• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Recap of Championship Week...Playoff Thoughts/Rants and Heisman...

Brian Kelly won his 3rd Home Depot Coach of the Year award. Saban has won it once

Exactly right. He couldn’t be more right. This is also exactly what VK and I were saying in the other thread when someone else (M.W. I think it was) was saying they had to keep it the way it is in FBS football because it’s always been that way. Ugh. Every other sport, and every other division/league in every other sport in the world uses a real playoff system to figure out a champion.

Well yes, but the other two got plenty of offense too but their defense consistently gave up a boatload of points so they had to stay in the game(s) longer.
Ya. There defense compared to the other 2 makes Bama's look like the 85 bears

Brian Kelly won his 3rd Home Depot Coach of the Year award. Saban has won it once

Those 3 trophies can go next to the award for being the world's biggest piece of shit for sending a kid up to film in a 60mph windstorm and fall to his death.

Not enough bad can happen to this man. He is everything that is wrong with sports. And the best thing about Nick (like Hoodie) is that he could care less about stuff like that...all the guy wants to do is win.

They should just name it the Home Depot Coach of the Year (relative to preseason expectations) Award

Those 3 trophies can go next to the award for being the world's biggest piece of shit for sending a kid up to film in a 60mph windstorm and fall to his death.

Not enough bad can happen to this man. He is everything that is wrong with sports. And the best thing about Nick (like Hoodie) is that he could care less about stuff like that...all the guy wants to do is win.
Scarf Rants!! (Needs his own show)

I want to preface this by saying I am a Trent Tyler fan.

But I feel like you get to a point where this is a forced thing and he is being used as a prop. I know that is a cynical view point and I hope I am wrong .. but I feel like he is being used rather than the pure thing this started out as.

I feel like a bad person for typing all of that.

I want to preface this by saying I am a Trent Tyler fan.

But I feel like you get to a point where this is a forced thing and he is being used as a prop. I know that is a cynical view point and I hope I am wrong .. but I feel like he is being used rather than the pure thing this started out as.

I feel like a bad person for typing all of that.

I’m just curious and not judging. Why do you feel that way? He and his family are more than legit...to me the biggest bad ass that has come around and walked the walk given the worst luck one could come across that I’ve witnessed. He looks legitimately humbled when given praise like he was at the college football awards show.

I hope he’s able to do this and folks continue to use him as a prop for decades to come. Because it’s incredibly inspirational.

If you haven’t read it...here is a recent article Tyler wrote. To me it is well worth the read and has put some things in perspective for me.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...es-why-im-grateful-holiday-season/2183172002/

LSU fans are more plentiful than UF fans here but not by that much. Definitely more. Seriously though, who is traveling to Phoenix from Orlando/Baton Rouge/NO for this?
:tiphat:

But I’m neither in BR nor NO, just out here in the sticks between the two. I put in my postseason request through LSU for any of the NY6 games back in November with the idea we would take the kids and make a mini vacation out of it if they made any of those games. Obviously would have preferred a matchup with Michigan much more so than this, and would have been better off buying tickets on the secondary market, but it’s the kids’ first bowl game so I wanted to make sure we were in the middle of the school allotment.

:tiphat:

But I’m neither in BR nor NO, just out here in the sticks between the two. I put in my postseason request through LSU for any of the NY6 games back in November with the idea we would take the kids and make a mini vacation out of it if they made any of those games. Obviously would have preferred a matchup with Michigan much more so than this, and would have been better off buying tickets on the secondary market, but it’s the kids’ first bowl game so I wanted to make sure we were in the middle of the school allotment.
Have some fun M.O.T.

Like any of the big games Fiesta put together a great atmosphere. Not real sure if I'm heading over yet, 11am start time after NYE might be tough. Haven't looked at secondary market yet, prolly wait for week of the game. Back in town on the 30th so seems doable.

Exactly right. He couldn’t be more right. This is also exactly what VK and I were saying in the other thread when someone else (M.W. I think it was) was saying they had to keep it the way it is in FBS football because it’s always been that way. Ugh. Every other sport, and every other division/league in every other sport in the world uses a real playoff system to figure out a champion.
I didn't say it "has to" stay the way it is. I said I have no interest in a championship, and you shouldn't force one on a sport that doesn't want one.

I didn't say it "has to" stay the way it is. I said I have no interest in a championship, and you shouldn't force one on a sport that doesn't want one.

Fair enough. My point was that you tried to give examples of other leagues/divisions that don’t crown a champion but in reality you proved that every other league/division actually does.

It’s not a sport that doesn’t want one...it’s a league. A league that is just one of thousands of leagues across the globe. The only league that doesn’t actually crown a real champion.

Back