Bet at 5dimes
%ALT_TXT%%

The Saturday Edge

Administrator

CTG Administrator
Staff member
CTG is pleased to announce a new collaboration with The Saturday Edge (TSE).

View attachment 39360

We are hoping this collaboration will provide our members and guests with additional capping information, increased and informative discussions, wager advice, and additional contests to our forums. The contributors to TSE have years of capping experience and you may recognize many of the names from posting at our and other forums through the years.

About TSE:
The Saturday Edge was started in 2012 with the goal of becoming the Internet’s preeminent source for college football handicapping information. The site offers an abundance of great handicapping information, game analyses, picks, write-ups and expert advice so that its readers can make informed wagering decisions.

The site also places an emphasis on educating bettors on “How To” handicap college football games with in-depth articles that offer college football betting tips, strategies & tutorials to refine your thinking, sharpen your tactics, and improve your chances of selecting more winners.

They invite everyone from Capping The Game to go on over to The Saturday Edge and take a look at the site and let them know what you think.

*** I moved some posts to this forum to discuss any issues our members may have without it effecting TSE thread ***

Surprised to see touts posted and in concert with CTG? They can even post here? Seems some time ago VK and Cub and several others went this route as well. Yet - others here went on to have other sites and were banned. sabertstxvii or what ever is posting here and debating picks? He is one of the cappers on EDGE? Hows that worK? There must have been a dozen decent players banned here for having picks posted else where.

I see where the EDGE could be an asset to "some" who are trying to find info, but these things are everywhere from many sources. So, unless there is a money factor or owners connected here with profit in mind I see this as a partnership.
As far as their brief record, its not so different than many guys here already. I haven't looked at everything they are trying to offer, but I didn't see the need for CTG to allow, unless that is - that CTG has changed direction and is trying to evolve like other sites that promote private cappers for picks to gain money form sharing the revenues that come in when linked in to the EDGE site.

I see a lot of welcomes that appear to be of mutual interest. Time will tell if they are any good and what the end result and motives truly are.

Until then, I'll wait to see proven performance.
Best of luck to EDGE and CTG in this venture.

RetroVK

New Avatar Please
Surprised to see touts posted and in concert with CTG? They can even post here? Seems some time ago VK and Cub and several others went this route as well. Yet - others here went on to have other sites and were banned. sabertstxvii or what ever is posting here and debating picks? He is one of the cappers on EDGE? Hows that worK? There must have been a dozen decent players banned here for having picks posted else where.

I see where the EDGE could be an asset to "some" who are trying to find info, but these things are everywhere from many sources. So, unless there is a money factor or owners connected here with profit in mind I see this as a partnership.
As far as their brief record, its not so different than many guys here already. I haven't looked at everything they are trying to offer, but I didn't see the need for CTG to allow, unless that is - that CTG has changed direction and is trying to evolve like other sites that promote private cappers for picks to gain money form sharing the revenues that come in when linked in to the EDGE site.

I see a lot of welcomes that appear to be of mutual interest. Time will tell if they are any good and what the end result and motives truly are.

They have it right this time and had it wrong before. They admitted as much when discussing how they treated Dmoney and so on. We are all big boys capable of making our own decisions around here. Why limit information in the forums? Unless they start advertising in the main forums, or misrepresenting then no harm is done by intelligent people who have good knowledge of cfb posting and contributing. If you want some free info (to agree with or disagree with) that they offer, you can go read/listen to it. If you don't want to buy picks, don't buy picks. Yes, it is a move away from the ctg traditional model but it is an improvement and one that gives more respect to their membership and their ability to make their own decisions. The partners and mods here (in my opinion), should just be sticking to their model of keeping things respectful in the forums, especially in picks threads. Maybe do a little policing of threads as far as the picks are concerned (for instance someone posted an over in the Montana/ndsu game at halftime I think it was... when the game was already over the total). But quit worrying about whether people are going to buy picks. Let people do what they want and just leave the forums as a place where as many people as possible can contribute as peacefully as possible. If TSE becomes predatory in nature (like most in the industry tend to be forced to do in order to compete) then address that when it happens ... but it doesn't appear on its face that they have up to this point, unless someone knows something I don't. I actually commend CTG ownership for learning from past mistakes and growing.

So I welcome the new people. And Saber has made some great posts in the cfb forum already, something we are short of.

They have it right this time and had it wrong before. They admitted as much when discussing how they treated Dmoney and so on. We are all big boys capable of making our own decisions around here. Why limit information in the forums? Unless they start advertising in the main forums, or misrepresenting then no harm is done by intelligent people who have good knowledge of cfb posting and contributing. If you want some free info (to agree with or disagree with) that they offer, you can go read/listen to it. If you don't want to buy picks, don't buy picks. Yes, it is a move away from the ctg traditional model but it is an improvement and one that gives more respect to their membership and their ability to make their own decisions. The partners and mods here (in my opinion), should just be sticking to their model of keeping things respectful in the forums, especially in picks threads. Maybe do a little policing of threads as far as the picks are concerned (for instance someone posted an over in the Montana/ndsu game at halftime I think it was... when the game was already over the total). But quit worrying about whether people are going to buy picks. Let people do what they want and just leave the forums as a place where as many people as possible can contribute as peacefully as possible. If TSE becomes predatory in nature (like most in the industry tend to be forced to do in order to compete) then address that when it happens ... but it doesn't appear on its face that they have up to this point, unless someone knows something I don't. I actually commend CTG ownership for learning from past mistakes and growing.

So I welcome the new people. And Saber has made some great posts in the cfb forum already, something we are short of.

there's obviously some truth to all of that, VK, but it's not so black & white. it's also easy to take that position when you've dabbled on the dark side yourself, bro.

not passing judgement on the situation...even if i am somewhat passing judgement on your post/position/critique of the past. after all, i'm a CTG relic. that said, our core values...our fundamental beliefs, and positions on these types of issues...were absolutely correct for the time. the proof is in the pudding, brother...which is why this place took off like it did. (pretty much up until the great server crash that lost so much info, momentum, etc.) obviously though, things change over time...activity w/out a doubt has waned...so it makes sense to adapt/change with the times, right? maybe it's nothing more than going with the flow...

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Staff member

Most (not all) who were banned were banned because they spammed the site or used PMs to advertise. That will get a person banned if they have 0 posts or 100,000 posts. Guys like VK, Cubsker, and others who still post here gave us a heads up or didn't try to use the site or its members in some way. It's my personal opinion we could have supported our long term members in their endeavors a bit more and I do regret how some situations were handled and the relationships ruined. As a site we're open to working with any of our members to promote their ventures if it is also beneficial for our members and the site.

To set the record straight we have no financial interest in TSE. We are not promoting any of their service plays or allowing them to do anything service play related in our main forums. We are receiving no direct income from their site, but instead requested that they sponsor contests for our members. They have excellent articles and discussions and a great group of sports betting minds that can improve our discussions. Their weekly podcasts and newsletters are an excellent addition to anyone's capping repertoire.

When I can interact with knowledgeable cappers and share information that's a win for everyone. No one is making anyone purchase picks, but for those who decide they might want to we're going to be tracking the picks to verify that any records posted is legitimate. We don't want the site to be overrun by guys selling picks and advertisement wherever you look. That's not our brand. We're doing what we can to assist our members in getting the most information they can and collecting from the books.

hmm...
we used to move the touts down here where most wouldn't see it. now it's the other way around. further proof of what an un-involved relic i am.

and VK, regarding the post you decided to delete, you're only half right again...some truth, but not all truth. anyhow, think someone deleted/edited part of my previous post as well. convenient.

Elbutre88

have y'all reached out to any of the SB nation sites as far as content goes? figure one of the mods could go on some podcasts and pimp the site in regards to what "vegas" or "handicappers" see their favorite teams upcoming game.

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Almost all touts at some point knew their stuff. And a few were top 5%ers.

Some of the best threads on here and probably lost in the crash, were on this subject.

RetroVK

New Avatar Please
have y'all reached out to any of the SB nation sites as far as content goes? figure one of the mods could go on some podcasts and pimp the site in regards to what "vegas" or "handicappers" see their favorite teams upcoming game.

I tried. Even with personal relationships, I couldn't find a way to make it work with them. That was before ESPN P Steele mainstreaming but it isn't as easy as you think to get some of these places to deal with gambling related sites. They even mentioned that relationships to gambling could make it harder to get access to players, press credentials etc. etc.