• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Season suspended indefinitely

Yeah maybe 5-6 teams that think they have a chance at the title can suck it up for 2 months , but the rest ? Hard to see that

Cancel regular season

Take top 10 and do your little play in for 7-8 seeds.

That gets rid of the teams like Cle, Det, Ny etc... I can't imagine those players and staffs being motivated at all.

Cancel regular season

Take top 10 and do your little play in for 7-8 seeds.

That gets rid of the teams like Cle, Det, Ny etc... I can't imagine those players and staffs being motivated at all.

I think what you are proposing is maybe the only way this works

do you think the 76ers could turn their season around . What about Rockets with all this rest , they were on fumes

Money talks. Players start losing salary things loosen up.

If they have actually been staying at home, what's the difference? I get the family aspect but these guys spend 4-5 months away a year as is.

instagram models, strippers are a big part of their life

I think what you are proposing is maybe the only way this works

do you think the 76ers could turn their season around . What about Rockets with all this rest , they were on fumes
I don't think the Sixers could...hate their mesh..

I'm not a playoff Rockets fan but in this weird situation maybe things fall right for them. They have to go through both LAs though most likely. Tough.

I wonder how out of shape Harden had gotten?

Russ was playing up a storm midseason.

Delay in LeCovid's HGH supply network due to the Rona. Season will resume when he's fully re-juiced...

If they do come back, get that "load management" crap out of here! Especially, after watching The Last Dance...today's players are soft!

I'm starting to think about the season re-starting from the Owners perspective. If the TV providers aren't going pull back money , then what motivation would they have to re-start this season?

I saw something that it was finally released that about 40% of the revenue is fan dependent.

Is there a possibility that it just a better financial decision to just pay the players their full salary and call it a day on the season?

This whole thing seems like a logistical nightmare, and we know they are scared as shit of negative PR.

Last edited:
I'm actually, as of today, rooting for the NBA to cancel season and playoffs.

This comes with the caveat that no one is getting paid or gets salary reductions.

Give them till Dec 25th off then cram 82 games in next season.

sounds like some of the players don't realize that if they don't play again this season it will have a more direct impact on the CAP for the following season .

I still haven't found a clear answer, if they don't play this season do they lose some TV money?

Last edited:
sounds like some of the players don't realize that if they don't play again this season it will have an more direct impact on the CAP for the following season .

I still haven't found a clear answer, if they don't play this season do they lose some TV money?
No idea but I'd agree not all are educated about this stuff.

instagram models, strippers are a big part of their life

I csnt wait for the first post rona drop on ig from a player

'Just landed in ______ anyone know any good spots?'

Its like the fucking bat signal to that cities models and strippers, and the players know exactly what they are doing

I'm actually, as of today, rooting for the NBA to cancel season and playoffs.

This comes with the caveat that no one is getting paid or gets salary reductions.

Give them till Dec 25th off then cram 82 games in next season.

If we do get the christmas start or even a delayed start next year

No olympics right? Or at least it would probly have to be non playoff teams?

Season would go to mid-late june, playoffs running through July and into aug

sounds like some of the players don't realize that if they don't play again this season it will have a more direct impact on the CAP for the following season .

Looking for that too, and it's not like the other leagues where viewers are rising

They dont have much leverage

If we do get the christmas start or even a delayed start next year

No olympics right? Or at least it would probly have to be non playoff teams?

Season would go to mid-late june, playoffs running through July and into aug
Holy shit, the Olympics ... Yeah take some guys from bad teams?

I doubt these morons have any understanding of the long term ramifications. Not that I do, just know it wouldn’t be good, lol.

Orlando looks like the site but probably no Jingles.

If the NBA season is played out in Orlando it will likely be without spectators and under strict protocols and testing.

Ingles, a key member of the Utah Jazz who sit in fourth place in the Western Conference, has said he is prepared to "walk away, fly to Australia and never play another game in my life and be very content with it" to protect his family from the virus.

Ingles said last week he hasn't worked out at the Jazz's practice facility despite it opening up to players with strict guidelines. He has a gym and hoop at his home for workouts.

Ingles will take a wait-and-see approach to playing games if the season does start.

"It's not worth it," Ingles, discussing practice at the Jazz facility, told Utah radio station 1280 The Zone last week.

definitely understand where Ingles is coming from, but NBA should not be making decisions based on concerns of a tiny tiny fraction of their players

but, I can already see people trying to use this as a lightning rod to suggest why the NBA should not come back....DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SILVER . Ignore the social media chatter

Couple thoughts from the Shams article today about the GM survey...

*It sounds like there is no option for full 82. Thank goodness for me.
*I think with scrimmages they could go right to the playoffs. This will eliminate 14 clubs from even having to deal with all this.
*Now, if you want to do the 'playoffs-plus' then you still eliminate 10 teams from having to play again. This is a win-win IMO.
*The time is now to try this re-seeding idea. It is on the table, so why not? Obviously a few teams in the East will want no part of this (Tor, Mil and Boston)
*IMO, they should be able to get this all done by Labor Day... two months off and start training camps on Dec 1st for a Christmas Day start.

Late July seems a bit of a reach.

I'm not saying toss the ball up right now at all but you have some facilities open already. Even if you do a mini Camp plus 4-8 more regular season games you don't need to wait 2 months to restart.

One more thought if they do restart in late July ..

Now you're competing with the NFL and NCAA.

You best not schedule NBA finals games on Saturday or Sunday nights. You'd have to do a Mon Wed Fri approach.

yeah, why late July, are they giving these guys a month to get back in shape?

2.5 weeks to finish regular season 7-8 games...Then 1.5 months for playoffs ?

yeah, why late July, are they giving these guys a month to get back in shape?

2.5 weeks to finish regular season 7-8 games...Then 1.5 months for playoffs ?
I guess.

Weird.

But, Silver is being so cautious right now. If the NHL can get going July 6th he's gonna either look silly or like a genius.

Any scenarios you could see that Clips, Lakers, Bucks aren't in the final four. ( assuming no injuries, covid cases)

Lebron getting bounced early would be terrible for the NBA.

I just wonder if some of the delay is to make sure the players are in game shape when this starts back up to avoid some big upset

I thought before all this started that the Lakers physicality was going to make it very difficult to prevent them from getting to the Finals. I believe it more now in the current environment , its dependent on the refs, but I think they will be pro Lebron/Davis and swallow their whistles

One more thought if they do restart in late July ..

Now you're competing with the NFL and NCAA.

You best not schedule NBA finals games on Saturday or Sunday nights. You'd have to do a Mon Wed Fri approach.
Mondays?

Dont think that works well either, especially with espn being so involved

No chance they want mnf and nba finals on espn and abc going h2h

Any scenarios you could see that Clips, Lakers, Bucks aren't in the final four. ( assuming no injuries, covid cases)

Lebron getting bounced early would be terrible for the NBA.

I just wonder if some of the delay is to make sure the players are in game shape when this starts back up to avoid some big upset

I think they are trying to secure enough test kits. The players are mostly liberal, so the politics...unfortunately might be a hurdle as well. I admittedly have not kept up though with NBA news, and just scrolled the thread fast...are most players on board? Most notably, the superstars?

I think they are trying to secure enough test kits. The players are mostly liberal, so the politics...unfortunately might be a hurdle as well. I admittedly have not kept up though with NBA news, and just scrolled the thread fast...are most players on board? Most notably, the superstars?
Yes, Bron and others are on board.

Testing should be no issue, there are plenty of tests in 99% of America.

To your post before, yeah I'd be pissed for NBA finals during football. .

Here's the thing, the NBA plan is solid with the use of Disney. There is no reason for it to take 2 months to get going (obviously after a camp n scrimmages).

Again, if not now, when?

NBA conference finals and NBA finals in late August would help regenerate the ratings they have sorely been lacking.

some of this push into later July have to do with players who are currently living overseas, isn't there a mandatory 14 day quarantine?

the NBA once they get to Orlando, isn't FL a 14 day quarantine as well? So would that push a guy overseas to at least 28 days before they could officially play a game?Then you have to have I would say at minimum 2 weeks to prepare with scrimmages, practices , etc...So it starts to make sense why late July would be the start time

it does sound like this will probably be right into playoffs, maybe include some current 9 and 10 seeds, but NBA does not seem to want all 30 or so teams in Orlando

Back