• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Summer 2019 Transfer News, Myths and Rumors

There was a rumored interest from PSG for Auba but now that Cavani should stay I don’t know. China perhaps. Most likely he is staying but that could have been a way to raise funds for Zaha

Interesting, hadnt heard the malcom thing but that fits

Zaha at 80m is laughable, I dont think 40m was enough but something around 60m even in this market makes sense

If I were them, I'd think you sell auba this summer, his value is only gonna go down and those funds could be used in buying some much needed upgrades

Malcom is a brand new rumor but apparently it’s reliable. So not sure if we will go all out to get Zaha or go for Malcom. Barca wants to get rid and want £40m so it would be doable paying in instalments.

Zaha has 4 years left on his contract so Palace can just keep him one or 2 more years and still sell him for a big fee. They want that much because they will have to give 25% of the fee to Man Utd up to £15m.. Personally I would love him.

It's a weird situation, eriksen said he basically would only leave for madrid, and madrid like him but as you say can really only afford one more buy and like pogba more, and that's not gonna happen until the end of the window if at all

Eriksen also said if the move didn't happen he would sign a new deal. So I dont expect him to bosman

So I see 2 scenarios, spurs drop the a bit and real madrid smooth along the ceballos deal. So its something like 30-50m plus ceballos

Or he signs a new deal sometime in august, with a promise that if Madrid come calling next summer they wont stand in his way, like what Bale did before he left

Interesting I didn’t know Eriksen said he would only go to Madrid. What if Madrid get Pogba and Man Utd offer a good fee to Levy for Eriksen? Both could be persuaded to agree I would think, Levy get a good sum and Eriksen a much better salary.

I also would have thought Alderweireld would be on the move with his 25m release clause this summer. Not sure until when it can still be triggered

More on Griezmann

There has been an agreement for months between player and Barca. Clause should be paid in a few days. Barca wanted to negotiate with Atletico to pay the price in instalments because they don't have the cash needed on hand. Atletico said fuck you we want to price of the clause now. So Barca will borrow money to banks to pay it soon.

On Neymar

Rumours that Tuchel is fine about letting him go. PSG might have offered him to Madrid recently but Real don't want him anymore. So no bidding war for now. Looks like only Barca want him now but not sure if they could pay 100m+ euros if they have to borrow money for Griezmann. But PSG could agree to multiple payments probably. Still early we will see.

On Mbappe

My guess is Real Madrid will go for him next year. This summer seems impossible. But Mbappe wants Madrid next, Madrid want him, star players get their wish eventually.

Interesting I didn’t know Eriksen said he would only go to Madrid. What if Madrid get Pogba and Man Utd offer a good fee to Levy for Eriksen? Both could be persuaded to agree I would think, Levy get a good sum and Eriksen a much better salary.

I also would have thought Alderweireld would be on the move with his 25m release clause this summer. Not sure until when it can still be triggered

Dont think so, he wouldnt want no CL, his specific words were only for a step up abroad

So madrid, barca ( which ended any chance when they got frenkie), bayern, and maybe juve? But their midfield so stacked

Dont think he would take the step down from poch to ole to be honest, if he did though, only way I see spurs agreeing is if martial comes in a swap. Levy has said at multiple supporters trust meetings, after berba that they wouldnt anymore sell a player to direct rivals that they wanted to keep. It's why modric waited a year, he wasnt ever going to chelsea.

More on Griezmann

There has been an agreement for months between player and Barca. Clause should be paid in a few days. Barca wanted to negotiate with Atletico to pay the price in instalments because they don't have the cash needed on hand. Atletico said fuck you we want to price of the clause now. So Barca will borrow money to banks to pay it soon.

On Neymar

Rumours that Tuchel is fine about letting him go. PSG might have offered him to Madrid recently but Real don't want him anymore. So no bidding war for now. Looks like only Barca want him now but not sure if they could pay 100m+ euros if they have to borrow money for Griezmann. But PSG could agree to multiple payments probably. Still early we will see.

On Mbappe

My guess is Real Madrid will go for him next year. This summer seems impossible. But Mbappe wants Madrid next, Madrid want him, star players get their wish eventually.

heard this on a podcast earlier and I agree..whats the point of Neymar to Barcelona? They've got a ton of talent up front. Even if they send back Coutinho or Dembele to PSG...you've got too much with Greizmann, Messi, Saurez

Inter have made a 70 euro bid for Lukaku

Bale only wants to go to another contender in Europe...not China...if he has to go

City have raised their offer to 50 million euros for Cancelo

De Rossi has decided to retire

Inter rejected an offer for Naingolan

Fenerbahce says that will not bring in Ozil on loan

Arsenal diverting attention to possibly signing Malcolm instead of Zaha

heard this on a podcast earlier and I agree..whats the point of Neymar to Barcelona? They've got a ton of talent up front. Even if they send back Coutinho or Dembele to PSG...you've got too much with Greizmann, Messi, Saurez

Rumor is it’s Messi who really wants him back. Barca try to please Messi as much as possible. But I agree that’s a lot of star players together not sure how they would work together.

And I think he will stay in Paris, for this transfer to work there would need big hurdles to jump successfully:

- PSG agreeing a swap because Barca most likely won’t be able to pay in cash everything
- Neymar agreeing to lower his salary
- Dembele or Coutinho or whoever else agreeing to go to Paris and agreeing a new contract with PSG

Bale only wants to go to another contender in Europe...not China...if he has to go

Fenerbahce says that will not bring in Ozil on loan

Arsenal diverting attention to possibly signing Malcolm instead of Zaha

Bale and Özil same struggle, no one wants to pay a big fee to get them and their huge salaries. Gazidis really fucked us before leaving with that Özil contract. Zidane really hates Bale I guess Real will try to loan him if they can’t sell him this summer. Zidane somewhat ungrateful if you ask me he wouldn’t have 3 CL without Bale scoring huge goals. But he wants his own team so let’s see what he will achieve this time.

The latest rumor is Arsenal will try again for Zaha, this time offering money + Chambers + El Neny + Jenkinson ! Not sure how much money, but for months it’s been rumored Zaha was the number one target winger so would make sense to try again. But 3 players included seem super complicated. Wait and see.

Rumor is it’s Messi who really wants him back. Barca try to please Messi as much as possible. But I agree that’s a lot of star players together not sure how they would work together.

And I think he will stay in Paris, for this transfer to work there would need big hurdles to jump successfully:

- PSG agreeing a swap because Barca most likely won’t be able to pay in cash everything
- Neymar agreeing to lower his salary
- Dembele or Coutinho or whoever else agreeing to go to Paris and agreeing a new contract with PSG

Yep to messi, I've seen that from a few people

I also think suarez gets phased out soon anyway so its cover there, plus they can definitely fit them all in a formation

Messi or griezz can play behind the striker or as an attacking mid

Bale and Özil same struggle, no one wants to pay a big fee to get them and their huge salaries. Gazidis really fucked us before leaving with that Özil contract. Zidane really hates Bale I guess Real will try to loan him if they can’t sell him this summer. Zidane somewhat ungrateful if you ask me he wouldn’t have 3 CL without Bale scoring huge goals. But he wants his own team so let’s see what he will achieve this time.

The latest rumor is Arsenal will try again for Zaha, this time offering money + Chambers + El Neny + Jenkinson ! Not sure how much money, but for months it’s been rumored Zaha was the number one target winger so would make sense to try again. But 3 players included seem super complicated. Wait and see.

Theyve wanted jenkinson for awhile

Not sure why elneny wojld accept that

Bale and madrid is gonna be messy imo, hes already said hes got no problem training every day and golfing in spain, so hes only going if its somewhere he wants

I think madrid are just gonna have to eat that contract on a loan deal if they want to get rid, but I dont get it, like you said hes won them 3 finals, and his return is very good for a team where everything goes around cr7

But at the very least, why not keep him as a squad player, I still dont think they have a better option to start, but even if zizou wont, best sub option off the bench

Dont think so, he wouldnt want no CL, his specific words were only for a step up abroad

So madrid, barca ( which ended any chance when they got frenkie), bayern, and maybe juve? But their midfield so stacked

Dont think he would take the step down from poch to ole to be honest, if he did though, only way I see spurs agreeing is if martial comes in a swap. Levy has said at multiple supporters trust meetings, after berba that they wouldnt anymore sell a player to direct rivals that they wanted to keep. It's why modric waited a year, he wasnt ever going to chelsea.

I’m really curious what happens with Eriksen. As you say Real Madrid or Bayern could make sense as a step up abroad. But not sure both will try to get him and even want him. Not easy situation for him here.

I’ve just read he is only the 10th highest earner at Spurs with « only » £70-80k a week. His best move might be to play great and change club next year on a free and make bank like Ramsey just did.

Or if his dream move to Madrid doesn’t materialize, get a transfer to Man Utd and double/triple his salary.

Or renew at Tottenham but if he really wanted to stay he would have renewed months ago

I’m really curious what happens with Eriksen. As you say Real Madrid or Bayern could make sense as a step up abroad. But not sure both will try to get him and even want him. Not easy situation for him here.

I’ve just read he is only the 10th highest earner at Spurs with « only » £70-80k a week. His best move might be to play great and change club next year on a free and make bank like Ramsey just did.

Or if his dream move to Madrid doesn’t materialize, get a transfer to Man Utd and double/triple his salary.

Or renew at Tottenham but if he really wanted to stay he would have renewed months ago

He has said he will renew if the 'dream move' didnt materialize, so it's not like that

So I think it's more him waiting to see if there's a chance, the offer to him would treble his salary too

Theyve wanted jenkinson for awhile

Not sure why elneny wojld accept that

Bale and madrid is gonna be messy imo, hes already said hes got no problem training every day and golfing in spain, so hes only going if its somewhere he wants

I think madrid are just gonna have to eat that contract on a loan deal if they want to get rid, but I dont get it, like you said hes won them 3 finals, and his return is very good for a team where everything goes around cr7

But at the very least, why not keep him as a squad player, I still dont think they have a better option to start, but even if zizou wont, best sub option off the bench

Chambers was inches from joining Palace 2 years ago so they might still be interested. Best player at Fulham last season he could be worth 20m. Jenkinson not expensive but good squad guy. El Neny almost joined Leicester last year but in the end preferred staying as a substitute. If he wants to play more he will have to move, but he’s been ok as a sub.

Yeah Bale could still be useful at Madrid but I think Zidane REALLY doesn’t like him at all. Might have more to do with outside the pitch as Bale has made no effort to learn spanish, is not a leader at all in the dressing room. Often injured too. Last game of the season at Bernabeu Zidane left him on the bench and didn’t even played him a little to give him a farewell. Disrespectful from Zidane in my opinion. So I hope Bale doesn’t back down and takes all the money he is due from Madrid. But in the end I could see Man Utd taking him on loan

He has said he will renew if the 'dream move' didnt materialize, so it's not like that

So I think it's more him waiting to see if there's a chance, the offer to him would treble his salary too

Could be you know more than me about the Eriksen situation I have only read the latest articles. But doing so he has already left money off the table if he ends up renewing. If he really wants to join a top club abroad like Barca Real Juve Bayern his best bet may be to move free next year in that case a few of these will most likely be interested just like Ramsey and Rabiot this summer.

And in other Spurs news, AS Roma may be interested in Alderweireld to replace Manolas

PSG has reportedly offered 3 of these 4 players...Semedo, Umtitti, Coutinho or Dembele for Neymar. I take that all day if im PSG

Barcelona will activate Greizmann's release clause tomorrow

Arsenal is interested in Dani Alves

Kosceilny has asked Arsenal for a termination of his contract...theyve refused

Interesting Neymar development! Source of this news seems legit. Yeah if I’m PSG I take it as well. Would need the 3 Barca guys to agree to the transfer, a swap like this is unheard of I think.
Neymar interview tomorrow with a Brazilian tv we should know more.

I didn’t see the Dani Alves news but even at his age I would take him he still plays great. But I would think he will favor a move to a CL club.

Of all the guys at Arsenal, Koscielny was the last guy I expected to backstab us. Almost have to sell now, but personally I hope we set a price and if it isn’t met by any club we keep him for his last contract year, strip him of the armband of course. Can’t let players force move and selling them on the cheap or others will do the same in the future.

Alves was still so good at copa, def worth it on a free

I'm kinda shocked at Kos too, he seemed like the one leader who had been there awhile

So which of the 3 should psg take? I know they need a RB upgrade most, but I gotta think dembele, umtiti, coutinho just from a value perspective

So which of the 3 should psg take? I know they need a RB upgrade most, but I gotta think dembele, umtiti, coutinho just from a value perspective

Yeah it seems it would be the best value. But Umtiti has dodgy knees I have read he has had pain after every match he played last season. And Barca may be ready to sell him this summer at €40-50m due to the knee doubts if they find a taker.

That Neymar interview should be big, either he apologizes to the PSG fans and vows to come back stronger or he says he had a good time in Paris but would like to leave. Can’t imagine he doesn’t address the situation. Interview in the morning Brazil time

I wouldn’t take coutinho AND dembele

One or the other for me - that being said both have shown signs of being just as big of dicks as Neymar. Coutinho less so though

Alves was still so good at copa, def worth it on a free

I'm kinda shocked at Kos too, he seemed like the one leader who had been there awhile

No Bellerin and Holding in August they won’t be ready, so as it stands our defense to start season is worrying. Ideally we would have kept Kos and get rid of Mustafi. Now looks like we will have to keep Mustafi.

So first game of the season it may be a Sokratis-Mustafi partnership.... or Chambers.

I wouldn’t take coutinho AND dembele

One or the other for me - that being said both have shown signs of being just as big of dicks as Neymar. Coutinho less so though

But you can resell one next summer tho, that's why, semedo has way less value in the transfer market than either of those 2

No Bellerin and Holding in August they won’t be ready, so as it stands our defense to start season is worrying. Ideally we would have kept Kos and get rid of Mustafi. Now looks like we will have to keep Mustafi.

So first game of the season it may be a Sokratis-Mustafi partnership.... or Chambers.

Wow that's wild, not a bad start with the geordies then Burnley, but liverpool and the NLD to finish the month before international break is a tough combo with that d

United reporters are saying lukaku wants to go to inter

I think that would be good for all really, hed dominate that league with his physicality imo, plus if its 70m united can reinvest

Just wonder if ole would be willing to run with rashford as the main striker

Surprised no one in the top 6 went for tielemans, spurs and man city make sense cause ndombele and Rodri

But for 35m, its come out he was basically waiting to see if united came in, and he would have definitely improved them even in just taking herrera's spit, let alone pogba

Wow that's wild, not a bad start with the geordies then Burnley, but liverpool and the NLD to finish the month before international break is a tough combo with that d

Ideally Emery would prefer playing 4 at the back, and in 12 months our defense could be young and talented with Tierney-Saliba-Holding-Bellerin.

But in 1 month as of now we may have to play 5 with Kolasinac-Monreal-Sokratis-Mustafi-MaitlandNiles. Tricky first month with that defense and I wouldnt like our chances vs Liverpool and Spurs at all...

Surprised no one in the top 6 went for tielemans, spurs and man city make sense cause ndombele and Rodri

But for 35m, its come out he was basically waiting to see if united came in, and he would have definitely improved them even in just taking herrera's spit, let alone pogba

Yeah I was surprised a bigger club didn't come for him. Man Utd could have used him. I've read he preferred signing for Leicester now instead of waiting for an hypothetical Man Utd bid later in the month

Now Spurs trying to hijack Saliba with a bigger offer to St Etienne. Saliba has already agreed a contract with Arsenal and deal was 99% done a few days ago but he might fancy going to Tottenham as well. Should be decided in next few days.

But whatever happens here we are seriously shit at closing deals, it's been a month that we are trying to sign Saliba and Tierney and here we are a month later neither has been signed.

Only incoming is Martinelli a promising 18 year old winger from Brazil but not sure he will be ready yet. 3-4 weeks until start of season and we basically have signed no one to improve us next season, lost Ramsey and haven't replaced him yet. It does not look good for Arsenal in the short term. Hope we give a chance to the talented kids at least

Neymar interview rescheduled for Monday morning. On second thoughts he might not say much about transfer speculations. As Leonardo said this week everyone knows he wants to go back to Barca but not sure an agreement is possible this summer after Barca have already spent big

He does manage to get his most famous players the move they want usually. Giving his players big salaries and a big commission for himself.

Pogba has been a good example. When Man Utd signed him they paid a lot to Juve, gave Pogba a big salary and a huge fee to Raiola. Now just 3 years later Pogba wants his dream move to Madrid and it's the perfect case for Raiola if his star players don't stay in the same team too long, more money for him.

De Ligt another good player for Raiola to have. He seemed he would be going to Barca, then PSG entered the race offering him a bigger salary, then Juve who most likely offered a bigger salary than Barca as well. And Raiola gets his cut every transfer, the bigger the client the bigger his cut. And seems like De Ligt will have a release clause, high but not impossible for huge clubs to pay, so another move in the near future looks possible. More money for Raiola.

And clubs are forced to deal with him given he works for some of the best players in the world

Fekir is close to going to Real Betis for 30 million euros

Delph is likely going to Everton for 10 million pounds

Manolas has gone to Napoli for 35 million euros

Arsenal interested in Ruben Dias

Lukaku likely wont be leaving Man U

Coutinho willing to go to Liverpool on loan

Delph official to Everton

Juventus paying 70 million euros for De Ligt

Neymar has officially told PSG he wants to leave

Flamengo interested in Diego Costa

Arsenal will match Tottenhams offer for Saliba

Not quite sure why Barca would let Coutinho go on loan. If they get Neymar this summer they would need cash now. But perhaps even without Neymar they don't want Coutinho anymore.
Coutinho's agent said Barca offered him to PSG without letting them know to get Neymar in exchange, and PSG said they were willing to sell at the right price. Unclear what this price is for now.

The offer for Saliba has been matched, now looks like it will be a player decision. Some sources saying he had agreed to join Arsenal and still prefers Arsenal now, but this deal has been so long to get done let's just wait and see. St Etienne may want to get even more money and a bidding war but that's already a lot for a young guy staying on loan a season...

Spanish sources say Ceballos may sign on loan soon for Arsenal. Not sure how reliable, but even without an option to buy I would take him. Real will be stacked in midfield again in a year so the club who get him might have the opportunity to keep him next year just like Chelsea with Kovacic

Haller to West Ham for 45M pounds - good deal for Hammers, imho. Guy is a dynamic striker. Frankfurt pretty much decimated this offseason as expected and wouldn't surprise me to see Rebic leave here soon too. That team was great fun to watch last year
Trippier to Atletico Madrid seems a done deal. Was never really a fan of him any way.
This Neymar saga really makes me laugh. Seems every year something like this happens. WTF Neymar gonna do? I don't really think Barca need him either.

United, blech. This team destined to finish 5-6th again this year and is biggest drama queens ever. Needed to make some big moves, and they get themselves James and Wan Bisaka. Meh. James is a nice player but in no way do I see him a difference maker. I see Januzaj v2.0 here. And Wan Biska filled a need, but they massively overpaid on him.
Now, DeGea wants a raise and evidently 350K/week not nearly enough. Pogba wants out and no one wants to pay any of the fees for the likes of Pogba and Lukaku. United's wage bill will be unbelievable, especially for a team that isn't even going to qualify for Champions League play again. Only July 16th and I'm already in full despair mode. Oh, Maguire may very well end up at United if they are willing to pay like 100M euros. oyyyyyyyyyy

The offer for Saliba has been matched, now looks like it will be a player decision. Some sources saying he had agreed to join Arsenal and still prefers Arsenal now, but this deal has been so long to get done let's just wait and see. St Etienne may want to get even more money and a bidding war but that's already a lot for a young guy staying on loan a season...

I think it makes more sense for him at arsenal

Atleti about to sign trippier for 20m

Hope he does well, it's a slower pace league than PL, which is his real weakness. Think napoli would have been better, but I think he could surprise, hes a great crosser and good defending the final 3rd, but will get blitzed if he ever starts against vinicius or griezmann on the left

Yeah Trippier looks to be done soon. It seems Atletico tried to get Semedo from Barca when Griezmann left but Barca refused so going for another right back now.

Tuchel said today he was told by Neymar he wanted to leave PSG before the Copa America. PSG still decide if they want to keep or sell with players coming in exchange but the situation may become toxic if they keep him. Or Neymar stays professional if he stays but the locker room mood might not be fantastic. May be best for them to get rid of him and all the problems he brings, often injured. I think I would sell him, they still have Cavani and Mbappe and other great players

I think it makes more sense for him at arsenal

Yeah in his place I would go to the team I will be starting every week with how weak we are in central defense, that’s the most important for a young player. But Arsenal not as sexy as Tottenham right now so let’s see should be decided very soon

What about the Bale possibly going back to Spurs rumor? True?

I would imagine Real Madrid are trying their best to get rid of him and England looks the best bet with his insane wages and Bale refusing to learn other languages lol. And PL transfer window closing earlier so clock is ticking. I have always thought he would go to Man Utd after Madrid but after the Alexis fiasco they may not be eager to take another guy past his prime on huge wages

United, blech. This team destined to finish 5-6th again this year and is biggest drama queens ever. Needed to make some big moves, and they get themselves James and Wan Bisaka. Meh. James is a nice player but in no way do I see him a difference maker. I see Januzaj v2.0 here. And Wan Biska filled a need, but they massively overpaid on him.
Now, DeGea wants a raise and evidently 350K/week not nearly enough. Pogba wants out and no one wants to pay any of the fees for the likes of Pogba and Lukaku. United's wage bill will be unbelievable, especially for a team that isn't even going to qualify for Champions League play again. Only July 16th and I'm already in full despair mode. Oh, Maguire may very well end up at United if they are willing to pay like 100M euros. oyyyyyyyyyy

You’re not alone being in despair mode 3 weeks before PL starts =)

Looks like you could get Maguire but that’s an awful lot of money to pay. Other clubs taking advantage of all the money you can pay in transfers.
Like you say big overpayments to get James and Wan Bissaka over the line. Apparently they were quoted £50m to sign Longstaff by Newcastle...

Lukaku and Pogba possibly on their way out but how could you replace them adequately with 3 weeks left. At this point I think they will stay.

Alexis played injured in his last Copa match and I don’t know when he will be available again. I stumbled upon highlights of his best Arsenal days it looked like another player compared to what he has been with Man Utd. Looks like his pace is gone for good.

We will see but for now I think it could be more of the same for them next season just like Arsenal..

Back