• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sar-a-tooo-GAAAA!!!

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
40 days of world class racing in under 7 weeks during the 2nd half of summer.

Friday's pick four looks promising. The 7th is fairly wide open, I see about half the field 1,2,3,5,10,12 with a realistic shot, and Cumbria is barely luke warm as the 4-1 favorite. Watch out for the 13 if she draws in, a must use.

The 8th, 9th and 10th feature a handful of contenders with in each with some potential spots to single. In the 8th 1,2,4,9 look like the big players, but a stand can be taken with Pletcher's Nonna Madeline, who broke slow in her debut at Monmouth then ran them off their feet.

In the 9th, I see three strong choices, 1,3,7. Daddy is a Legend is a reasonable favorite, but the other two are in Chad's barn and I can't ignore him in the first turf race of the meet.

The 10th looks like a three horse race, 8,11,12. 12 is another Chad horse coming off a long layoff and showing good works heading in.

I'll play a pair pick 4s around the two singles: 1,2,3,5,10,12 / 2 / 1,3,7 / 8,11,12 and 1,2,3,5,10,12 / 1,2,4,9 / 1,3,7 / 12

CHEERS TO A FUN SUMMER AT THE SPA!!

Good luck Gandolf!

Race 7 I can't really disagree with any of the 5 you like. I'll be looking for speed on the turf early in the meet, especially on the inner, I expect speed to hold up early on as my understanding is it has been dry there and the course should be quite firm and speed tends to do better on the inner. I am kind of leaning on keying 3,5,10

Race 8 Agree 2 should be tough here, also interested in 3,5,9

Race 9 Think 3 can sit the perfect trip just sitting off the lead, but also like 1 and 5 who might be able to steal it on the front end without alot of other speed here

Race 10 8 and 12 are most logical but think 8 might want a little more ground and 12 might revert back to hanging in the stretch. I think 11,5,9 are others with a chance

Good luck Gandolf!

Race 7 I can't really disagree with any of the 5 you like. I'll be looking for speed on the turf early in the meet, especially on the inner, I expect speed to hold up early on as my understanding is it has been dry there and the course should be quite firm and speed tends to do better on the inner. I am kind of leaning on keying 3,5,10

Race 8 Agree 2 should be tough here, also interested in 3,5,9

Race 9 Think 3 can sit the perfect trip just sitting off the lead, but also like 1 and 5 who might be able to steal it on the front end without alot of other speed here

Race 10 8 and 12 are most logical but think 8 might want a little more ground and 12 might revert back to hanging in the stretch. I think 11,5,9 are others with a chance

Best of luck to you as well Lloyd! :cheers3:

Big scratch of #12 in the finale, will add 2 & 7 in that race and have just the one single:

1,2,3,5,10,12 / 2 / 1,3,7 / 2,7,8,11

Pletcher wins these Schuylervilles about every other year. Getting bet hard early.

Well #1 lived up to her last speed figure on the slop. She was 5 lengths the best if that number held, looks like it did. JV had #2 much closer to the pace this time and she was empty late.

Finale won by a “Saratoga special”, a mystery horse moving up in class off a ten month layoff. Always seem to miss ‘this type.

Saturday late Pick 4

Race 8 - Speed should do well in this turf sprint as the course is firm. 1,3 & 6 all with recent efforts that can win this, nice price on #1. #2 is also reasonable but probably pace compromised.

Race 9 - Sanford Stakes has a wide open field of seven. Early pace numbers favor 6 & 7, Todd has #1 coming off a sharp work, and #8 also shows nice works coming off his wire win.

Race #10 - Tough to get past the top 3 here, 1, 2, 6, the two Chads and Proctor's Ledge who is 2 for 2 at the Spa.

Race #11 - #9 is another who's 2 for 2 at Saratoga, #11 won at this level last month at Belmont, and #8 fits the level, gets a break on the distance and shows a sharp work heading in, all for 5-1.

1,3,6 / 1,6,7,8 / 1,2,6 / 8,9,11

Sunday late Pick 4

Race 7 - Demanding 7f distance for maidens, like the 5 on the cutback and the sharp drill for Mott. #9 a logical choice for Chad, has closed OK in his two starts. 3 and 7 are the mystery horses, both moving from turf to dirt, 3 is a little better prospect from the Weaver barn who loves to fire their best here.

Race 8 - 3 and 5 are a couple of Irish breds that make sense here. 6 and 9 figure to battle for the lead but I like the 6 better on the distance cutback. Intrigued by #4 trying turf for the first time, gets a patient Leparoux on board.

Race 9 - Its Monomoy Girl vs Midnight Bisou, great matchup of the premier fillies running today. Could they wear each other out and let Eskimo Kisses run by? Doubt it. Sit back and enjoy what should be a Blind Luck/Havre de Grace type battle.

Race 10 - Chad with a couple in 2 and 9 that are lightly raced; 9 just missed last time and 2 had traffic issues but closed well. Value choice look like #3, with four seconds but coming off a break and working well. Also interested in #4, new to the Toner barn, stretching out.

5,9 / 3,4,5,6 / 2,4 / 2,3,4,9

Heading to San Diego tomorrow for a week....got tickets for Sunday at Del Mar pretty excited.

I've been playing Saratoga and Del Mar

Have a blast, all the times there and never been to the track. Downtown Del Mar is pretty awesome especially during race season

Another horse just took a tumble at Del Mar, seems like it happens a ton at that track

Buddy's fraternity brother owns Winchell Farms, got 2 runners here...pulling for Tenfold

Yep that was their break. Thought Tenfold was gonna give it up there in the stretch but pretty great jock work from Santana

Get that p4

Uni looked wider than the 5... I had a little bet on the 4 so I was watching the front more than the back.

Uni looked wider than the 5... I had a little bet on the 4 so I was watching the front more than the back.
Correct and came from last but #5 came from 2nd to last and made wide pre move on backside and entering stretch...uni had better trip

Back