• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Quarters Discussion

possibly, i don't think so because they clearly have more scoring threats but in terms of style definitely

I think Brazil Belgium will see the biggest mismatch.

Neymar and his speed and dribbles vs Belgium defense.

I don’t think Vertongen and Mertens and Van Damme will be able to control Neymar.

I figure Neymar and Brazil’s offense will give the technically sound but speed deficient Belgium defense fits.

It just seems that Brazil’s speed vs Belgium defense is a mismatch

possibly, i don't think so because they clearly have more scoring threats but in terms of style definitely

More in the sense that they play a 4-4-2 , they do gimmicky stuff like long throw ins like Iceland, sit deep and defend

It's left calf mates. And prolly 30/70 at this point

Maybe they can spray him that magic spray? Is it me or are they using the magic spray way less than 7-12 years ago when they run on the field and use the magic spray on every player?

I used magic spray on my liver this morning and fell straight over. It's caca

Kaka.jpg

And Brazilian ref with all those yellow cards out there against CRO and to a lesser extent RUS

Think that may make the sailing smooth....I mean I love Croatia but the majority have to lay off so it could be a wicked pace

Gonna chew on the over angles there

^^^^ thank u for those, not sure if it confuses me though

Assume the players know these tendencies? I dunno….I'm all over Croatia but with all those cards and a ref that seems to let it fly, might have to play on Russia team total

Not concerned so much on Uruguay/France, think it's a measured pace at best and not some crazy card match

There may not be a card in ENG/SWE....neither team really commits fouls and ref doesn't hand em out anyway

Brazil might get a few cards, just a hunch

Couple of historical scoreline angles that i can't see being ignored...

(1) All 8 WC's that have involved the R16 format have delivered a 90 min 0-0 knockout result.

8 knockout games in and none so far.

To me, Uru/Fra & Swe/Eng would seem to be the biggest candidates to end the drought. I think the other two games will deliver at least 2 goals each. Cavani being out means Uruguay will more than likely PTB like Colombia essentially did and hunt for a counter attack goal to win in reg, otherwise settle for sudden-death football. Sweden usually plays England tough, and if Colombia can deny England any run-of-play goals, I see no reason why Sweden can't. Sweden's offense in turn has looked suspect, their one decent outing against Mexico involved the latter collapsing mentally once they conceded the first goal of what was a tight game til that point. Once again, as always, either game avoiding an early goal should set the stage for this historically 'due' result.

(2) edit: why the Uru/Por result escaped me, I have a slight inkling but the fact is it finished 2-1 making this angle redundant.

Last edited:
as Cavani looks to be more and more doubtful, URU +0.5 keeps getting bet and FRA to advance is hardly moving

Couple of historical scoreline angles that i can't see being ignored...

(1) All 8 WC's that have involved the R16 format have delivered a 90 min 0-0 knockout result.

8 knockout games in and none so far.

To me, Uru/Fra & Swe/Eng would seem to be the biggest candidates to end the drought. I think the other two games will deliver at least 2 goals each. Cavani being out means Uruguay will more than likely PTB like Colombia essentially did and hunt for a counter attack goal to win in reg, otherwise settle for sudden-death football. Sweden usually plays England tough, and if Colombia can deny England any run-of-play goals, I see no reason why Sweden can't. Sweden's offense in turn has looked suspect, their one decent outing against Mexico involved the latter collapsing mentally once they conceded the first goal of what was a tight game til that point. Once again, as always, either game avoiding an early goal should set the stage for this historically 'due' result.

(2) edit: why the Uru/Por result escaped me, I have a slight inkling but the fact is it finished 2-1 making this angle redundant.

FRANCE VS URUGUAY HISTORY, recent 5 games (next one is in 1966)

2 times in the WC, and 3 friendlies

RYIqaGd.png

Head official, Nestor Pitana, looks like one of the Norweigian crab boat fisherman's with a closer cropped hair cut in the TV show!!

Interesting ref pulls for Sat

SWE/ENG gets the Dutch ref, should be somewhat open

RUS/CRO gets the Brazilian, with all those yellows that makes it a bit of a basket case

Not sure about tomorrow, odd they put an Argentine there for France/URU

Marcelo back in there (which i didn't expect) while Casemiro misses due to suspension

Back