• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Super Bowl Discussion Rams vs Pats @Atlanta Stadium

Vircavs....your dislike for the Pats is looking a little obvious here....Brady works harder than any QB in the league....he has watched more film than any QB in the league by twice and that includes Peyton....luck isn't something that is particular to a person, it is the result of hard work and relentless pursuit.....following a game Brady goes immediately to his next opponent and studies and by Monday morning when all the Pats are sitting the war room going over Sunday's goofs and upcoming opponent Belichick says if he's not totally prepared then Brady blows him out of the water.....he reads defense as well as anyone and that's because he studies more than anyone....and what game were you watching last week when Brady was zipping balls at 100mph into ridiculiously small windows within 1.5 seconds of identifying where he was going....i could go on and on but the facts are Brady had been operating at the very highest level for 17 years against the very best and succeeding not due to luck but because he is an incredibly high functioning human being who works harder than anyone at his craft....for you to demean that is just plain wrong
I serious doubt more than Peyton. Cmon. He STILL does it to this day and he isn't even playing.
And Brady can be tempted by a hot wife

Shit, I don't find the 2001 game relevant either...or 2004...or...

God idk maybe the whole Brady/Belichik combo is consistent each time? Why‘d you even respond to my post lol it‘s an interesting trend with a long data sample. Thx for the constructive criticism

It was a blanket statement "Patriots are 0-8' in the Super Bowl first quarter. I'd preface that statement of you are going to use to cap a potential play. That's all.

It was a blanket statement "Patriots are 0-8' in the Super Bowl first quarter. I'd preface that statement of you are going to use to cap a potential play. That's all.

I was going to come back to it i pm‘ed you about this :)

Uh 8 Brady/Bel super bowls. Can you get a better sample size lmao? Im talking about the B/B Pats, Teed, not super bowls in general. Not sure you caught that

Uh 8 Brady/Bel super bowls. Can you get a better sample size lmao? Im talking about the B/B Pats, Teed, not super bowls in general. Not sure you caught that

I did, and 8 things is not a sample size

By inferring that this is some type of trend

You are making assumptions that 8 quarters of football doesnt show

Most people I would hope believe that teams dont want to be trailing after 15 minutes

So you are assuming that the Patriots, a team widely recognized as having excellent coaching and preparation, is poor at it in the super bowl, not all games, not all playoff games, not all games off 2 weeks rest, just this one game called the super bowl

You are doing this based off of 2 constants, albeit constants with a higher value than others, and hundreds of variables. How many coaches and players have been involved in all 8 quarters, 7?, 6? Etc.

Secondly you are missing the variables on things like who recieved the ball first, the weather

Thirdly, with so little sample size, you are allowing for individual outliers to have an extreme effect on the data set. Over 1000 events this will even out, but in 8 events, 1 slip, 1 bad penalty call, etc etc etc... has a massive effect

For instance

2 of the last 3 super bowl 1st quarters ended 0-0

The Patriots got deeper into opposition territory in both of them, including to the 6 yard line in one before an interception

In another, vs the giants, they lost the 1st quarter 3-0

Did you know they scored a td on the first play of the 2nd quarter?

Wanting to bet on the rams 1st q is fine, in have no opinion on it

But using 0-8 to justify it makes no sense

Better way to view the angle in this one (1st Quarters) is that the Pats have scored a combined 3 points in all their SB appearances with Hoodie.

This gets to the heart of how the Pats NORMALLY approach this game...don't worry about the start, focus on the finish. BUT...I think they receive if they win the toss today and want to play from ahead....its a stay away from me, but GL whatever you gents play

Lang on the Pats -2.5 for 150 Dimes...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're right it is a trend. Whether it is a predictive trend with causation is another question. The team composition and strategy has changed greatly over those 8 superbowls so I would lean toward not relying on this trend as predictive.

You're right it is a trend. Whether it is a predictive trend with causation is another question. The team composition and strategy has changed greatly over those 8 superbowls so I would lean toward not relying on this trend as predictive.

Prob not going to play it myself, just thought the continuity over time was interesting. Pats mentality seems pretty composed and business-like. Seems like underdogs like Atlanta come out with a lot more fire. I would think along those lines.

I think its because there's normally nerves during the start of such a big game so its not that they can't score at first but they just slow it down to not make any mistakes.

Lang on the Pats -2.5 for 150 Dimes...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Good news

Better way to view the angle in this one (1st Quarters) is that the Pats have scored a combined 3 points in all their SB appearances with Hoodie.

This gets to the heart of how the Pats NORMALLY approach this game...don't worry about the start, focus on the finish. BUT...I think they receive if they win the toss today and want to play from ahead....its a stay away from me, but GL whatever you gents play

I'm liking the thought process that NE would receive, LA would defer. I can't find a who gets the ball first prop

Does the entire roof open in Atlanta or is it just the Benz logo part? It’s gotta be the whole thing right?

I have a +390 pre conference championship on Rams to win super bowl. In my heart, I want the Patriots to win. In my opinion a big majority are on the Pats. Since this is the biggest bet game of the year and the Pats opened as dog it is relevant to me.

If they break trend and score to go up in 1st quarter, as Scarf suggests, things will get interesting, it will get very interesting if they get up 2 scores with ball, at that point I'm jumping on Rams ats with as much as I can bear.

Help me out Fellas in the know:

Lang and his 150 dimes. Is he trying to win fifteen dollars
or is he risking fifteen dollars? Guy looks like he is living in
a shelter eating at a soup kitchen.

Halftime margin in BB 10 playoff losses: 15,6,4,1,-7,-8,-10,-10,-11,-17

1st half winning margin - Rams win by 7-12 +475

Rams never had a chance.

But on defense how hard was it to stop 2 marginally average players like Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks? It was fairly easy.

To be fair, Gilmore and Lattimore are probably the 2 best corners playing today. Gilmore is fucking outstanding and probably the No.1 guy in the league IMO

Tying up a couple of loose ends:

1. The Patriots have become a rival of the Cowboys, Steelers and Packers in terms of a nationwide fan base. Never would've thought the building would be 80% Pats even though the Rams have a pretty small base. After three SBs the previous four years, plus the Red Sox success, I figured the crowd would be at worst 50-50 based on fatigue alone.

2. I don't mind Edelman getting the MVP, although his big 1st half had only a minimal effect on the scoreboard. But a game with that kind of defensive effort really deserved a defensive MVP. Some combo of Gilmore, Hightower and Van Noy would've been reasonable.

3. Said right after the Conference Finals that the game would turn on two things. 1) Can Rams get pressure on Brady and make him throw under duress. They actually did OK in that regard. 2) Will the early season Gurley show up? That didn't happen at all. Goff was left on an island and not surprisingly did not rise to the occasion. Hoodie shut down those intermediate crossing routes with a combination of great pressure and a confusing mixture of zones and man schemes. Without their best player and their best play call the result was inevitable barring a total 41 year old collapse.

Back