• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Suspending baseball...

Cardinals are playing at the moment. What the fuckin fuck. I had high hopes mlb was gonna stand up to these fear mongering cucks!!!

if only nfl was in season. They the one sport who might feel powerful enough to take a stand.

Just heard later today they are suspending baseball operations smh

Just read start of season being pushed back “at least” 2 weeks. Fuck all these ppl. I was just coming out my winter Bipolar funk with March madness and baseball coming really quickly!!

Tell ya what, we might just get a shortened season and it's a good trial run for everyone that's been asking for it.

Would be very surprised if they played 162. I'm afraid it's going to be closer to 81 than 162.

The latest talk is of them still playing 162 and would run regular season through October. Obviously it all depends on when they start but I think that plan was with a May 1st-ish start date for the season.

Last edited:
I figure best case scenario is May 15. They're going to want to have another 2 or maybe 3 weeks of spring training, I would think.

What's thoughts on how many games? I'm assuming they skip the ASG n break.

Union would probably have to agree to skip the break. Number in my mind has always been 100. If they start in late May, that's two full months gone as the season was starting early this year.

Union would probably have to agree to skip the break. Number in my mind has always been 100. If they start in late May, that's two full months gone as the season was starting early this year.
I said it a few posts ago but this will make for an awesome season. I've never stated I wanted a shortened season before but forcing a test run isn't too bad at all.

Allow bigger rosters, for double-headers. I think that's piling to many games in, even if June 1st is feasible. June 15th-July 1st start with say 100 games is much better. Now, this is simply financial for all sides so shall see.

Allow bigger rosters, for double-headers. I think that's piling to many games in, even if June 1st is feasible. June 15th-July 1st start with say 100 games is much better. Now, this is simply financial for all sides so shall see.

140-150 sounds like a lot. It wouldn’t surprise me if it ended up at 75% of a season, so 120 games. I’m not sure 100 is enough, and as you said it’s more than likely financial related first for them, but I can see them coming off of 140-150.

The double headers seem like a bit of a financial related concession too don’t they? They play 2 games (so they get more games in), but cut the ticket revenue in half any day they play a DH.

I'd pass on the doubleheaders honestly. Makes for a much lower quality of play and wears out the regulars. I would stick with nearly the same number of normal off days pro-rated and just go with 100 or 120 or whatever. Playoffs start at most 3 weeks later than normal. Late November games in New York, Minnesota, Cleveland, chicago, and DC? Pass.

I mean, many people seem to be doubting sports even in September and beyond...

even the ppl who called me ignorant for calling the shutdown a joke are now starting to get sick of it and realizing it was way blown out of proportion. They be back sometime in June me thinks.

I'm sure the players union will demand at least 3 weeks for spring training. If they decide something in the next month then get moving they could be playing by July 4.

All these players that bitched about being quarantined a couple months ago are probably coming around to it....

No joke....these guys would rather sit at home with their families than go to AZ and get paid millions to play ball for a few months? I don't believe it.

I mean if you don't want to play, forego your salary and don't play. Seems simple.
You know a few of these unfaithful married guys itching for some strange as well.

Germany looking to be first with soccer where someone has the virus and they practice/play on. I like it....going to interesting to follow.

The tough call is for the sports media that is driving home the point that sports cannot be played it's too "risky". More of them need to be laid off, narrative changes real quick.

I have never detested sports media more than I do now. You‘d think that as sports fans they’d be sympathetic to our hopes for sports returning asap but its manufactured drama with these pretentious asses first and foremost and they toe the propaganda line with the fake news overreaction bullshit

Back