• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Opening Weekend NBA Re-start Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
New Orleans -2/220

LA Clippers PK/218.5 vs LA Lakers

Orlando 2/212.5 Brooklyn

Portland -1/222.5 vs Memphis

Phoenix -3.5/229.5 vs Washington

Milwaukee -5/219.5 vs Boston

Sacramento -2.5/216 vs San Antonio

Houston -1.5/225.5 vs Dallas

Denver PK/212.5 vs Miami

Utah PK/212 vs Oklahoma City

LA Clippers -5.5/226 vs New Orleans

Philadelphia -4/210 vs Indiana

LA Lakers -3/213.5 vs Toronto

DeAndre Jordan tested positive.

He has ruled himself out of the restart.

Huh?

It is a month away. I mean, I get you don't want to waste time getting swept out of the playoffs but jeez man. You will be good to go in a few weeks and immune.

There will be more and if this thing goes ahead the basketball will be awful, at least initially.

I honestly don’t know if I see myself getting invested in any of these games. Maybe one pops up but so many ? marks that I will likely hold off until the playoffs

I honestly don’t know if I see myself getting invested in any of these games. Maybe one pops up but so many ? marks that I will likely hold off until the playoffs
I mean, I see a few great angles right now but betting a game now is like bowl season... Gotta wait injuries/suspensions/draft eligible sitting out. Only this is the virus and guys on non contenders trying to sit out.

Someone please explain to me why one of these teams doesn’t pick up Jamal Crawford for the playoff run? Dudes still a walking bucket and id think he could contribute off the bench, no?

Someone please explain to me why one of these teams doesn’t pick up Jamal Crawford for the playoff run? Dudes still a walking bucket and id think he could contribute off the bench, no?

Maybe due to eligibility rules for the playoffs? It may be a situation where he would be able to play the games leading up to the playoffs but would then be ineligible for the actual playoffs.

There was another situation with a guy who was traded and he isn’t eligible for playoffs or something like that. I’ll see if I can find what I was reading.

Maybe due to eligibility rules for the playoffs? It may be a situation where he would be able to play the games leading up to the playoffs but would then be ineligible for the actual playoffs.

There was another situation with a guy who was traded and he isn’t eligible for playoffs or something like that. I’ll see if I can find what I was reading.

I thought they were going to be more lenient on that with this stuff? Maybe it's only if he's replacing someone.

I thought they were going to be more lenient on that with this stuff? Maybe it's only if he's replacing someone.

Here’s some more info on it, looks like Crawford is eligible to be signed and play in the playoffs...

There are only a few restrictions on the substitute player pool until Aug. 14: A player must not have been under contract with a team outside of the U.S. during the 2019-20 season, and he must not have been waived after March 1. That keeps players such as DeMarcus Cousins, Jamal Crawford, Gerald Green and Isaiah Thomas in play as substitute options.

Any player signed as a substitute will be paid a prorated minimum contract equal to 20 days of salary. For example, JR Smith will earn $289,803 with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Once the play-in games and/or playoffs begin after Aug. 14, only players with zero to three years of service are eligible to be signed as replacement players. That pool of players includes Dragan Bender, Jemerrio Jones, Jonah Bolden, Tyrone Wallace, Henry Ellensonand Amile Jefferson. However, Isaiah Hartenstein and Allonzo Trier are not eligible because they were waived after March 1.

One more important note here: Teams are not allowed to sign temporary substitute players. Once a player on the roster has been replaced by a substitute -- no matter when that substitution occurs -- he is ineligible for the rest of the season.

Here’s some more info on it, looks like Crawford is eligible to be signed and play in the playoffs...

There are only a few restrictions on the substitute player pool until Aug. 14: A player must not have been under contract with a team outside of the U.S. during the 2019-20 season, and he must not have been waived after March 1. That keeps players such as DeMarcus Cousins, Jamal Crawford, Gerald Green and Isaiah Thomas in play as substitute options.

Any player signed as a substitute will be paid a prorated minimum contract equal to 20 days of salary. For example, JR Smith will earn $289,803 with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Once the play-in games and/or playoffs begin after Aug. 14, only players with zero to three years of service are eligible to be signed as replacement players. That pool of players includes Dragan Bender, Jemerrio Jones, Jonah Bolden, Tyrone Wallace, Henry Ellensonand Amile Jefferson. However, Isaiah Hartenstein and Allonzo Trier are not eligible because they were waived after March 1.

One more important note here: Teams are not allowed to sign temporary substitute players. Once a player on the roster has been replaced by a substitute -- no matter when that substitution occurs -- he is ineligible for the rest of the season.

just baffles me a team hasn’t picked him up. maybe he only has interest in west coast teams but he’d be a great fit for the Sixers imo who need help stretching the floor and he could even give Simmons a break from running the point.

You posted the rule and players but the situation was gerald green with houston a few days ago, morey complained

You posted the rule and players but the situation was gerald green with houston a few days ago, morey complained

Is that who it was? I couldn’t remember and couldn’t find what I read but posted the other blurb from a different article.

I just looked up Green and that’s not the situation I was thinking of. Green’s situation was different because Houston traded him which is why he wasn’t able to be signed again by them.

Lowry dropped some weight

Marc gasol dropped a lotta weight, gasol could be a big help against most teams, but I wonder if it hurts them vs philly, he is one of the guys that's given jojo a lotta trouble

It wasn’t Green...

Must have been different stories then, this is one I meant

It may have been Crawford (and anyone else in his situation) I was thinking about from the article I read. I say that because it was initially only players who were on an NBA contract this season at some point who were eligible...but that has been changed to include last season as well.

Still doesn’t explain the eligible to play in the play in games but not the playoffs, but maybe I’m just crazy and making stuff up I thought I read, lol.

It may have been Crawford (and anyone else in his situation) I was thinking about from the article I read. I say that because it was initially only players who were on an NBA contract this season at some point who were eligible...but that has been changed to include last season as well.

Still doesn’t explain the eligible to play in the play in games but not the playoffs, but maybe I’m just crazy and making stuff up I thought I read, lol.
Its weird, also dumb

Its clearly a once in a lifetime situation, just let em play anyone whos willing, no ones gonna go there to have no chance at a title even if they make playoffs

Just seems nba and mlb making it so hard on themselves

Yet somehow nhl just came up with return go play and extended their cba for 6 years

Its weird, also dumb

Its clearly a once in a lifetime situation, just let em play anyone whos willing, no ones gonna go there to have no chance at a title even if they make playoffs

Just seems nba and mlb making it so hard on themselves

Yet somehow nhl just came up with return go play and extended their cba for 6 years

The NHL is equally dumb though, maybe for other reasons. First off, having the draft lottery before the playoff teams were set was the dumbest thing they could have possibly done. It was unnecessary and couldn’t have turned out worse. Second, it’s still taken FOREVER to get back on the ice, there’s just no way it should have taken as long as it did. They don’t get too much credit for being the tallest midget, they’re still a midget.

Back