• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Spanish team (Hiddink.... please read!!!)

emet15

:36_11_6:

Ill try to put up a serious analisis on these team...... and why I believe they will have a :whip: by Russia.....

Spain will have a tough time tomorrow.....

Unless Aragones makes a miracle with his squad.......

Hiddink has had allways a diferent formation, but holding kind of the same principals, and I believe these Russian team isnt the exception.......

Hiddink will surely stand with his Natural 3-5-2

.........................G............................

............D...........D..............D.............

.......M.........M...........M.............M.......

........................CAM..........................

...................ST.........ST.....................

That could turn either into a 4-4-2 or even a 5-3-2

Playing with 3 in the bottom is just so hard, and that really the key to Guus teams..... if they happen to master that 3 bottom line, and both of the Outside Midfielders have the phisical strength, stamina and intelligence to make the adjustments as the play progresses, its really hard to beat them.......

Personally I think that is the 2nd Best formation Soccer has to offer (1st is 3-4-2-1 and all its mutations, 3-2-2-2-1, 3-1-3-2-1, et all) playing as hiddink does is really nice, as the 2 wing midfielders, must be able to make runs of 60 meters to add themselves to the attack, and then return 80 to defend....... Its hard, but Can't you remember how Corea got to the sidelines near the opposite Area...............

And whenever they defend, they have the chance to defend with a 5 men back, whenever they need to totally neutralize the sidelines (way to beat Mexico, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic.........) Or can play a more "normal" 4-4-2 or even try to stop thee other team away from their net with the original 3-5-2, and recieve in return the chance to kill in a CA.......
these fromation really gives him the chance to do so much adjustmentes during the games........ Its simply amazing.....

I can keep on talking about these formation, as Lavolpe used it when he played with Mexico......And Ive seen it for over 4 years .............constantly.............

For the other hand......... Spain will play with one of those morfed formations that Ive never really liked at all and I really question theyre function, cause it leaves so much holes around the pitch........

Spain will most likely start something like this

......................Casillas..........................

Ramos.......Puyol..........Marchena.....Capdevila

.......................Senna................................

................Xavi...........Fabregas...................
Iniesta.........................................Silva........

........................Torres.................................

A strange 4-1-4-1

IMO not the way to face any Hiddink Team...............

I believe that for these formation to run effectively you need to manage the ball, the only thing there is that you dont have any ball management aside Xavi und Fabregas.....

I believe Hiddink would turn his team to a 4-4-2 to force Spain to Let either Ramos or Capdevilla to join frequently the attack.....

Defending with a momentarily 4-4-2 gives Russia the ability to force Silva and Iniesta to stay allways with 3 guy around them....... Torres Isolated from the game (unless he goes to the midfield to get some ball, and that would have been a Hiddink succes) and clumpsy Senna, a slow Xavi and a allways-below-level (in National team) Fabregas in the middle...... Facing a 4 man Front.....

Even a 5-3-2 will do the Job for russia, as long as they send Silva and Iniesta to the sidelines........where they can guard them 1on1 with the Defenders near to help in case of any dribbling.......

Sending Ramos who loves to go with the attack Gives Spain the chance to force Russia to leave Iniesta 1on1 but near the middle where he can do some damage.. but it also gives Russia the opportunity to exploit the sidelines, and thats what Hiddink needs.......

Both Iniesta and Silva wont come back to defend, That'll force Russia to attack only with 5 players........ but if they manage to take Ramos out of position, they'll exploit that sideline all day...........

Spain needs the ball to travel quickly to jump the midfield and avoid loosing the ball there, so if Russia establishes a Air defense, that denies the Spanish team from jumping the midfield, and forces them to play through the midfield, theyre going to have a tough long day.......

Cause if they manage to isolate Torres and force Iniesta and Silva to indirect 2 or 3-1 situations, Febregas roll as the Strikers go-to-guy will dissapear, and so will his play...........

And thats the scenario where Spanish team gets the control of the ball, cause if the Russians manage to get the ball..........:hang:

Ill be playing the Over for the 1st half here, as the Spanish team needs to make tha ball travell quickly, and force the attack.... Russia will exploit the weakened sidelines, and youll see a game with lots of posetions in the last quarter of the pitch (near each net)........

Russia I believe will have the best chances once they manage to isolate Iniesta and/or Silva................

Id likely check the squads before, cause if Hiddink changes and suddenly decides to get in there with a 4-3-3 or somethin like that, my whole analisis goes to the rubbish, same for aragones.....

haha imagine if hiddink read this message and did what you said

Then that f**ker would cover the spread and he would be our God.

=)

Yes, great post. I'd like to add that Russia are hit big time, with no Pogrebnyak and Arshavin they are missing the offense, and judging by their performances in the qualifiers, I really am far from impressed with this team. Barely held to a point with Croatia in Moscow, EARNED a draw in Zagreb (ok), beat England in Moscow on artificial grass, and lost there big time.

They even lost to Israel. Spain are known chokers, on another note, so I'm not counting on them to blow them out, but I would think twice before backing Russia here.

GL whatever you choose. :shake:

Yes, great post. I'd like to add that Russia are hit big time, with no Pogrebnyak and Arshavin they are missing the offense, and judging by their performances in the qualifiers, I really am far from impressed with this team. Barely held to a point with Croatia in Moscow, EARNED a draw in Zagreb (ok), beat England in Moscow on artificial grass, and lost there big time.

They even lost to Israel. Spain are known chokers, on another note, so I'm not counting on them to blow them out, but I would think twice before backing Russia here.

GL whatever you choose. :shake:

Agree with you there satyr. Saw both games against the Croats and somehow got both draws, as Croatia should have won both games comfortably. Spain has too much class all over the pitch, and if Torres is joined by Villa up front, they should be able to stretch the defence all over the palce creating holes for their midfelders to come through

Spain is actually playing their 4-1-4-1......

Russia started as you stated with the 4-3-2-1 or 4-5-1.........

The thing is that as two plays ago, you could see how Ramos crossed the half court, and its been twice allready, that the russian teams makes the switch to 3-6-1..... its kind of the same deal.......... I think the quick pitch helps Russia......

Well things didn't get to far from what i thought, cashed my both over plays, but I got really spicy cause I wanted Russia to win............
I thought they could have done it, if torres hadn't found an open opportunity after a rebound..................

Back