• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

The Open Championship @ Royal Portrush Discussion / In-Game

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I'm pretty excited for this one. I love The Open and everything about it. I love watching the early starters go off at 1-2am in the East and the early weekend rounds. This is the first Open at this venue since the 1950s... It is WAY up there on Northern Ireland. The course looks absolutely amazing from my early research. I can't believe it's the last major already in 4 weeks but it is. Let's finish the majors strong!

Portrush has held 4 Irish Opens, the last in 2012. RCB finished 2nd. Winner, Jaime Donaldson was -18. Rafa Cabrera-Bello was 2nd at -14. Rory and Molinari were t-10 at -11. Russell Knox, Rahm, and Rory are last 3 winners of the Irish Open.

I've been a dumpster fire this major season but this is my favorite tourney of the year. Love waking up early to watch it.

best Euro Tour "longshot" Matt Wallace 50-1. T-12th US Open [-4] T-3rd PGA [-2] T-2nd British Masters [-15] solo 2nd DDC [-17] tied 2nd DP World [-16] tied 5th Nedbank [-7]. current 1st Race to Dubai. 3 wins 2018 season

other Euro Tour "cats & dogs"
Eddie Pepperell 125-1 tied 2nd British Masters [-15] 2018 season WIN British Masters [-9] tied 2nd Portugal [-19] tied 6th Open Championship [-5] solo 2nd Scottish [-16] WIN Qatar [-18]
Haotong Li 125-1 solo 4th China [-16] solo 2nd Saudi [-17] tied 5th Nedbank [-7] solo 2nd Turkish [-17]
Jorge Campillo 250-1 solo 3rd China WIN Trophee Hassan [-9] solo 3rd Indian [-7] tied 2nd Qatar [-11] tied 2nd Oman [-6]
Justin Harding 250-1 tied 2nd Kenya [-15] WIN Qatar [-13] solo 4th Vic Open [-16] solo 4th Mauritius Open [-17]

Matt Wallace was my first longshot I looked at... Great minds LRink...

I threw in Eddie Pepperell because he got tied 6th last year @ Carnoustie [-5] with a final round low [-5] and Haotong Li got solo 3rd @ Royal Birkdale in 2017 [-6] with a final round low [-7]

lots more "cats & dogs" to still look at esp with the "lead in " Irish and Scottish Opens which have been good "predictors" in the past :shake:

https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/major-qualifiers.html just added four of my "Euro Trash" favorites to the British Open qual list

Eric Van Rooyen 200-1 (5/1005) T-8th US PGA [+1] T-2nd Trophee Hassan [-7] T-6th Indian Open [-5] T-2nd Qatar Masters [-11]
David Lipsky 250-1 (4/1004) WIN Leopard Creek [-14]
Kurt Kitayama 250-1 (4/1004) WIN Mauritius Open [-20] and Oman Open [-7]
Robert MacIntyre 250-1 (4/1004) solo 2nd Made in Denmark [-13] T-2nd British Masters [-15]

also Chez Reavie 125-1. WIN Travelers [-17] T-3rd US Open [-7]

I threw in Eddie Pepperell because he got tied 6th last year @ Carnoustie [-5] with a final round low [-5] and Haotong Li got solo 3rd @ Royal Birkdale in 2017 [-6] with a final round low [-7]

lots more "cats & dogs" to still look at esp with the "lead in " Irish and Scottish Opens which have been good "predictors" in the past :shake:
Like both of these plays

I am a sucker and feel he is due to get each phase going at same time soon...

Jason Day +3500 for the Open is in...

Tiger hasn't played in a month competitively. Should be cold and rainy.. I foresee a fade coming....

Can't wait to see the match ups! Let's have a great week...

The Open has some interesting groupings. I like they spread them out and don't try to do several "super groups".

Reavie -135 vs Bubba: Chez in solid form of late. Weather is predicting showers daily and Bubba isn't a fan of rain. Throw in the fact it's a links course and should be windy also is a negative for Bubba. All signs point towards Reavie in my eyes...

Interesting that Phil fasted and lost weight before this event. Long term I think it's a good thing for him, but not so much for this week... Debating whether or not to fade him.

Beware that if you're a Directv customer you might not get the network feed on Saturday and Sunday. ATT still feuding with Nexstar and NBC has the tournament this year.
Last week I got the Scottish Open on the Golf Channel until the networks took over then I got nothing. Not sure if the 700 channels will have the network feed but you might want to have a backup plan if you plan to watch.

Beware that if you're a Directv customer you might not get the network feed on Saturday and Sunday. ATT still feuding with Nexstar and NBC has the tournament this year.
Last week I got the Scottish Open on the Golf Channel until the networks took over then I got nothing. Not sure if the 700 channels will have the network feed but you might want to have a backup plan if you plan to watch.
Hmmmmmmm

Here's where I am so far on matchups:

Hatton (-120) over P Reed
Scott (+110) vs Fleetwood
Xander (-105) vs Fleetwood
CH3 (-105) vs Fritelli

Feels weird to be fading Fleetwood not only once, but twice, but he hasn't been near as consistent this year as the last couple, plus Scott and Xander have both played well in the first 3 majors, in addition to being more consistent throughout the year. CH3 has a pretty terrible Open record, but a first time winner who found out he's even making the trip to N Ireland on Sunday afternoon is an auto-fade for me

longshots (bet/return)
Bernd Wiesberger 200-1 ( 5/1005) Bernd Wiesberger WIN Scottish Open [-22] playoff T-2nd Irish Open [-14] WIN Denmark [-14] playoff last six tourneys
Chez Reavie 125-1 (8/1008) WIN Travelers [-17] tied 3rd US Open [-7]

I have

Kuchar over Rahm EV 1st rd
Spieth over Cantlay +155 tournament.
Woods over Johnson +125 tournament
Stenson top 5 +600

The usual faves for me to win. Not good math.

Ah, THE Open Championship. I’ve set the alarm to insure me 6 hours sleep.
Many MANY years ago before there was a golf channel, I dropped into a neighbors house for a cup of coffee. I have no idea what year it was; I don’t know why I wasn’t working. But we sat there for hours watching holes not seen in prime time , players famous and not so famous, and No commercials. Hard to believe. We still talk about it. THE Open Championship remains one of my most favorite. Good night all. Please do not call me before 3 a.m.

So far, here is what I got going.............

Scott at 20=1 to win

First round match-ups.......Rock over Streelman -115.....Cabrerra Bello over Peppermint Patty -135.......Stanley over Beef -120

Inside one hour till first BIA

Fading Tiger in the mud..........two biggies

Koepka over Tiger for tourney (-145).....3 units
DJ over Tiger for tourney (-140)....3 units

Watch the big cat just shove it up my ass..............lol......love this shit

Back