• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sunday South American Plays......

emet15

Velez vs River Plate

Velez is a team that has mantained a style for almost 3 years now.....
They are a very dinamic, light and speedy team that relies a lot on the spaces that good work on the wings makes in the rest of the field.......
Both of their wing defenders add themselves very nicely when the team attacks..........
On the other side we have a very oportunistic team..... River still hasnt shown the type of power that people envisioned when they made some huge offseason signings.............
They have a GREAT football idea when they place themselves with a movable 3-3-3-1 scheme that easily transforms, when defending, to a 5-4-1 with the 4 midfielders playing on a rombus.......or whenever they need to go out there and find the opposite net they can go into a 3-4-3, with 3 Defenders, one stopper, 2 pure wing players, 1 Centermidfielder, 2 links and one area defender, trying to do some of what velez has been doing with succes, using the wings........

However, as even as this matchup may seem, there are a few edges that not only make the line a bit more favorite to Velez, but it also makes it a very interesting play.......

Velez is the leader, for now, as Estudiantes that is tieed with them at the top had their game postponed when they were winning with 20 minutes to play, but vs an 8 man Racing............. so they are virtually 2nd place unless they win tomorrow..... they have a strong home support, and they have a huge huge psicollogycall reason to win this game, as a tragedy happened last sunday, when a fan that was going to see Velez play vs San Lorenzo was shot by San Lorenzo fans on the way to the game.... the game was postponed, but Velez was really struck by the action, and they are having a special tribute to the fan and their family... they are offering the game to him and his family and also, during the week many media questioned Velez because they think they cant keep the pace....
What better way to make a statement than winning vs one of the Biggest teams in America (continent) that is not in its best shape???

Play Velez +130
:smiley_acbe:

Mexican League play....

I dont usually play Mexican League, as it is my home league, adn as much as I know it from a to z feeling betrays me at the moment of capping...... yet I know these might be a great spot, considering that this is a +220 Draw with bigg chances of hitting....

Veracruz @ Atlante....

Atlante is far away from that championship form they had last season..... they lost many important players, and still cant connect that midfield with the forwards effectively since Chicharo left the team.......
Veracruz in the other hand is the last place and are 8 points away from Tigres, their direct competition to maintain themselves in 1st division.........
Tigres just lost moments ago, and these is the best and one of the last chances of veracruz to close the gap between them and Tigres.......
Since Herrera, the new coach in veracruz arrived, the are a whole different team, they have feeling and fight a lot each game...... eventhough the talent is not there..........

tomorrow Atlante plays in the killer weather in Cancun, as they play with a lot of humidity and heat..... however Veracruz is used to that weather, as they play in similar conditions in the beach city of Veracruz, so that wont be a factor for or against them......
Expect them to fight a lot, you really need to see the fight they put every game...... they are a great group and eventhough i think they will lose division, they can fight.......

Tomorrow as i've told you its their last chance, I wont expect them to win the game, as the talent is not there.........
Close game....... great chance for the under......

I use a Local and actually got to play it at +130 but they have it now at +120..............

they were winning 1-0 at halftime......
Estudiantes mad 2 quick goals at 13' and 15' 2H, and Racing just lost it from there on......
The 3 reds were on 2yellow cards, but tha game was stopped when at 32' or something arround Moralez the midget made a Heroic goal(I mean racing was with 9 players, and it was a very nice goal) but during the play he pushed he ball with the arm, so the goal is called back.....
:hang:
People LOST their heads......
:moose:

Chaos attacked, people went on the field, seats flew arround, fights all over the stadium, people outside waiting both for the Owners and the Estudiantes fans........
Obviusly the game was stopped, and no only Racing will surely loose the game, but they might loose some points in the table as a punishment........
If they do so, they are 2 points over the desenso/promotion/loosing category (they loose their rights to play in 1st div..... (CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SAY THAT IN ENGLISH PLEASE)..........
And they also loose 3 of their best players heading into a direct clash vs San martin de San juan........
Coach might just :seeya:

Uhh Damn.... That wasnt a deserved loss there......
Velez los 2-0 vs River Plate that found the net early and managed the game after that...........

Just a little luck would have given us the edge if that first Velez chance had not changed direction when it hit the grass.............that would have been the early 1-0, instead River with a Fast break took 1-0 in that same play...........

Appart from that, it was amazing how fans went into the stadium........
If someone was lucky enough to see it... wow, if not, They all came dressed in Black, and didnt sing for the first 10 minutes.... gave me chills when they tore away their black shirts to reveal blue and white and started signing....... it was nice.....

Ill take my chances with a very little play....

+350 Colon vs Boca Jrs.......

Boca is facing 2 big tournaments at the same time, and come from a 2-0 loss to colo colo, where they not only lost the game, but lost their main player, their brain, Riquelme is 4 weeks out, and that is just bad news to a team that has big lagoons in their midfield............
Colon has a little history of making tough games vs Boca, they have won and draw lately when recieving Boca....
But now they go to la bombonera to play Boca.....
Boca wont only not have Riquelme, but Paletta, Morel and Palermo wont play, Morel might, but its not likely....... playing with many subs, with their fan groups fighting for power, and with a Colon team that needs to get out of the red zone ill play some little money for the big prize.......
Ill try and find a good line with Colon to draw or win, i think that should be around +140.....

mate how you think about Independiente today ? i watched San Martin - Boca some weeks ago and Boca - Independiente and i think guests have good chances today .... but i wait for your opinion

Wow Cris.... you really had it there...... Hope you played it............
I just came back from dinner, and hmmm looks like its not really my day jeje...........and allthough Colon was just one goal away, that was a very easy win for them......... They broke the defensive sistem too early for Colon to be able to put up a fight........

Hope you played San Martin......

Veracruz up early against atlante...1-0 28 min.........
Atlanta has now taken controll of the ball and the game..... veracruz is back in their own field........
Game will be the same until Veracruz either gives away the draw, or kills Atlante with a counterattack.........
Lets hope Atlante scores near the end, cause if they score early also, they might win this thing......
I hace the draw!!

Were even now..... 1-1.....
Hope its stays this way......
If not, Id rather see Veracruz win than Atlante...

Ill try and post during the week, as it is Copa Libertadores time, but it looks as a tough week at work, so ill se what happens...

Mexican league is my home league so i have no problem watching the games....
Argentinian league either I see the ones that my signal (sky) gives in Foxsports or I try to hear them at any internet radio........

its hard to find a place to watch games from argentina, as the league is private, except 1 or 2 games each sunday..........you might be able to watch them on at some site via intenet, allthough ive never tried......... i hear them on the radio, and i could give you the site, but I dont know if you understand spanish........ if you want the site, just ask.....

Back