguero will be back.

I'm curious too with Bernardo Silva on board how that plays out. David Silva seemed to have lost quite a bit the last couple seasons but still had some flashes this season and I can't imagine how pissed off Pep has to get with Sterling's crosses straight into the nearest defender 90% of the time.

hope walker goes through

outside Bale and Luka i cant remember the last spurs sale that ended well, maybe a few years of Berba

hes 27 and if he loses his pace he's not going to be good, so this is selling at the absolute apex of his price and I think he has 1-2 good years left

dont get Silva either for them, made more sense for United

only so many spots with silva, sane, sterling, silva, kdb playing for 2 or 3 spots on the field

Early bird gets the worm?
That's not what clubs do. Most of these big boys already know who they want and who they will get. Heck most of the teams haven't even hit the tour bus yet players need a break good grief.
Also didn't Arsenal have an early pick wth Granit? That didn't turn out so good.

Like I said in years pass most action will happen around July/August

One of the biggest moves this year will be who is Barcas new manager. What an absolute shit show that Board currently is

City in talks to sign Benfica keeper, Ederson for £45m.

Ok I know you got money but enough money to burn on a keeper? You got to be shitting me. If Ederson is £45m, De Gea is £90m

43m on Mendy too

Pep going wild, he's at 150m and he got a keeper, a backup attacking mid and a left back

Ederson's can not handle a cross well

thats going to be some bumpy rides in his first few years

Walker could be 50m too now, their Fullbacks would probably be the best in Europe but 93m for Fullbacks is pricey

ok but so far hes spent 150m and in the starting 11 he's improved at left back and at keeper

for the class of players he wants to add he really only has 2 or 3 left depending on who it is

Bernardo will take a ton of time from Sterling on the right and also some of the role from David Silva at times, at least I'd expect that

Ederson scheduled to have medical at City sometime today.
If he passes it will be a new record signing for a goal keeper.

Going to be some crazy turnover at Inter after a disaster of a season. I always rooted for Inter a bit, but it's just a club in shambles over there. Every time they get a high quality player, he is sold, seems like they are more interested in doing business than winning games. So chaotic a club in performance too. Will play wide open and stomp a Udinese at home, but lose to Sassuolo and Genoa at home. No rhyme or reason really, they play well when the going is good.
They can score, sure, but they are an older team and have to make a lot of moves.
Tough to say if they will be able to keep their key guys like Icardi and Kondogbia (even if he was disappointing), but tons of veterans I could see leaving with PErsic leading the way for sure.

Roma's CEO was funny after their last match saying that getting Florinzi back next year is worth 4 points and the scudetto should be theirs next year. uhhhh, not so sure about that.

Napoli's front line was so awesome this year - and considering their average height is about 5'3", that's pretty impressive.

Juve still the class of Serie A and will probably be the only net winners in the transfer market. Italy seems to me to be running out of steam due to money issues and soon will be on par with the Eredivise as far as their talent getting plucked clean.

Back