• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Red Sox - Dodgers thoughts

BringInTheLefty

Remember when the Dodgers were 16-26 back in May? ~~ they were in 3rd place in the NL West in September~~ won a 163rd game to advance to the playoffs ~~ then beat the winners of the NL East Atlanta & Central Brewers to arrive at the World Series....

Meanwhile the Sox won a franchise-record 108 games ~~ yawned their way to their 4th WS in 15 years ~~ they only needed 9 games to get rid of the Yankees & defending champions Astros....

Kershaw has never faced the Sox ~~ Sale has had 2 outings against the Dodgers only one start ~~ he allowed nine hits and seven runs and walked five in six innings ~~ Kershaw isn’t good in the postseason only 9-8 with a 4.09 ERA

JD Martinez is 3-for-8 .375 with a HR against Kershaw, but Eduardo Nunez is 2-for-12 .167

Game 1 will be chilly with some showers in the area, game time temperature will be around 48

I see this game as a high scoring one...Red Sox score early & Dodgers rally but come up short final score 6-4

I’ll be betting the over tonight & the Sox to win the series....

Game 2 thoughts:

Price had been 0-9 in 11 postseason starts before throwing six shutout innings in Houston ~ Price is 0-1 with a 2.25 ERA in two starts against the Dodgers while Ryu has never faced the Red Sox

Manny Machado, who drove in 3 runs in the opener, is 12-for-41 with 5 homers against Price, while Brian Dozier is 9-for-39 with two homers. J.D.Martinez is the only Red Sox player with more than three at-bats against Ryu and he's 2-for-7

Tonight, I’ll be betting on the Dodgers +125 ~~ leaning towards the under (8.5) will decide just before game time

Good luck to those betting this evening....

Price has several tells when he’s struggling. If he starts tugging on his sleeve and taking a long time between pitches then it may be a good live dodger bet. If he’s moving right along he will pitch better.

lost some money last night....knew under looked good.... my series win bet on the Sox looks solid....may just lay off game 3

Buehler has never faced the Red Sox, gave up a combined 9 runs in his first two playoff outings, both Dodgers defeats ~~ he rebounded with a strong 4 2/3 innings in the Dodgers' Game 7 victory in the NLCS against the Brewers
Porcello has 2 career starts against the Dodgers and none since 2011 ~ 2 of his 4 appearances in this postseason were starts, as he gave up one run in five innings to the Yankees in the ALDS and 4 runs over 4 innings to the Astros in the ALCS ~ the Red Sox won both games

tonight I’ll be just playing over 7.5 +100

Tough call tonight I think. (Love the OWEN 2 BBF LMAO)....I don't like the lineup offensively or defensively for the Sox...do like the over 3 runs heavily juiced on the Sox. They have such a large horseshoe right now that they ought to get at least 3 one would think....and tough to let +58 go by the boards....good luck all

Porcello is a gamer. Remember him in an interleague gm whacking a double earlier this year. Not gonna be cashing to many more dogs in bases this year. Im getting +163 on the better team, sign me up

Dodgers have averaged 3 runs a game in the series & did not have an extra-base hit for 74 consecutive at bats until Joc Pederson hit a 3rd inning HR Friday ~~
Sox are in an offensive slumber as well ~ their top 4 batters in the lineup went a combined 0-for-28 in Game 3, including an 0-for-7 performance from likely AL-MVP Mookie Betts and an 0-for-8 game from Xander Bogaerts ~~~~

I’m making 2 bets tonight ~~~~ over 8.5 -105 ~~ first 5 Red Sox +140 ~~

do or die for the LA boys....clayton needs to step up...both pitchers will be under stress leading to potential early departures and into the pens....like over 7.5 as I always do with two explosive lineups...mookie and JD might wake up....if madson comes in that will be good for at least 2 runs as he has allowed all 7 men on base to score.... made a bundle yesterday so probably just the over tonight but may lay a little on the just can't lose sox who seem to be the luckiest playoff team ever....

Sadly baseball season has come to an end ~~ I don’t like the next few months~~ I made some money on my Red Sox series bet....
I’ll be updating my beloved Rangers in the offseason ~~

Back