• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Ohio State will smack clemson right upside the temple

If outgaining your opponent meant anything, Nebraska would have been 9 and 3. It doesn't. The game is all about finishing drives and not turning the ball over.

I need to notify my bookies that I should get paid for all the games my team had more yards or I still like a stubborn ass thought I was on “right side”,? Lmfao

Came down to QB at the end, as it does in so many close games. Lawrence > Fields and that isn't even a knock on Fields
Not a Lawrence fan but he did work last night. That td run was impressive.

I for one think the officiating hurt OSU in that game.

-The targeting rule really needs to be looked at. By rule it was targeting but you can't do anything about an offensive guy dipping into a hit and a defender should not be ejected for it.

-It was a catch and fumble. And even if you don't agree with it, there is no way the call should have been OVERTURNED by indisputable evidence.

-No one is talking about this either...

I think those were the only bad calls take it. I agree there was no intent for targeting and that really changed the game. Also the whole “football move” needs to be revisited as you alluded too. And in case the tosu peeps saw otherwise, I had a tosu ticket last night

And Clemson is a great team. They kept their head in the game when they were behind while OSU didn't take care of business. I HATE the play call on the INT to end the game. They were moving it down the field with ease - why go for it all (without broken coverage) and leave a minute on the clock for Clemson to get in field goal position? Just dumb.

I think LSU is beating either of those teams though.

I think those were the only bad calls take it. I agree there was no intent for targeting and that really changed the game. Also the whole “football move” needs to be revisited as you alluded too. And in case the tosu peeps saw otherwise, I had a tosu ticket last night

All 3 of those were HUGE penalties and accounted for 14 points for Clemson and a loss of 7 points for OSU. Game changing calls.

All 3 of those were HUGE penalties and accounted for 14 points for Clemson and a loss of 7 points for OSU. Game changing calls.
I mean tosu also shot themselves in the foot.. I believe roughing the kicker led to points right? Tosu settled for 3 fg’s and only the evil empire patriots win on fg’s lately

-The targeting rule really needs to be looked at. By rule it was targeting but you can't do anything about an offensive guy dipping into a hit and a defender should not be ejected for it.

-It was a catch and fumble. And even if you don't agree with it, there is no way the call should have been OVERTURNED by indisputable evidence.

That is why he is in the booth now, because what is the definition of driving through? Does Terry mean for a player to pick up and body slam him? OSU playerhit the living crap out of the punter. No doubt that was a 15 and not a 5 penalty.

Targeting was just awful. Goes against all of football for a blitzer to be given a green light at the qb and be penalized.
Scoop n Score, he never put the ball away. They could have called the tuck rule rather than the "athletic move" requirement.(this is sarcasm)

Trader did say he thought the OSU line would dominate the Tigers Dline and they pretty much did. The defensive changes in the second half took care of that , but they still had to make those changes because of the line play.
All things considered, OSU could have buried them in the first half and had a tremendous oppo to win in the end.

I mean tosu also shot themselves in the foot.. I believe roughing the kicker led to points right? Tosu settled for 3 fg’s and only the evil empire patriots win on fg’s lately

The roughing did lead to points. But if it was called running into they would have not gotten the 1st down and would have still punted.

I'm not saying that OSU did not take care of business but those calls hurt too.

The roughing did lead to points. But if it was called running into they would have not gotten the 1st down and would have still punted.

I'm not saying that OSU did not take care of business but those calls hurt too.
Believe it was 4 and 5 so the 5 makes it a first down no?

That is why he is in the booth now, because what is the definition of driving through? Does Terry mean for a player to pick up and body slam him? OSU playerhit the living crap out of the punter. No doubt that was a 15 and not a 5 penalty.

I didn't even pay attention to it TBH because the guy ended up on the ground. Just an interesting take. I know you think all those calls were good and we can agree to disagree.

I guess for me is that the narrative makes it like this game was a blow out cause of penalties when in fact they had a lead with 2 minutes left and even had a shot to win it after giving up a lead. Unless people are believing the flip and saying if the penalties didn’t happen tosu is blowing out clemson??

tOSU had every opportunity to blow out Clemson. Clemson's defense showed up in the 1H. That is the difference between the 2 games yesterday. Oklahoma gave up TDs, Clemson gave up FGs. Folks can point out Lawrence ducked but regardless is that it was targeting by the rule, it was the right call end of the day.

tOSU could have put the game away in the 1H, they could have locked up on defense at the end and they didn't on either front. I grasp those calls aided Clemson in winning but let's pretend Oklahoma held LSU to 3 FGs and that clear PI call was made and they put up a TD. That game could have been 14-13 OU. Who knows how the team reacts when in it versus blown out in the 1Q.

Calls and breaks are part of the game and what cannot be taken away is Clemson's defense in that 1H kept the team in the game, while tOSU could not put away Clemson. They had several opportunities to where a targeting would not have mattered.

tOSU had every opportunity to blow out Clemson. Clemson's defense showed up in the 1H. That is the difference between the 2 games yesterday. Oklahoma gave up TDs, Clemson gave up FGs. Folks can point out Lawrence ducked but regardless is that it was targeting by the rule, it was the right call end of the day.

tOSU could have put the game away in the 1H, they could have locked up on defense at the end and they didn't on either front. I grasp those calls aided Clemson in winning but let's pretend Oklahoma held LSU to 3 FGs and that clear PI call was made and they put up a TD. That game could have been 14-13 OU. Who knows how the team reacts when in it versus blown out in the 1Q.

Calls and breaks are part of the game and what cannot be taken away is Clemson's defense in that 1H kept the team in the game, while tOSU could not put away Clemson. They had several opportunities to where a targeting would not have mattered.

I agree that OSU didn't take care of business. I said to mrtake in the first half that field goals were not going to win the game. It just sucks when you have a few game changing calls that affect the game. Google "officiating in OSU game" and "officiating in LSU game" and look at the number of results. This just shows there is controversy in the calls that were made. You could argue for either side all day long, but the fact is that there shouldn't be a need for this much to argue about after a game.

Last edited:
I agree that OSU didn't take care of business. I said to mrtake in the first half that field goals were not going to win the game. It just sucks when you have a few game changing calls that affect the game too. Google "officiating in OSU game" and "officiating in LSU game" and look at the number of results. This just shows there is controversy in the calls that were made. You could argue for either side all day long, but the fact is that there shouldn't be a need for this much to argue about after a game.
Yup

Especially considering he was under his kicking leg and ran into his plant leg. That is a 15 yarder every single time.

Clemson is a better team. Ohio St had the chance to finish them in the 1h and took FGs instead. This isn’t Wisconsin
JMO, but I'd disagree here purely from a talent perspective. Huge coaching edge to Clemson though.

I left watching that game yesterday thinking OSU's defense is far more talented that Clemson's. I don't see anyone stopping the LSU train, but OSU would've had a much better shot at it than Clemson will. Especially on the back end.

Hats off to Clemson for making the plays when it counted though. Dobbins getting his ankle cranked on the bottom of the pile was the biggest factor. Without that, I think OSU survives. But that's why you play 4 quarters.

Despite the TD drop Dobbins was the best player on the field while healthy. Had he stayed as such OSU wins the game. No one can convince me otherwise.

I've not re-watched the footage of his ankle getting twisted about. Don't know if it was cheap or not. Regardless, he was a shell of himself after the injury.

I 1000% agree. I am almost shocked that the call on the field was overturned. and I am not a person who complains much about officiating and especially replay officiating

Osu fans complaining about calls is a beautiful thing. See how it feels? Like shit, right?

#2 vs #3...

One team plays better than the other...squanders opportunities and bitches about calls after the game and has the coach have a press conference questioning the officials...

Very very ODD that OSU is fine with this...

In November 2016 they thought it was asinine.

Bummer :)

Fwiw...

said it before...OSU was the better team last night...not by a lot but better...

LSU has to be happy facing Clemson vs OSU...again...not by much...but there are a few match ups defense vs offense I liked more...

Thx for the entertaining thread trader joe about UM/JH/Clemsin/Osu.

Cheers!

Clemson should have never won the game but many thanks to the officials they made it possible.

Report: College football's officiating coordinator says Ohio State's fumble return TD shouldn't have been overturned
Report: College football's officiating coordinator says Ohio State's fumble return TD shouldn't have been overturned
That was the one call that went against them that they definitely can question.

With that being said, the law of averages... was bound to even out a bit...

Salty Michigan fans making 3am posts. :breakdance:

118 points in 2 games.
Not salty at all....

The irony from 2016 and everything said when officials decided an outcome vs two nights ago.

It is pretty hilarious to be honest.

As a journalist yourself you have to be embarrassed by the OSU media and their behavior, right?

Not salty at all....

The irony from 2016 and everything said when officials decided an outcome vs two nights ago.

It is pretty hilarious to be honest.

As a journalist yourself you have to be embarrassed by the OSU media and their behavior, right?

I haven't read a word anyone has written about this game....Wait, you mean when JT clearly got that first down?

I haven't read a word anyone has written about this game....Wait, you mean when JT clearly got that first down?
You realize that isn't the thing about that game, right?

It was the 10 or so other calls in that game...including the hold on 3rd down the play before.

It was Ohio officials, some who had already been suspended in the Big 10 that officiated that game. No one is stupid, they know what happened that day.

Now, just like OSU two days ago... UM that day should have never let it be down to the end...they could of had a bigger lead.

It is what it is... it started with the mugging on the first play that day...it continued with the 1 holding all day on an o-line that gave up 7-8 sacks... and commenced on the 3rd down before the JT play with the holding in the open field. Anyone with a brain could see that... the whole 'JT shot thing is 50/50. I seen the photo shopped versions from both sides... whatever...it was your hometown boys whistling the game well before that...

Anyways, that is my last post in this ridiculous thread.

You read the initial posts in here by TJ, right? The thread about OSU and Clemson where he started discussing Michigan recruiting/JH and the Michigan WR's?

That is the whole joke of it all...

I think this thread has went flying off the tracks...I'll let y'all have at it.

Back