• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

SEC Week 3 discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Week 3 games:

Miss St (-7.5/50.5) vs Kansas St

UGA (-33/58) vs Ark St

Alabama (-26/61.5) @ S Carolina

Arkansas (-10/58) vs Colorado St

AU (-35/52.5) vs Kent St

Florida (-9/51) @ Kentucky

Ole Miss (-33.5) vs SE Louisiana

Tennessee (-28) vs Chattanooga

aTm (-43) vs Lamar

Mizzou vs SE Missouri St

LSU vs Northwestern St

Vandy off

By my PR I have:

Alabama -22.5 - may not have adjusted enough for the freshman QB

Florida -10

Wasn't the look ahead line for Miss St/K-State around 20? KSU has looked good against 2 nothing teams. Last year what Miss St did in Manhattan was almost a civil rights violation.

Any word on the QB Stevens? He left early last week.

Wasn't the look ahead line for Miss St/K-State around 20? KSU has looked good against 2 nothing teams. Last year what Miss St did in Manhattan was almost a civil rights violation.

Any word on the QB Stevens? He left early last week.

Stevens has a bruised shoulder, Moorhead said he is hopeful he can play this weekend, but not banking on it. Unsure if Keytaon Thompson will be among those who fill in if he misses.

Sorry for anyone who took my advice on Alabama totals the first two games, I am obviously not seeing it really well right now.

Not a lot to get excited about on this card, I may not get involved in any of these games

Stevens has a bruised shoulder, Moorhead said he is hopeful he can play this weekend, but not banking on it. Unsure if Keytaon Thompson will be among those who fill in if he misses.

What is the story there?

What is the story there?

He put his name in the transfer portal when he lost the starting job, but has since decided to stay at Miss St. He's back with the team, not sure how Moorhead will handle it moving forward

Completely random but there is potential for HFA to be minimal at Mississippi State this weekend. 11:00 local kick in the heat after game management did a poor job of handling it last weekend with some concession stands closed, not enough water, not enough emergency personnel, etc. One of my employees was there and said they had never seen so many people sitting and laying around through the concourse areas and they left in the second quarter. Looking around a couple message boards seems to confirm and it wouldn’t be a surprise if the crowd is smaller than you would expect and very likely to be subdued.

LSU will probably sit 5-6 starters this week including 4 in the defensive front. Some of the fake cramps against Texas were neither fake nor cramps. Won’t matter this week but something to monitor moving into Vandy next week.

Completely random but there is potential for HFA to be minimal at Mississippi State this weekend. 11:00 local kick in the heat after game management did a poor job of handling it last weekend with some concession stands closed, not enough water, not enough emergency personnel, etc. One of my employees was there and said they had never seen so many people sitting and laying around through the concourse areas and they left in the second quarter. Looking around a couple message boards seems to confirm and it wouldn’t be a surprise if the crowd is smaller than you would expect and very likely to be subdued.

I thought it was only Alabama that complained about the heat at these day games

I kind of like a few things in the SEC thus weekend:

UGA 1H, 1H TTo, & 1H over
UF is dropping. If I can get 6.5, I am thinking I am going to hammer it.
Bama 1qtr, 1H, game & game under.
AU 1H, 1H TTo
Mizzou depending on line

I kind of like a few things in the SEC thus weekend:

UGA 1H, 1H TTo, & 1H over
UF is dropping. If I can get 6.5, I am thinking I am going to hammer it.
Bama 1qtr, 1H, game & game under.
AU 1H, 1H TTo
Mizzou depending on line

Agree on Florida. Not sure what I'm missing, Kentucky's QB is out right?

Agree on Florida. Not sure what I'm missing, Kentucky's QB is out right?
Yes. Troy x-fer is replacing him. Not sure, but he may have experience in playing UF. Seems like Troy made a trip to Gainesville over the past few seasons. Dont hold me to that though.

Played as a backup in 2016, didn’t play and redshirted in 2017, took over for the injured starter in the second half of 2018. Looks like all of his starts were against the Sun Belt except Liberty and then Buffalo in the bowl.

First real test for UK DBs this week. Toledo was replacing all their excellent WRs and doesn't have a QB known for passing prowess (and still UK had issues with them). Then Eastern Mich came in with a better QB, but subpar WRs.

All the attention Josh Allen and Benny Snell's departures overshadows that UK lost some really veteran guys in their secondary. I remember Edwards and Beaty and Westry and West all playing as frosh 4 years ago and now are all gone. Then the other guys who were there, Lonnie Johnson was a 1.5 year starter is now gone and Devonte Robinson is out. Those 6 guys were all there last two years and some major players the last 4 years. Gone.

It is a huge unknown and a worry spot for UK's D.

Fortunately for them, Feleipe Franks has is own kind of unknown going on. But Gator passing game, if it is as it should be, will be tough for UK to deal with I'd think. Although I am seeing Toney is out for Florida now (CB Henderson also out for Gators).

Yeah they had some issues. It’s hot af in Mississippi right now, and the forecast for Saturday is around 94.

curious to Bammers......

Yall feelin Saban on all this? He says he wants all SEC and P5 on record......now this on day games

Of course LSU gettin dragged in because of the PM kicks.........SEC Network $$$......we also gotta recall the 3rd Sat in Oct doesn't move, right?

Obviously as a fan, it would be more entertaining to have 9 conference games and only P5 in OOC, but if the goal is championships, no reason to do it unless everyone does. Think the vote for 9 has been 1-13 every year at SEC meetings, so don’t see that changing any time soon.

The day time kick thing is silly. It’s been hot here in September forever. But when SEC office says they can’t do anything, I think it’s right to call them out because they obviously let LSU decide when they play. As long as I’m not there, I don’t mind the 11 am kicks

Tennessee game has only been on the 3rd Saturday in October like 2 of the last 10 years, so don’t know what that has to do with anything

Back