• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

SF Giants Home Games

JPicks

Hope all are well these days...

Read a great article in The Athletic yesterday about how the ball is carrying like crazy at Pac Bell/ATT, or whatever the hell they're calling that stadium in SF, these days. Evidently they slightly moved the fences in last year but more importantly they covered some open air archways in right field. For those not familiar with the stadium the archways allowed non paying fans a glimpse into the playing field from past right field and right center. Because of Covid they blocked them off so that people wouldn't form crowds there trying to watch the game.

The cold air used to blow in off the bay through these archways causing the stadium to play much larger than the dimensions. The first few night games played at the part have shown balls traveling MUCH farther than any previous years.

So I did a quick check of the box score last night and 6 home runs were hit in the game. I'm no statistician but I'm guessing 6 home runs haven't been hit in a game at night in that stadium since Bonds retired. I'm positive the Giants haven't hit 4 in a 4 game series the last few years.

Anyways...might be some money making opps the first couple of weeks playing the overs in SF.

Saw the Giants started a home stand tonight and was going to come and bump this. Happy to see after 10 years I may have finally brought some insight to this place. :)

2 homers through 3 innings for the Giants tonight. Only Cueto having his best string of pitching in years can kill this one.

JPicks!

good to see you brother! Anytime we can get more solid posts from all of us Ute alumni, I shed a tear of joy. Still remember our Sugar Bowl win over Saban like it was yesterday!

Hope all is well and Larry Scott can go suck a bag of dicks.

JPicks!

good to see you brother! Anytime we can get more solid posts from all of us Ute alumni, I shed a tear of joy. Still remember our Sugar Bowl win over Saban like it was yesterday!

Hope all is well and Larry Scott can go suck a bag of dicks.

Great to see you're still around scarf!. The question comes up from fellow Utah fans occasionally...best moment as a Utah fan. There have a been a few over the last 20 years but my slam dunk favorite is always...1st quarter in the Superdome. 80% of the crowd Bama fans, -10.5 point underdogs, 88% of the bets going to Bama....then boom Utah comes out 21-0. I mean I was pretty damn drunk when the game started after a long day on Bourbon Streeet....but looking out at the stadium with the Utah fans in a frenzy while the Bama fans were stunned was surreal. Just one of things in life that sports brings you.

Damn I miss the old days here. One day being a moderator. Another day flirting with getting banned. lol

Anybody know where Kyle went? Worry about him with this Covid shit ending most sports.

not sure if the overs are due to that AA bullpen SF is trotting out there or the park factors, but you have my attention

not sure if the overs are due to that AA bullpen SF is trotting out there or the park factors, but you have my attention

Prob little of both, as I was telling ya the other day it pretty clear the ball jumping off bats and carrying there like I’ve never seen before.

So 8-1 to the over with 8 straight going over now. Averaging a little over 14 runs a game during the 8 game stretch and 13.4 runs over the whole season.

Basically playing like Coors field with some help from the Giants pitching staff.

Today was super humid and I think that helped. Too bad the Giants are on the road in LAA tomorrow cause it's supposed to be another hot one tomorrow. Tuesday it looks like it gets back to normal weather.

Here's their schedule. Figure I'd put it here for easy access. After a couple away games, they're back in SF for 8. The black colored ones are the home games.

Giants Schedule.JPG

Today was super humid and I think that helped. Too bad the Giants are on the road in LAA tomorrow cause it's supposed to be another hot one tomorrow. Tuesday it looks like it gets back to normal weather.

humidity at SF usually indicates the marine layer is present, which prevents the ball from traveling in LA, SD, OAK and SF. The hot weather on the west coast has been known to lead to high run totals in past seasons, possibly due to unexpected pitcher fatigue but mainly the ball traveling further.

Normally, humidity is better for the ball traveling in the midwest and eastern US, but something different in Denver and west of there for some reason that a non-meteorologist like myself can not explain

I'm still not convinced this is anything but the AA team Kapler has, however 8 in a row is like 0.4% probability so i will continue to watch

Total tonight is 9. Supposed to be warm, around 93*F where I work. SF will be cooler as it usually is. Ride the streak?

There's also a haze blanketing the Bay Area with the fires we got going on. Making it a brown/golden type sky. Got off work this morning and soot was all over my car. Not sure if that info can be used in tonight's game.

Last edited:
The Giants also give up a ton of runs, 153 runs so far this year. Only one team has given up more, the Red Sox at 156. Part of this problem is what Gwarner alluded to with the AA bullpen.

Play all 8 games over during this home stretch for a set amount...better odds you will be up than you will be down

I’m sure I’ll pick and choose as I have been. Couldn’t say how many I’ve played but it been several, I wasn’t on the one that went under at least :)

I like San Fran 1st 5 in this one. Can’t decide if I’m gonna play over or wait and see if the starters can have a few good innings and bring it down? I doubt either pen fares well.

Lost a shit ton of money going against streaks in sports and mini Baccarat.......still learning and controlling myself to stay with the streak.....

worst case is u lose 1 following the streak and can win more than 1.......

Oh I agree, I just don’t like to jump in once they are getting up there. I been playing quite a few of these so in that case I don’t mind riding till the wheels fall off. It takes a really good situation and number for me to go against them. For most part I try to treat every game individually while capping it but there are times like these where ya just say fuck it!

Trying to decide when to pull trigger on live over, I like cueto to much to take the over before start. Ump just fucked him, didn’t give him corner now 2 on for trout, I might be to late.

Trying to decide when to pull trigger on live over, I like cueto to much to take the over before start. Ump just fucked him, didn’t give him corner now 2 on for trout, I might be to late.

I remembered his last start at home......the bullpen blew a big lead in 9th against Oak and lost back to back games......got the game over too.....

They got some work to do to hit tonight's over.

I expected cueto to be good (hence San Fran Ff). He at 93 pitches after 5, ya’ll should be good, if that was his last inning that be huge cause too of order up in 6th. Obviously it be nice for the big boys to get 2 abs vs giants pen!! Gotta think with that pen they send him back out for 6th but maybe 3rd time thru trout and co figure him out!

Could have used that run sitting out there on second all damn inning. Whatever. Let’s get cueto out of game!

Bases loaded one out bottom second gotta get one in. No score bottom 3rd got some work to do.

Back