• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Patriots @ Bengals

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
I need the forum's help. Can someone please tell me how New England does not cover the 7-pt spread?

The only way I see Cincinnati covering is if they can connect on the long ball to TJ Housh & Ocho Cinco, but are the Patriots CBs that weak? I think Yag can hold his own versus Johnson, and Belichick is smart enough to bring his safeties into coverage to help limit Cincinnati's two good WRs. Cincy's TE Kelly will be taken out of the game because anyone on the Patriot LB corps can cover him, then you add to the equation that Rudi might miss Monday because of his hamstring.

I am looking for a reason to stay away from this game, so someone please play devil's advocate...

Honestly I have no clue. I may look at the o/u. 52.5 seems a bit high. You hate to go against the hot Pats but MNF anything can happen.

Trying to put all bias aside, I absolutely love the Pats this Monday. Look what they were able to do vs them last year (in Cincy again) and compare that team to this years team.

I see no reason why they don't cover. Cincy's defense has shown they are awful. That said though Blue Chip, this is MNF. Cincy played very well the first MNF game a couple of weeks ago against Baltimore. This is at home for them too. Either way, I like the Pats a lot. Also, Randy Moss on prime time = Cash money homey.

But Belichick doesnt have their signals now !!! :36_11_6:

Kidding aside, I agree that NE should cover. MNF used to be where the dogs would bark the loudest and seems like the books are trying harder to bank on that assumption. I dont know, I cant figure it out either.

Rudi is banged up. The Bengals might throw 50 times in this game. It's pretty hard to bet against the Pats after this first 3 games, but all the talk about them going undefeated certainly will motivate the home team. This is a statement game for Cinncy.

Rudi is banged up. The Bengals might throw 50 times in this game. It's pretty hard to bet against the Pats after this first 3 games, but all the talk about them going undefeated certainly will motivate the home team. This is a statement game for Cinncy.

huge game for them. If they lost they're not making the playoffs. If they win they have a better shot.

1-3 or 2-2.......

i think the Bengals are gonna come out hard on offense and on Defense cause some turnover like they did against the Ravens on MNF......

Just a note :

In 2003-04, when the Pats won a record 21 straight games, they won just one game by more than 14 points. This year they’ve won by 24, 24 and 31. Umm, you think Cincy can hold them? I dont.

A seven point home dog?

I know their defense is poor, but they can throw and that will generally keep you in any game. Carson Palmer is not Rex Grossman.

I either take the points or stay away.

Oh, also, I lean under as well.

Only reason I can think of is that the Pats are 3-0 ATS and will lose eventually and this is not a reason to cap a game.

Bengals D is like swiss cheese, Balt should have beat them with 6 to's

Hard to see Cincy covering even though they are home dogs.

NE doesn't stack the box to stop the run(they are big and the line does a good job of stopping the run anyway). Rudi is banged up also.
NE's focus will be on stopping the pass.

To do this, when they have the ball they will eat up the clock with their running game. Cincy can't stop the run. As soon as Cincy focuses on stopping run........ BANG playaction to Moss.

NE is FUCKEN NUTS. They are the most complete team there is out there. They can pound the running game, everyone knows about their passing game, and hey last I checked their defense can blitz, stop the run and neutralize the pass.

The whole NFL knows Cincy will be passing. I see a clock management type game by NE.

Juciy home dog or not, I can't see Cincy covering.

as I was saying......CIN will not get more than 17 and NE should put up 38 comfortably like they did LY in week# 4 when they came into CIN -as a 6 pt.dog mind you-and beat them up 38-13 with virtually no wideouts to speak of as Doug Gabriel wasn't with the team yet and all they had was Gaffney and "Crazy Eyes" Caldwell.

Guys, this edition of the Patriots is just plain sick. They have no weeknesses. Jets and SD couldn't move the ball on ground and Buff was just overmatched physically. When Cin finds out they can't move it on the ground look for Colvin and Vrabel to come hard at Palmer off the corners. I'm thinking Palmer will have his hands full with guys coming at him from everywhere (Wilfork and Adalius up the middle). This defense is very very good. 3 or 4 sacks and a couple fumbles is what I expect. On the other side of the ball I expect to see the Pats hammer the ground game. If Cin doesn't bring safety help Morris, Moroney and company will have a field day. When they do bring the safeties up to help that's when the fireworks start. SD decided they would stop the run so Brady opened with 8-10 straight passes for 7 points. These guys are so good, they will dictate how the game will be played. I just can't make a case for Cinci staying within the number.

Marvin Lewis is a turd that doesn't know how to coach defense. When will people finally realize this? He does nothing for this team?

Carson and the offense are independant
His defense sucks, he doesn't know how to coach

His team has no discipline with all those thugs getting arrested.

Marvin Lewis is just some over hyped puppet. Stop defending the guy, he is retarted.

Patriots and Bengals

C-Gold, have to go with the Patriots. Have never seen a more complete team in a while, have you ? :peace:

Back