Summer 2019 Transfer News, Myths and Rumors

Just need the agreement with the player it looks like. If he wants to join that could get done. Argentine coach, Argentine player. Depends what kind of salary he is asking too, not sure if that could be a problem as reportedly he asked for a lot to Man Utd and that didn’t work.

I’ve read rumors of a possible swap with Eriksen as well. If Eriksen will definitely not renew, could be good to send him out of the PL and get something in return at the same time

Think that would be a deal for all parties involved and then get Lo Celso

Also some reports earlier that Sessegnon should get done for 30 million. Those where yesterday I think

Think that would be a deal for all parties involved and then get Lo Celso

Also some reports earlier that Sessegnon should get done for 30 million. Those where yesterday I think

Could be, but even with Eriksen out, getting Lo Celso + Dybala + Sessegnon that’s a lot of money.

My gut feeling says Eriksen to Man Utd, Pogba to Real Madrid

Lo Celso and Sessegnon to Tottenham

As for Arsenal, trying to get a CB after Koscielny left. And Mustafi has continued to be awful in preseason so his time may be up finally.

Had a bid of £55m for Upamecano. Rejected by Leipzig. His release clause is £92m. Looks like he is the 1st choice. Rugani backup plan but he has been average at Juventus so I’m not too keen on him.

Tierney may be a deadline day signing. Not sure why we didn’t buy him earlier it is a bit of a mystery. Might have saved the cash for the CB perhaps.

Other possibility is Coutinho. He has been offered to top 6 PL clubs and Tottenham/Arsenal the most persistent rumors the last day. Let’s see tomorrow!

Dont see dybala happening, issue at man u was his agent or someone connected own his image rights and wanted something crazy for it

Not sure I see levy spending when woodward wouldt

Funny that the issue with lo celso and dybala are opposed, one we are good with the club fee, other is the agents stuff and wages

I think lo celso happens, and dybala is dependent on eriksen

Sounds like eriksen pouted a bit after madrid didnt want him, could see hi, at united now as poch has always said he wants no one there who isnt happy.

A spurs itk with good history says medical is booked tomorrow for bruno Fernandes , but I doubt that

My guess right now is

Sessegnon and lo celso in

If eriksen goes to United, it would be another attacking mid, likely dybala as that money from eriksen woild go for dybala, or maybe BF

Dont see coutinho, would love it, but dont see it

As for Arsenal, trying to get a CB after Koscielny left. And Mustafi has continued to be awful in preseason so his time may be up finally.

Had a bid of £55m for Upamecano. Rejected by Leipzig. His release clause is £92m. Looks like he is the 1st choice. Rugani backup plan but he has been average at Juventus so I’m not too keen on him.

Tierney may be a deadline day signing. Not sure why we didn’t buy him earlier it is a bit of a mystery. Might have saved the cash for the CB perhaps.

Other possibility is Coutinho. He has been offered to top 6 PL clubs and Tottenham/Arsenal the most persistent rumors the last day. Let’s see tomorrow!

Tierney and upamecano would be a great window

If its Tierney and Rouhani still very good

Team is rebuilding and not perfect, but so are others around them

CL is definitely a target, I think they are gonna be like liverpool of a few years ago. All offense and leaking goals, so at least exciting

Tierney and upamecano would be a great window

If its Tierney and Rouhani still very good

Team is rebuilding and not perfect, but so are others around them

CL is definitely a target, I think they are gonna be like liverpool of a few years ago. All offense and leaking goals, so at least exciting

Oh yeah Tierney and Upamecano would be close to a perfect window. Just not sure if we have the money left to pull off these 2. We still have some players to sell so maybe. But as of now the defense is BAD.

Getting a CB is a must. And getting Upamecano would be fantastic. But let’s see if Leipzig accept a price below the release clause.. There has been talk that they would like Smith-Rowe in return, permanently or on loan. Let’s hope it would be on loan because he is one of our best talents and could be a starter as an attacking midfielder for us in one or 2 years.

Some speculation that if we get a CB on a permanent transfer getting Tierney could be delayed until January perhaps. Not ideal as there could be more competition for him. Just speculation for now but it is strange we haven’t closed the deal for him as the price is known, £25m, and is not excessively expensive for a good young player like him

Dont see dybala happening, issue at man u was his agent or someone connected own his image rights and wanted something crazy for it

Not sure I see levy spending when woodward wouldt

Funny that the issue with lo celso and dybala are opposed, one we are good with the club fee, other is the agents stuff and wages

I think lo celso happens, and dybala is dependent on eriksen

Sounds like eriksen pouted a bit after madrid didnt want him, could see hi, at united now as poch has always said he wants no one there who isnt happy.

A spurs itk with good history says medical is booked tomorrow for bruno Fernandes , but I doubt that

My guess right now is

Sessegnon and lo celso in

If eriksen goes to United, it would be another attacking mid, likely dybala as that money from eriksen woild go for dybala, or maybe BF

Dont see coutinho, would love it, but dont see it

Would be big if you manage to get Dybala. But I wonder, if Man Utd didn't want to give him the money he wanted, how Spurs will do it. But perhaps Dybala really didn't fancy Man Utd and went for the moon asking way too much money. And selling Eriksen would bring good money.

As for Bruno Fernandes, @krisvoakes said yesterday that the rumors of Man Utd's interest in Fernandes has been exaggerated by his agent through Portuguese media. Almost every year they link a Portuguese player to Arsenal saying a deal is close to being completed, and everytime we don't sign the player in question. Looks like Fernandes' agent has done the same here hoping to create interest

Perhaps Tottenham's interest in Fernandes is more concrete but I have not followed this case closely.

Gareth Bale left out of the Madrid squad playing a friendly on Wednesday.

And no rumor lately of a return to the PL before the transfer windows ends.

AS mentioned a possible loan deal to Bayern Munich. Just a rumor. But perhaps if Bayern can't get Leroy Sane they would take Bale. Not sure where else he could go at this point. PSG if Neymar ends up leaving maybe

Looks like Eriksen doesn't want Man Utd.

From Simon Stone twitter @sistoney67 (BBC):

Man Utd have called a halt to talks over potential transfer of Christian Eriksen because they think if he does leave Spurs, he would prefer move to Spain. Utd still in talks with other targets, although so close to deadline, chances of getting any deals done is not high.

#thfc Spurs were demanding £80m from United for Eriksen, plus he is not motivated by money & wants a lifestyle change. So no great surprise if they have ended interest

Given Eriksen's desire for Spain, Spurs want a creative forward before the deadline. Understand they are working on Dybala but deal very difficult. Coutinho has been offered but unlikely to happen. GLC still a possibility, Fernandes less so. Things moving a mile a minute, though.

It’s being reported that Tottenham have agreed to personal terms with Dybala... but the image rights which would cost an additional 13 million pounds is the hold up (as reed pointed out). Would be shocking if Tottenham got GLC, Sess and Dybala. Every criticism I’ve ever had of Levy would be a wash. It seems like Dybala is extremely unlikely though

Tierney to Arsenal is a good get. I'm seeing David Luiz wants to force a move there too, not sure that would be great though.

Real offering Modric + 110M pounds for Neymar. I don't know if I'm PSG that I turn that down. Neymar doesn't want to be there and while he is an irreplaceable talent, they still have Cavani who should be decent enough and M'Bappe - and this would give them tons of money to go out and scoop up a Dybala let's say.
Midfield would be crowded, but they lost Rabiot and I didn't even realize that LoCelso was a PSG player until this year.
Honestly PSG is fucking loaded, may as well ship out the malcontent and then just reload.

I think he goes but prolly not tomorrow

Rest of big leagues still open a few weeks

If not Man Utd, my next guess would be Madrid, either Real or Atletico. He will have to want the move so let’s see, if nothing appeals to him he can stay at Tottenham as well

Tierney to Arsenal is a good get. I'm seeing David Luiz wants to force a move there too, not sure that would be great though.

Finally for Tierney! I was worried we wouldn’t get him this summer.

David Luiz to Arsenal really came out of nowhere. Not the ideal CB signing but perhaps no more money to get Upamecano. I was surprised looking at Luiz’ stats last seasons, he played almost everytime including 36 games in the PL and Chelsea conceded 12 goals less than Arsenal. Good experience and leadership while we are lacking them in central defense and midfield. And looks to be a deal between 5 and £10m. If we can get rid of Mustafi in August that would be great.

Also Everton had a £30m bid for Iwobi rejected. If they can’t get Zaha and come back for Iwobi with £40m Arsenal may sell. Good player but gets very few goals and assists every season and some promising young wingers are finally here so might as well play them.

Very good transfer window for Tottenham and Arsenal

PL teams can still sell players until 2nd of September in Germany Spain Italy France and most of Europe

PSG interested in Donnarumma...AC Milan want 60 million for him

PSG confirms they are in advanced talks with Real Madrid

Perisic going to Bayern Munich on a loan deal

Skrtel is off too Atalanta

[QUOTE="~Utah, post:
PSG confirms they are in advanced talks with Real
[/QUOTE]

Yeah looks like Real Madrid is in pole position. But Barca might try as well, though in their place I would wait one or 2 years and get Mbappe instead to replace Suarez.

Real would be intriguing because Zidane was against Neymar initially, but Florentino Perez is a big fan he might have talked Zidane into this. Also PSG have a MUCH better relationship with Real Madrid/Perez than with Barca.
Some Real Madrid players who could be available for PSG: Bale, Isco, James Rodriguez, Keylor Navas

It is the first time Leonardo said he was in concrete discussions to sell Neymar. It could go quickly now, Neymar won't play for now in Ligue 1 to avoid an injury like Leroy Sane, while he could have played tomorrow so it looks like PSG has really decided to sell

I think that is Barca play

Seems most of these young players who go to psg realize after a year or two that their ego misses being in the spotlight and also playing the best competition in league games, instead of just getting the hype during 4 or 5 cl weeks a year

So when mbappe pushes to leave the summer after next or sometime around it, barca pounce

Ligue One needs to somehow start subsidizing teams other then PSG...could be a great league but teams sell as soon as they have any success. Or get a couple of filthy rich owners in.

in the last 3 years Monaco, Lyon and Lille have all had fire sales as soon as they have any success. A lot of these players have gone on to be key figures in other leagues. There needs to be 2 or 3 good teams in that league.

Personally I don't think Neymar is worth whatever money PSG is trying to sell him for. He's constantly injured. He's got this whole dad running the show campaign. And whenever he is on the field, he has talent but hes the worst kind of flopper.

Rumor is that some people at Barca think that Dembele is just as good as Neymar. Why not?

Personally I don't think Neymar is worth whatever money PSG is trying to sell him for. He's constantly injured. He's got this whole dad running the show campaign. And whenever he is on the field, he has talent but hes the worst kind of flopper.

But now it might be a good time to "buy low" after Neymar's injuries and off field suspect behavior, with Real Madrid perhaps the only team really going after him.

Initially a few weeks ago it was rumored that PSG wanted €300m for Neymar in case he was going to be sold this summer. Now these last few days I have read in french papers that the Qatar guys would be ok selling at around €200m or close to what they bought him (222).

But even if Real Madrid get him I don't know if they can pay all in cash after their spending spree already. But it seems Florentino Perez is directly involved in the negotiations, while Barca only got involved with intermediaries before. Not sure now if Barca really want him or if it's PSG trying to increase Neymar's price with a supposed Barca interest.

But Neymar at Real with Zidane who wanted Pogba and not Neymar would be fun so I hope he moves there

Isnt there a way around the cash? Like how psg bought mbappe

Loan this year, with legal obligation to buy next summer

Also utah has it completely right on ligue 1, if they want to jump up a level they need at least 2 maybe 3 more teams to spend, not at psg level, but not at dismantle the team

Like Italy is doing last few years, and I'd say it's close to england and spain again, clear 3rd ahead of germany

Also utah has it completely right on ligue 1, if they want to jump up a level they need at least 2 maybe 3 more teams to spend, not at psg level, but not at dismantle the team

Oh yeah he is correct but for now there is no sign it will change.

Lyon could have a good team this season, but Aulas kept Dembele this summer and said he didn't want to sell now, he would prefer the player to improve this season and get better, increase his value, help the team qualify for CL. And then sell possibly in a year when the player's value is maximised.

Same with other teams they prefer to cash in on their players while they can. I think it is even more the case now with almost no chance at the title. I think that could change in 2-3 years when/if Cavani Neymar Mbappe leave. If all 3 are gone and PSG can't replace with top players the title will be in play again and other teams below may keep more of their good players longer.

But Qatar will have money to reinvest after the Neymar's sale. Already talk that PSG are after Dybala. Not quite same level but good enough to stay 1st in the french league

Last edited:

Yes there has been talk that PSG would be willing to let Real Madrid buy Neymar this way. So yeah it could be a cash only deal as well it's true.

And Madrid will receive some more money from a likely James Rodriguez' sale (Atletico, Napoli) this summer.

I just hope Barca don't get Neymar because I support them in Spain and I don't like Neymar at all. After the way he left I would be surprised if they try everything to get him back. And also I think they still haven't paid the loyalty bonus Neymar was supposed to receive before he left lol. Seems like it would be a complicated reunion and they have already improved a lot with Griezmann and De Jong.

But RMC today says Barca going for Neymar, not sure if they are seriously in for him or if it's PSG trying to create some kind of bidding war

Yes there has been talk that PSG would be willing to let Real Madrid buy Neymar this way. So yeah it could be a cash only deal as well it's true.

And Madrid will receive some more money from a likely James Rodriguez' sale (Atletico, Napoli) this summer.

I just hope Barca don't get Neymar because I support them in Spain and I don't like Neymar at all. After the way he left I would be surprised if they try everything to get him back. And also I think they still haven't paid the loyalty bonus Neymar was supposed to receive before he left lol. Seems like it would be a complicated reunion and they have already improved a lot with Griezmann and De Jong.

But RMC today says Barca going for Neymar, not sure if they are seriously in for him or if it's PSG trying to create some kind of bidding war

Ya I dont think anyone outside brazil fans, who will make excuses for everything, really like him

I wouldnt wanna have to cheer for him

He just has the shitty attitude, hes soft as charmin, the stuff with his dad

Like Italy is doing last few years, and I'd say it's close to england and spain again, clear 3rd ahead of germany

Competitively I’d say Italy is way ahead of Spain. You’ve got 6 good teams and I could see Fiorentina getting in the mix with a new American owner (know nothing about him though). Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Lazio, Roma and Napoli. Atalanta too actually.

Ya I dont think anyone outside brazil fans, who will make excuses for everything, really like him

I wouldnt wanna have to cheer for him

He just has the shitty attitude, hes soft as charmin, the stuff with his dad

And now PSG fans are fed up with him. Insulting chants towards him by psg fans, insults on banners in the stands.

Never say never but it’s hard seeing Neymar staying at this point.

Inaki Williams signed a 9 year deal with Atletico Bilbao

Coutinho is close to a loan deal that sends him to Bayern

Inaki Williams signed a 9 year deal with Atletico Bilbao

Coutinho is close to a loan deal that sends him to Bayern

I had to go check if the 9 year contract was a typo!!! It is not! Crazy. These guys in the Basque Country really do things differently.

Not sure about this Coutinho to Bayern rumor. Bayern are close to signing Perisic. A few days ago we were told Coutinho would sign in the PL for sure, Spurs or Arsenal. Now Bayern. I don’t buy these Coutinho rumors anymore. I think Barca keep him to see if PSG would like him + cash for Neymar.

Rumors that tomorrow Barca and PSG are meeting for the 1st time regarding Neymar. And on Thursday-Friday there is a meeting of all the big clubs so probably more talks for PSG with Madrid and Barca

Also Leonardo has been tasked by the Qatari guys to get the best possible deal for Neymar. Either sell for the price they want, or keep Neymar.

Rumor is that they want at least €222m, what they paid for him.

Last edited:
Juventus might have approached Eriksen about joining them on a free transfer next year.

Why not, getting midfielders on free transfers is what they do!

Competitively I’d say Italy is way ahead of Spain. You’ve got 6 good teams and I could see Fiorentina getting in the mix with a new American owner (know nothing about him though). Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Lazio, Roma and Napoli. Atalanta too actually.

Ya if you look at it that way I'd agree

Spains top 3 is better tho imo

Tottenham are trying to get Eriksen a new contract and he’s willing to listen

They will sell him if he doesn’t agree

Tottenham are trying to get Eriksen a new contract and he’s willing to listen

They will sell him if he doesn’t agree

Easier said than done though, need to find a club Eriksen is willing to go and agree a contract, with said club willing to give Spurs £50m.

Also a lot of top clubs are almost done with incomings like Juventus and want to sell their deadwood now. And instead of paying £50m now to get him, clubs could tell Eriksen to wait a few months and sign a pre contract in January.

Like Juve did with Ramsey. Or Emre Can. Rabiot they got him free as well but it was only agreed a few weeks ago it seems.

And I have read on a Spurs forum a rumor saying that Eriksen's wife/partner wanted to leave England to raise their kid(s). Could explain why he wasn't interested in Man Utd and the big contract he could have gotten over there

Easier said than done though, need to find a club Eriksen is willing to go and agree a contract, with said club willing to give Spurs £50m.

Also a lot of top clubs are almost done with incomings like Juventus and want to sell their deadwood now. And instead of paying £50m now to get him, clubs could tell Eriksen to wait a few months and sign a pre contract in January.

Like Juve did with Ramsey. Or Emre Can. Rabiot they got him free as well but it was only agreed a few weeks ago it seems.

And I have read on a Spurs forum a rumor saying that Eriksen's wife/partner wanted to leave England to raise their kid(s). Could explain why he wasn't interested in Man Utd and the big contract he could have gotten over there

Yeah he has said he would rather live in Europe then England. Money not his biggest factor

Yeah he has said he would rather live in Europe then England. Money not his biggest factor

If that’s indeed the case he might be willing to leave now so Tottenham get a good fee instead of doing a Ramsey and leave for free next year. Because if he signs a new contract at Tottenham, Levy may not let him leave easily unless they agree for a reasonable release clause.

But as for top teams in Spain/Italy he could sign for this month I’m not quite sure. It might be decided end of August

Looks like Zidane is still obsessed with Pogba and wants only him to reinforce his midfield. There has been talk with Ajax for van de Beek and a fee almost agreed but that’s more a Perez wish let’s see how this will go in Madrid between Perez and Zidane.

And Barca is indeed trying for Neymar... Barca offer Coutinho and Coutinho might be keen to go to PSG. If not Paris he could go to Bayern

If that’s indeed the case he might be willing to leave now so Tottenham get a good fee instead of doing a Ramsey and leave for free next year. Because if he signs a new contract at Tottenham, Levy may not let him leave easily unless they agree for a reasonable release clause.

But as for top teams in Spain/Italy he could sign for this month I’m not quite sure. It might be decided end of August

I think at this point id be ok with letting him stay and losing him on a free if we think he makes the difference. Based on just one game this year, he can make a huge difference.

If someone can get him for 50 million I feel like thats a huge bargain.

Back