• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

And another thing, what we should have seen coming is the failed development of this team. The USMNT is great U17, but once they hit that U23 level they all of a sudden suck. We like to ignore the Olympics and that's fine but the fact that we've missed 2 straight Olympics is very telling.

Fuck. This sucks.

It is a solution...the MLS is not a good league. As long as most of our players are not in a good league we will not be a good team and we will struggle against the rest of CONCACAF who is also in the not good league. The only path for success for the MLS and USMNT is if the MLS understands that they will NEVER be a good league partially because of geography and history and they turn this into a feeder league for European leagues. The fact of the matter is that not only are the players not good enough, but a cause and effect is that the coaches are not good (for the most part).

It is a solution...the MLS is not a good league. As long as most of our players are not in a good league we will not be a good team and we will struggle against the rest of CONCACAF who is also in the not good league. The only path for success for the MLS and USMNT is if the MLS understands that they will NEVER be a good league partially because of geography and history and they turn this into a feeder league for European leagues. The fact of the matter is that not only are the players not good enough, but a cause and effect is that the coaches are not good (for the most part).

You dont give up on your domestic league you work on improving it and infusing its academies with more money and more resources . I'm all for a player going over seas , if it is the right situation ... we have got to get it out of our head that practicing and training wth a European team is better than actually playing for a MLS team... there are numerous examples of players getting big money to go over to Europe and floating around for a couple of years during their early 20s never playing essentially killing their careers ..YOU HAVE TO PLAY

I will agree that MLS has to become a selling league of their young players , but right now the incentive to sell your young talent isn't there for teams . That does have to change .

And another thing, what we should have seen coming is the failed development of this team. The USMNT is great U17, but once they hit that U23 level they all of a sudden suck. We like to ignore the Olympics and that's fine but the fact that we've missed 2 straight Olympics is very telling.

Fuck. This sucks.

2009-2013 the lost years , yeah that's a product of this failure

The U20s made the quarters in 15 and 17. The majority of those players coming from US based academies .

You dont give up on your domestic league you work on improving it and infusing its academies with more money and more resources . I'm all for a player going over seas , if it is the right situation ... we have got to get it out of our head that practicing and training wth a European team is better than actually playing for a MLS team... there are numerous examples of players getting big money to go over to Europe and floating around for a couple of years during their early 20s never playing essentially killing their careers ..YOU HAVE TO PLAY

I will agree that MLS has to become a selling league of their young players , but right now the incentive to sell your young talent isn't there for teams . That does have to change .
\

I could be wrong buy the Atlanta coach admitted a few weeks ago that the purpose was to build these players, to do well in the league, and to sell the players to Europe.

As for your first part I agree on infusing academies, but not making your domestic league better. Example 1: Belgium

\

I could be wrong buy the Atlanta coach admitted a few weeks ago that the purpose was to build these players, to do well in the league, and to sell the players to Europe.

As for your first part I agree on infusing academies, but not making your domestic league better. Example 1: Belgium

The Atlanta coach is right. Tata( who btw a lot of people are saying we should ask to coach the USMNt)

Instead of saying we need To be one of the top leagues by 2022 or something stupid like that the league has to first try to reach Liga MX level, with the goal of potentially becoming a feeder club to Europe"s bigger leagues like Portugal , Netherlands and to a smaller degree Belgium is . Which means you have to produce better academies with better coaches that produce quality professional players . The MLS has to improve the league to get there , or they are going to continue to be given such small offers for their best young players that it doesn't even make sense to sell them.

Also to a smaller degree but still a factor is the league is losing out on EPL money because of the English work permit restrictions .

Fuck. This sucks.

You remember , 2014 losing to Belgium and 2016 losing to Argentina we had these same discussions about what USA needs to do to Even be competitive against these better nations . Zero, zilch nothing happen that's why I'm not overly optimistic we will see any big changes ..

Yeah it sucks

Ranking of leagues based on total player value in transfer market. MLS doesn't look that bad when you look at that, but closer look says there really isn't a lot of great leagues

Second one is value per team

What about a relegation/promotion system? Can't work in the US? As I read it's been rejected by the MLS recently...

I think it's what makes the European leagues so interesting, more excitement, gives teams a bigger incentive to try and perform better etc

I've gone back and forth on it , but would like to see some form of it in place though I'm not convinced it thr magic formula to improve the league like many people are.

Reality is the majority of the owners are owners of professional sports in America most NFL guys so convincing them to spend money on players marketing stadiums academies but have the possibility they may have to move down a spot would be close to impossible .

Arena is still the coach, Gulati still federation president that tells You everything you need to know.

Any federation worth a shit both would have resigned by now

I've gone back and forth on it , but would like to see some form of it in place though I'm not convinced it thr magic formula to improve the league like many people are.

Reality is the majority of the owners are owners of professional sports in America most NFL guys so convincing them to spend money on players marketing stadiums academies but have the possibility they may have to move down a spot would be close to impossible .

I think it improves the general level of play. Here our swiss league is quite average/not good except for a few good teams, but the bad teams still have to work hard and perform until the end of the season. Only 1 team is relegated. And usually the half bottom table teams don't have much resources so they have to rely on plenty of young players to perform all year long. I think it helps them to improve to have this kind of pressure and the necessity to work until the end of the season, can't relax when you know you are safe and can't get into the playoffs.

But I understand the US want to do it the American way like other US sports

Ranking of leagues based on total player value in transfer market. MLS doesn't look that bad when you look at that, but closer look says there really isn't a lot of great leagues

Second one is value per team

looks like a clear top 4 and then france propped up by psg

no reason MLS could get in to the 6-10 range in a decade though

Arena resigns

This was obvious move, federation is holding a news conference today be interesting to see what they say.

I think a long extensive coaching search needs to be done , no rush in finding a guy. I just don't know if I trust the current leadership in federation to handle that

Gulati is everythring wrong with this federation . " I will not resign, not sure if I will run again in February". He then says he has reached out to people to gain support to run again citing WC 2026 bid. Fuck this guy

Gulati is everythring wrong with this federation . " I will not resign, not sure if I will run again in February". He then says he has reached out to people to gain support to run again citing WC 2026 bid. Fuck this guy

He has a position on a fifa committee or board till 2021 doesn't he?

Wonder if that effects it

Is 2026 locked up? I read he was a key guy in getting the fifa president elected so I am guessing he would bring some favorability to the bid

He has a position on a fifa committee or board till 2021 doesn't he?

Wonder if that effects it

Is 2026 locked up? I read he was a key guy in getting the fifa president elected so I am guessing he would bring some favorability to the bid

I don't know about FIFA committee.

I think the bid wraps up in March, so if we need him to stay on until then ok, but I don't think he deserves a chance to select another coach. His botch on JK and reluctance to let him go until 2 games into qualifying put us in the position where we really had no choice but to take someone like Arena. I obviously was on board with Arena , which in retrospect was another mistake

ESPN FC insider posted 2020 projected squad

2020usmnt.jpg

Goalkeeper: Ethan Horvath
Contenders: Brad Guzan, Jesse Gonzalez, Bill Hamid, Zack Steffen, Jonathan Klinsmann

Left back: Danilo Acosta
Contenders: Brandon Vincent, Kellyn Acosta

Center back: John Brooks
Center back: Matt Miazga
Contenders: Justen Glad, Erik Palmer-Brown, Omar Gonzalez, Cameron Carter-Vickers

Right back: DeAndre Yedlin
Contenders: Matthew Olosunde, Nick Lima

Defensive midfielder: Jonathan Gonzalez
Contenders: Tyler Adams, Cristian Roldan, Chris Durkin

Central midfielder: Weston McKennie
Contenders: Kellyn Acosta, Emerson Hyndman, Sebastian Lletget

Left winger: Haji Wright
Contenders: Jordan Morris, Darlington Nagbe, Andrew Carleton

Attacking midfielder: Christian Pulisic
Contenders: It doesn't matter.

Right winger: Paul Arriola
Contenders: Kelyn Rowe, Marky Delgado

Forward: Bobby Wood
Contenders: Jozy Altidore, Josh Sargent

He can play for France , though that's highly unlikely unless he becomes some boy wonder in the next couple of years

Hopefully he plays for the USA

He will , I know he scored a hat trick tonight and has a famous father and is under PSG but a lot of people who follow this have him as the 4-5th best prospect on the team..

Also I saw some pundit from England say that once you start taking a big interest in youth team success it's a sign your national team isn't very good at all, haha so true

Back