• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Seattle ML +335

Be careful, remeber Hasslebaxk was a pick machine last week against a less then stellar pass defense.

Chopz, I was thinking about throwing a lil somethin on the ML too. I've never liked/trusted Brett Favre and even though he is having a great season I am not about to start.

the Seahawks posted a 3-5 road record during the regular season, with the last two defeats coming at the hands of Carolina and Atlanta.
Seattle also hasn't had much success away from home on the playoff trail.
The club's two most recent road playoff losses were in overtime, the defeat to the Packers and last year's 27-24 setback to eventual NFC champ Chicago at Soldier Field.
Green Bay also hasn't enjoyed a great deal of postseason success at home as of late. The Packers have dropped two of their last three playoff encounters at Lambeau, including a 31-17 upset loss to Minnesota during the 2004 campaign.
This will also pit Green Bay against former head coach and current Seahawks sideline boss Mike Holmgren, who directed the Pack to six straight playoff appearances and two Super Bowls during a successful seven-year run from 1992-98.
Additionally, Hasselbeck spent his first three NFL seasons in Green Bay as Favre's understudy before being brought over to the Seahawks by Holmgren in a 2001 trade.

WHEN THE SEAHAWKS HAVE THE BALL
Seattle's offensive game plan usually involves spreading the field and having the battle-tested Hasselbeck (3966 passing yards, 28 TD, 12 INT) throw to a quality corps of receivers that should be bolstered by the expected return of former Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch (49 receptions, 4 TD), who sat out last week's game with a strained calf. Veteran Bobby Engram (94 receptions, 1147 yards, 6 TD) has been the most productive member of the group, but Hackett (32 receptions, 3 TD) led the way in the Wild Card win with 101 yards on six catches. Nate Burleson (50 receptions, 9 TD) added six grabs for 64 yards and can be dangerous in the open field.
OVERALL ANALYSIS In a game that features the most prolific quarterback in the history of the sport as well as plenty of well-established talent on each side, it's ironic that the x-factor is Grant, an undrafted player out of college who began this season as Green Bay's fourth-string halfback. Both teams have signal-callers with a wealth of big-game experience and moxie, excellent skill and depth at the receiver positions, and sturdy defenses that are very good at pressuring the passer. But the Packers do have one potential clear advantage, provided they're able to get the running game churning out yards like it did during the second half of the season. Conversely, if the Seahawks can shut down Grant, there's no reason to think they can't win this game. Forget about Seattle's dubious history on the road -- the team came within a whisker of winning its last two playoff tests away from home and went toe-to-toe with quality clubs like Cleveland and Philadelphia as the visitor earlier this year.

You would think the coach has a trick or two up his sleeve to disrupt and exploit his old QB. I thought Seattle was weak all year but the Hawks have developed a pretty solid passing game over the year. A healthy Hackett really opens things up.

I just dont see the PACK losing at home this early after such a great season. Cant argue with the value though.

Chopz, I was thinking about throwing a lil somethin on the ML too. I've never liked/trusted Brett Favre and even though he is having a great season I am not about to start.

Kramer,
So you say you have never liked or trusted brett favre... the guy has thrown damn near 430 touchdown passes (a league record) and is probably the most well liked player in the national football league. As for trusting him, hes prolly pretty trusting too considering the guy has started 270 games including playoffs. You sound like your pretty smart pal, why dont u bag ur local bookie and start booking your picks with me because id love to have ur money.

Thanks, go JAGS

- Kaptain

How about I take you in the back, you give me your money, I kick you in the nuts and we call it even...

Kramer,
So you say you have never liked or trusted brett favre... the guy has thrown damn near 430 touchdown passes (a league record) and is probably the most well liked player in the national football league. As for trusting him, hes prolly pretty trusting too considering the guy has started 270 games including playoffs. You sound like your pretty smart pal, why dont u bag ur local bookie and start booking your picks with me because id love to have ur money.

Thanks, go JAGS

- Kaptain

Being the most well liked player in the nfl has nothing to do with his ability on the football field for this week. Obviously the packers have an excellent shot of going to the nfc title game, thats why they are such heavy favorites. However, I find there might be some value in the Hawks ML. However, the price has gone down the last few days which may ultimately prevent me from taking them straight up.

In terms of Favre, when I say I never liked him I meant on the football field? The fact of the matter is his likable personality is what makes him one of the better QBs in most people's eyes. And regardless of how many consecutive games he has started, not including this come back year he is having, he has been just awful the last 5+ seasons. This is more true in the playoffs. So even though he is having a good year, he is causing more harm than good for Packer's long term success.

Go ahead root for the Jags. I actually prefer that you do. All of the Patriot haters is what makes this amazing season that much sweeter. Oh and btw, Tom Brady is so far better than Favre ever was in his prime it's not even close.

GO PATS

When You Said This/Never Trusted...That's How I Feel Sometimes Bout Bret. The Cat That Threw 29 INT's In 05 & 18 In 06.

Green Bay is 2-4 in playoff games since a first post-Holmgren playoff appearance in January 2002 -- including two losses at Lambeau.

The Packers failed to score more than 17 points in each of their four playoff losses.

Favre threw 14 interceptions in those six games, a number skewed greatly by his six-interception eyesore at St. Louis in '02, and a four-interception clunker in the Packers' most recent playoff appearance against Minnesota in January 2005.

looks like you should have listened to those guys chopz....or just flushed your money down the toilet...........seattle got that ass whipped.

looks like you should have listened to those guys chopz....or just flushed your money down the toilet...........seattle got that ass whipped.

brada - What's the point of a fucking comment like this? I'm pretty sure he's aware that Seattle got handled.

Thanks, king of the fucking obvious.

:down2:

yea thats lame dude.....i was looking pretty good, 4 minutes into it

oh well hopefully get it back with Jax +14

GET SOME KRAMER...HOPE YOU DIDNT PUT TOO MUCH ON THAT... NO WAY BRADY IS BETTER THAN FAVRE IN HIS PRIME...BRADY IS AN AVERAGE QB ON ANY OTHER TEAM

GO JAGS

- Kaptain

Back