• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

SEC Week 7 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
SCAR @ UGA

Miss St @ Tennessee

Alabama @ aTm

Vandy vs UNLV

Ole Miss @ Mizzou

Arky @ UK

Florida @ LSU

My PR lines:

UGA -24.5

Miss ST -5.5

Alabama -16.5

Mizzou -14.5

Kentucky -10

LSU -12.5

Will be in and out all week, hopefully get some good discussion and find some winners

That’s a real strong LSU line. To be quite honest didn’t think it would be that high.....
I know this. FLA better not with those kind of turnovers OTR

Stoops said Sawyer Smith (wrist & shoulder) is feeling significantly better after the bye week and anticipates him starting at QB for UK; WR Lynn Bowden took extended reps at QB1 last week and hasn't shied away from wanting a shot based on his social media posts. I'd expect Gran to mix in a few more direct snaps to Bowden on Saturday.

for Arkansas, Morris said in his weekly presser that Nick Starkel - who exited the A&M game early with an elbow injury - was working out full-speed and is ready to go for Saturday. Backup Ben Hicks looked impressive leading the Hogs back against A&M, but looking as though Starkel will be QB1.

Hicks looked like he played with confidence, is Starkel really performing better in the games? I know about the San Jose game, I just haven't seen either QB alot to say myself.

My gut says take the points. But if LSU gets out to a 14-17 point lead, what can Florida do to get back in it?

My gut says take the points. But if LSU gets out to a 14-17 point lead, what can Florida do to get back in it?
It’s a lotta points. But what you said is the fear.....
I know we don’t “cap” turnovers but that FLA/AUB game just sticks out to me....

Why does the Texas A&M O struggle this year?
I've watched them a few times. They dont have a o-line like years past. Even worse, their defense is way below average. I dont have the numbers in front of me, but I would venture to guess that teams are on, or above, their averages when facing this Aggie D.

That makes me laugh.....I mean no disrespect to UT fans on the board because Frank and VK are great.
I know the kids gotta say what he gotta say, but Jordan Hare is on some other shit

Hurts deserved to say what he said. It’s a cool rivalry but the stadium is split 50/50 at a neutral, correct?
This dude has stared down much much more hostility

Why does the Texas A&M O struggle this year?
A&M had 7 players drafted to the pros last year. Most of any year. 3 pieces that were very important. McCoy the center went to the saints. Sec rushing leader trayveon went to cincy. Tight end sternberger went to Green Bay. So coming in they knew those were gonna be issues plus weak O line. Position of strength assumed was second year in Jimbo system for mond and plenty of talent at WR. Now what happened since training camp? Lost RB1 Corbin for the rest of the year due to injury. Lost TE1 Baylor cupp for the season as well. So they start the year two pegs down from last season for RB and TE.

I stated in the preseason that I think this game is the most likely loss on Alabama's schedule, but after watching the games this season, I am starting to think Alabama wins this one going away. Mond has the tools to really stretch that defense, but his consistency hasn't been there. Maybe this is the week he puts it all together, but I'm betting it's not. Think Alabama team total overs are good bets, and likely the game over too as Alabama has shown to be really susceptible to scoring late.

Think Ole Miss may get the upset here with the Mizzou injury situation. Also like Vols to possibly get a W. Think LSU wins but Florida defense keeps it close and low scoring. Something like 24-17

I stated in the preseason that I think this game is the most likely loss on Alabama's schedule, but after watching the games this season, I am starting to think Alabama wins this one going away. Mond has the tools to really stretch that defense, but his consistency hasn't been there. Maybe this is the week he puts it all together, but I'm betting it's not. Think Alabama team total overs are good bets, and likely the game over too as Alabama has shown to be really susceptible to scoring late.
We are seeing things in sync. Agree with both your last 2 post.

Think Ole Miss may get the upset here with the Mizzou injury situation. Also like Vols to possibly get a W. Think LSU wins but Florida defense keeps it close and low scoring. Something like 24-17
I'd even throw Arky in there too. UK is reeling right now and Morris has found a groove. Somewhere around SJSU 2H things started to click. Would not be surprised with an outright in that game.

Hurts deserved to say what he said. It’s a cool rivalry but the stadium is split 50/50 at a neutral, correct?
This dude has stared down much much more hostility

He's played in more high leverage games than anyone else in this game. He didn't always play well, but I doubt very seriously he gets in this game and the moment is too big for him.

I'd even throw Arky in there too. UK is reeling right now and Morris has found a groove. Somewhere around SJSU 2H things started to click. Would not be surprised with an outright in that game.

Agree. I just looked at the bets I've placed so far, and the only favorites I'm on are the fades of UCONN and Akron

A&M had 7 players drafted to the pros last year. Most of any year. 3 pieces that were very important. McCoy the center went to the saints. Sec rushing leader trayveon went to cincy. Tight end sternberger went to Green Bay. So coming in they knew those were gonna be issues plus weak O line. Position of strength assumed was second year in Jimbo system for mond and plenty of talent at WR. Now what happened since training camp? Lost RB1 Corbin for the rest of the year due to injury. Lost TE1 Baylor cupp for the season as well. So they start the year two pegs down from last season for RB and TE.
Mond has no pocket presence. That pisses me more than how bad the Oline is performing.
Rollout or sprint out. Do something

Think the LSU game is a nut Under again like last week. How does Florida score here? And this is by far the best defense the LSU offense has seen. Neither team should be able to run.

Mizzou is beat up and has played absolutely no one. The lone good run team they played was Wyoming and they ran it down their throats. Ole Miss should win this one SU.

How far in advance does CBS get to pick the game of the week? Almost every week they've picked a dud except for last week.

Mond has no pocket presence. That pisses me more than how bad the Oline is performing.
Rollout or sprint out. Do something
Spot on. Is that the same thing as internal clock. Doesn’t throw receivers open. Always conceptualizes then throws. Not self assured. He would be terrible as a shooting guard in basketball as he does not have amnesia.

Back