• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Super Bowl Discussion - San Francisco vs. Kansas City

Barnwell’s article on ESPN is fantastic. 9ers with Dee Ford have an opponent QBR of 11 and 9 of the last 9 SBs have been won by the “inferior” QB statistics wise.

Barnwell’s article on ESPN is fantastic. 9ers with Dee Ford have an opponent QBR of 11 and 9 of the last 9 SBs have been won by the “inferior” QB statistics wise.

Yep. Pretty surprising but the majority of the time the “better” QB hasn’t fared well in SB history

Yep. Pretty surprising but the majority of the time the “better” QB hasn’t fared well in SB history

very surprising. But I suppose one could argue Brady > Ryan, Brady > Goff. The rest are just head scratching.

Lang on Chiefs

Throw out all the analysis so far. This is more important. Phew (as a 9er fan).

I’ll be back with Fade Friend’s pick. Imagine he will be all over Chiefs. But if he’s on the underdog, which means it’s super square dog, it NEVER wins.

I agree with the Mosert under yardage props but I’d be concerned about Coleman’s workload and I thought Shanahan has been “saving” Breida since he’s always hurt but I think this is more a reflection of his two fumbles vs the Falcons which ultimately made the couple final games for the 9ers so so difficult.

If the 9ers turn it over once or less they win. 2 or more zero chance. I think it comes down to that. I worry about Clark vs Glinchy on the right side. Hopefully Jimmy just goes down. Fumbles a lot trying to fall forward for a meaningless yard on an already negative play.

Here is a stat I haven't seen anywhere yet, but good to know...

49ers Are 0-1 In The Month Of February

Apologoes in advance, as I'm assuming this was already discussed at some point...Andy Reid's record with 2 weeks to prepare is sick. That being said, is there any data that shows what that record is when facing someone who also had 2 weeks to prepare, as that stat would be much more valid.

Apologoes in advance, as I'm assuming this was already discussed at some point...Andy Reid's record with 2 weeks to prepare is sick. That being said, is there any data that shows what that record is when facing someone who also had 2 weeks to prepare, as that stat would be much more valid.
Good point and good question about regular season. Obviously the only time this happens in playoffs is the SB where he is 0-1.

I was just telling my brother history says the top dog qb loses more than wins this game when facing off against the superior overall team.

If the 9ers turn it over once or less they win. 2 or more zero chance. I think it comes down to that. I worry about Clark vs Glinchy on the right side. Hopefully Jimmy just goes down. Fumbles a lot trying to fall forward for a meaningless yard on an already negative play.

I’ve felt all playoffs the only way a team beating niners is if they win the turnover battle by at least 2. Even kc at +2 I think it just makes it a close game.

I agree with the Mosert under yardage props but I’d be concerned about Coleman’s workload and I thought Shanahan has been “saving” Breida since he’s always hurt but I think this is more a reflection of his two fumbles vs the Falcons which ultimately made the couple final games for the 9ers so so difficult.

is Coleman healthy? I like him a lot in this game if he good to go.

Look, im not usually like this, but im throwing out all stats & metrics. Im also not worrying about being sharp or not. This is a matchup of offensive geniuses. So im taking the over. Thats it.

great write up huh?

I agree with over but I’m incredibly hesitant to play it before the kick. Keep telling myself to wait out the 1st qrtr in case it slow like has seemed to me to often be the case. Them again the 1st qrtr total was pretty low for a 53 total so not sure how much live total would drop in case of a slow start?

This thread has turned into something I'd expect to see at Covers. Clearly people have already decided what side they want to be on and are arguing their side. In my opinion you can shit can all the stats at this point & bet it based on the eye test. We've all watched five months of football. If anyone needs to look up how many yards KC gives up against the run, for example, they shouldn't be betting this.

No amount of handicapping or research could have lead anyone to accurately predict last year's SB outcome. But by all means, keep bashing one another, makes for a good read.

I teased rams and under last year. Still can’t figure out how the fuck I lost that bet!! Lol

way too many fan emotions around here for my taste during these playoffs.

I was just telling my brother history says the top dog qb loses more than wins this game when facing off against the superior overall team.
It’s just funny because most times you hear “I’ll take the better QB in the big game” - that being said - I need KC tonight. Think it’s a great game either way

Let's stop acting like stopping Derrick Henry was the feat of all feats. Dude had a nice few games.

I don’t understand at all why stopping Henry would lead anyone to believe that means they can stop niners? They nothing the same, the way they go about rushing the ball are 2 different worlds from scheme where niners are incredibly creative and get ball in several different guys hands opposed to titans simply lining up straight forward handing it to Henry every time. Not even taking into account the fact you have to worry way more about niners passing attack that looks identical to their run plays.

No numbers can convince me stopping the titans offense is anywhere near as daunting a task as stopping San Fran. It just isn’t the case.

It’s just funny because most times you hear “I’ll take the better QB in the big game” - that being said - I need KC tonight. Think it’s a great game either way

I’d like to root for kc but I havnt been able to convince myself there any good reason to come off the +170 I took niners to win at before the afc/nfc championship games? Certainly wouldnt surprise me if either team won, just a matter of having the price on the niners. Had the numbers been reversed and Sf was +135 and kc was +170 before those games I’d be on chiefs. Lol

It’s absolutely insane to me how differently so many guys who’s opinion I generally respect around here see it!! Guys on both sides seem to think it a slam dunk. I must be crazy cause I think there decent case for both teams.

I do think niners are the better team but I don’t think by much. I mean the freaking line is 1 for Christ sakes, it don’t get much more coin flippy than that!! I would say IF the game were to get out of hand I think it be niners winning by big margin. Don’t think that happens just don’t see a way niners would get blown out. Really don’t think niners run away either but kc habit of slow starts makes me think it more a possibility cause I don’t think there any way kc starts like shit again and comes back.

Anyone heard Coleman’s status? Assume he’s good to go, but how good is that arm/shoulder?

Think it’s a close game and no idea who wins so I did a small 3TT. Probably a stupid bet but I’ve bet stupider shit over the years
3TT over 43, KC +8.5, SF+11.5

Back