• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

The Big Cat will be roaming the fairways again!

See if he can battle back and not shoot something ridiculous. Too many positives this week to dwell on a bad front 9.

Not worried

Golf Channel last night was showing his drives

Apex and speed was signing 3 feet and 2mph on all of them both days, and his swing was consistent on video

Distance can be effected by wind but the ball hit on the prime piece of driver driver is the first two. Not worried

No fairways and having to chip on pretty much every hole, definitely not a great swing today and overcooking everything

Wind hurting everyone it seems today more than the first two and he's just never been one who seems comfortable when conditions get to a certain point

Been a while since I chose to have one of the 3 TVs outside tuned in to golf
Great to see Tiger really back and these guys are not just good but getting better.
Fowler birdies first 4 holes then holes a bunker shot for 5 birdies to start off and stiffs it at 6

Even with the double he's going lower than he ever did on Elin today and it's great

Cat is back

This was the round that says I'm ready to drop deez nutz going forward

How great a week

Great stuff Tiger swinging way beyond any of the ten previous comebacks
How bout Fowler Front nine 28
Had a 28 on 9 a few weeks ago but was a scramble lol

What's funny is I know Rickie is dominating but not watching anything other than the CAT

Yeah, that's how it works

This is an incredible round. Don't care about the rest, would love to see Hoffman win for other reasons but today is about Eldrick doing Eldrick things

Caught bits and pieces over the 4 days, but I don't know how you could say that this tournament was anything but a resounding success for Tiger. The only concern would be the short game, but hopefully his confidence will be increasing moving forward in that regard. Getting off the bermuda may help. Was listening to a guy on PGA radio last week that also struggled with back issues, and he said that for him at least, putting and short game were the hardest to practice for any length of time because of the posture required. Could explain some of Tiger's rust, not to mention 2015 when he had the chip yips. Have heard Couples say something similar, like if he had been able to practice putting like most tour pros, he would been a far better putter.

Anyway, just excited for this season with Tiger back in the mix. Hopefully we get 10-15 tournaments out of him. The Tiger I watched this weekend will be competitive, if not a winner.

I'd be happy with all 4 Majors after that ......

1 of these 4 TPC Phoenix, Pebble Beach, Rivera or Torrey Pines.
PGA National, Bay Hill, Sawgrass, Muirfield Village, The National, Firestone.
That's leads into the FedEx playoffs.

Did I miss any? Bryon Nelson? Or is that wishing for too much?

Last edited:
Lol he's not coming to Scottsdale, can't imagine...although it's a tournament he's never won

Did I miss any? Bryon Nelson? Or is that wiahjng for too much?

I feel that if healthy and qualified, he will definitely play these events: 4 majors, Bay Hill, Memorial, the Players, and the National. Plus any/all the WGC he qualifies for. That's 8 for sure IMO, possibly 11 if he somehow qualifies for match play, Mexico and/or Firestone

Outside of that, I consider Torrey Pines, PGA National, and Riviera to be very likely. So there's 11-14 tournaments that I would bet on him playing. Maybe throw Pebble in there, though it Riviera, and Honda are back to back to back on different coasts, so I can't imagine he'll play both

I agree with most analysts who think he should play some of the less renowned tournaments on easier courses with shallower fields, if for nothing more than getting tournament reps before he takes on huge golf courses against the toughest fields. Will be interesting to see how he handles the 6 week stretch of: Career Builder-Torrey-Phoenix-Pebble-Riviera-Honda

I know there's a new rule on the tour that if a player doesn't make a certain amount of starts, he has to play a tournament he hasn't played in the last 3 years or something. A good rule to get big names in smaller tournaments. Not sure if Tiger is bound by that rule or not this season, but seems like a good excuse to play something off his routine from when he was the dominant player

Rumor is he won't play Pebble due to pro-am

He's always hated playing Scottsdale but it was opposite Dubai so that factored. Last time he defaulted out...guess I could see it, certainly a scoring course. He has to play Torrey and if he went in on Palm Springs that would be...interesting. I know his connection to Riviera but don't see the positive there unless he does something awesome before it. Honda seems smart.

I forgot about Pebble being a pro-am. No way he plays that with it being cold and 6 hour rounds. Torrey is definitely his most likely next start. I feel like he’ll play one more on west coast swing, with Riviera more likely than Scottsdale. Might be too much scar tissue there. Watching him blade and chunk 4 iron chips was sad to watch

He won't be qualified for match play.

I was thinking about that, and trying to remember the qualifications for each WGC. He can get into Firestone with a win on Tour. The others he will have to be in the top 50 (Mexico) or 64 (match play) in the OWGR. He's going to need at least 2 wins before those, and even then I doubt that gets him there. Funny thing is, he jumped from 1200 or so to mid 600s with the Hero. If he came in last of all those that made the cut in every tournament he plays this year, I think he may crack the top 150, or maybe better, in OWGR because the fields will be so strong

100% chance to Torrey. I'd say it's more likely he goes to Scottsdale over Riviera but we'll see. He needs a lot more reps. Promising start. Long irons and driver were silky.

The bounce back Saturday from that start followed by Sunday is a big mental hurdle.

Next will be the short game...

100% chance to Torrey. I'd say it's more likely he goes to Scottsdale over Riviera but we'll see. He needs a lot more reps. Promising start. Long irons and driver were silky.

His foundation is the host at Riviera, so I’d bet on him playing there if he is able

Did I miss any? Bryon Nelson? Or is that wishing for too much?

after the FedEx cup is what get's me excited

Tiger back at the Ryder Cup

how lucky are we, and maybe getting way too ahead of ourselves, but that 2018, the year of his return, it's the Ryder cup and not Presidents

didn't even put it together till I was looking at schedule this morning, and I think it makes my top 3 for tourneys I can't wait for him to be back for

BLOG_philtiger-740x493.jpg

They would pair him w/ Justin Thomas is my guess. Or Fowler.
I would LOVE to see him w/ Fowler.

Ryder Cup is gonna be awesome and in Paris. WOW.
Fowler and the Big Cat roaming Paris single.....that would = some good golf

They would pair him w/ Justin Thomas is my guess. Or Fowler.
I would LOVE to see him w/ Fowler.

Ryder Cup is gonna be awesome and in Paris. WOW.
Fowler and the Big Cat roaming Paris single.....that would = some good golf

Haha, love it.

Fowler I was thinking, Kuch works too

I want him vs Sergio

or if it comes down to sunday, last match him vs a rejuvenated Rory..

Back