• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

The BMW Championship

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
@B.A.R. hope you don't mind I got this started.

Just a couple of articles

Lean DJ, Berger & long shot on Kisner.

Bryson won the Amateur at the course :

Bryson DeChambeauWas absolutely dominant in 2015 U.S. Amateur victory at Olympia Fields.

Is there any reason to think DJ regresses? I don't see why he would except its impossible for him to play better

Tournament match up:

Bubba -105 vs Leishman: strictly the eye test for me on this one. Bubba seems to be trending upwards while Leishman from what I have seen looks pretty lost. Obviously these guys can turn things around from week to week but saw this match up and had to lock this one in early...

Reminder there is no cut this week. That always seems to bite me

Morikawa 26-1
Hatton 52-1

Probably gonna stop there.

I get that Collin missed last weeks cut but he was coming off a major win. Last time he missed a cut he won that same major. I see value in the number and think he should be more like 18-1, which is where Xander is at and they rate out the same.

Hatton played well 2 out of 4 rounds last week. Shot an 63 on Saturday. If he can put 4 together he will be in it, especially if the course plays tough which I think it might. He should be closer to 30, and is on some sites.

Morikawa 26-1
Hatton 52-1

Probably gonna stop there.

I get that Collin missed last weeks cut but he was coming off a major win. Last time he missed a cut he won that same major. I see value in the number and think he should be more like 18-1, which is where Xander is at and they rate out the same.

Hatton played well 2 out of 4 rounds last week. Shot an 63 on Saturday. If he can put 4 together he will be in it, especially if the course plays tough which I think it might. He should be closer to 30, and is on some sites.

From what I've read of the course, it's going to be long with pretty heavy rough, and since it's not a regular stop, there will be unfamiliarity with the greens. All that points to ball striking being hugely important, so Morikawa makes sense.

I don't know if there's a way to track this, but you'd have to think that the guys who are in that 25-50 range in the standings are going to have to play pretty aggressive if they want to make it to East Lake. Probably more volatility that usual, don't know if that would be useful or not from a capping perspective. Maybe when looking at 3rd and 4th round matchups

I don't know if there's a way to track this, but you'd have to think that the guys who are in that 25-50 range in the standings are going to have to play pretty aggressive if they want to make it to East Lake. Probably more volatility that usual, don't know if that would be useful or not from a capping perspective. Maybe when looking at 3rd and 4th round matchups
That's what I was wondering

Anyone see any articles that go over some of those scenarios?

1st wagers

Kisner -110 over Hovland -120 in the tourney

DJ to win +500

I get different #s via my local.

Tournament match up:

Bubba -105 vs Leishman: strictly the eye test for me on this one. Bubba seems to be trending upwards while Leishman from what I have seen looks pretty lost. Obviously these guys can turn things around from week to week but saw this match up and had to lock this one in early...
I got this at -120. Last look at book!they had raised the price to -135.
let’s get it, mr rbt.

A few, such as Tiger, saying this is more like a US Open setup...

I'll be much more likely to watch than last week.

To Watson -*120 v Lleishhman no have added
Noren +125 v Horschel
ive had my eye on Noren who has been pla.ying well week to week. Plus money always attracts my attention

Tourney:
Xander over Rory (Rory just isn't playing well but he always scares me. All form)
Palmer over Henley (Really like Palmer this week)
English over Hatton (My guy)

Winners:
Bryson 1300
Berger 2100
Day 3000
Scheffler 3300
Wolff 4500

Top 20s
Xander -220
Berger -200
Day -180
Scheffler -140
Wolff -105
Hovland -105
Palmer =200
Kokrak +325

Took to man top 20s but oh well.

Playing live this week...

Obviously looking for guys who can stay in fairway and hit greens...(sounds simple enough... but this kinda shapes up like Memorial, right?).

Playing live this week...

Obviously looking for guys who can stay in fairway and hit greens...(sounds simple enough... but this kinda shapes up like Memorial, right?).

Yes...looking for accurate drives with good iron games...Morikawa would be next on my list. I just didn't see much value. Though Bryson is just so long, he's a different animal...and has success at this course.

Back with 1st round plays later. Like quite a bit this week. Raring to get that bad taste out of my mouth from the last tournament

To Watson -*120 v Lleishhman no have added
Noren +125 v Horschel
ive had my eye on Noren who has been pla.ying well week to week. Plus money always attracts my attention
I like both of these FWIW

1st wagers

Kisner -110 over Hovland -120 in the tourney

DJ to win +500

I get different #s via my local.
Adding:

Round #1 Berger +115 over Justin Thomas

Tourney: Noren + 115 Over Horschel

Last edited:
Round 1:

X -114 over Rory

Finau +150 over Billy Ho/Neimann 3U
Berger +220 over DJ/JT
Kokrak +138 over Poston/McNealy
Dahmen +150 over Lee/Hoge 2U

Adding Palmer -125 vs Leishman round 1 only

I am probably making Leishman the first round leader betting twice against him but I still think he is fade material... Palmer has been more than adequate lately...

Adding Robby Shelton +225 over Casey/Herman

Steele +163 over Harman/Werenski
Henley +155 over Fitz/Fritelli

literally playing every edge this week. Gonna have a lot in action. Finau/Dahmen/Shelton are the bigger plays

Mostly matchups for me this week. Took 2 small shots at huge prices.....Wolff to win and Duncan top 10

Top 10
Kisner +300 .5*

Top 20
Kisner +125 .5*
Scheffler +120 .5*

Tournament Matchups
Oosthuizen -105 vs. Fitzpatrick.5*
Kisner +105 vs. Hovland .5*
Scheffler -145 vs. Woods .5*

Top 10
Kisner +300 .5*

Top 20
Kisner +125 .5*
Scheffler +120 .5*

Tournament Matchups
Oosthuizen -105 vs. Fitzpatrick.5*
Kisner +105 vs. Hovland .5*
Scheffler -145 vs. Woods .5*
I'm on Kisner over Hovland with you -won some $ on him 2 weeks in row

Berger might be a top 5 player in the world rankings by Masters time and out of the field.

An interesting covid story.

Back