• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

November 4th through 10th Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Opening week is done... ;)

I hate mondays...but some quick thoughts...

-Thomas starting for the Wiz tonight

-Houston after their 'hangover' goes to Memphis. This has been an interesting trip for them. I wouldn't lay it, tonight, despite it being Memphis

-Can Milwaukee get up for another game?

-Suns and Sixers is a fun one.

-Nets and Pels total got hit pretty hard

-Crooklyn heads out on a long trip after this game

Tuesday. At first glance. Someone talk me off.
CLE +7 (was 5.5 up to 6.5 now 6)
IND -2.5
LAL -7 (-7.5 some places)
OKC -3 (was -3.5 now -2.5)
MIA +5 (4.5 some places)

Good question. You have to figure some is coming soon.
Yea figured with Miami/Toronto on deck we might see some rest after long game with Dallas and the Spurs. Figure they want to keep Bron Bron and AD fresh for what looks to be a long season for them.

Yea figured with Miami/Toronto on deck we might see some rest after long game with Dallas and the Spurs. Figure they want to keep Bron Bron and AD fresh for what looks to be a long season for them.
It makes sense (even though I despise 'rest'). Bron has been all world lately but I saw him tire in the early 4th quarter in first few games. I think him playing 70 games injury free is ideal. Davis will miss 10-15 games as is with a pinky injury or something.

It makes sense (even though I despise 'rest'). Bron has been all world lately but I saw him tire in the early 4th quarter in first few games. I think him playing 70 games injury free is ideal. Davis will miss 10-15 games as is with a pinky injury or something.
Yep, Dallas OT was vintage Bron but haven’t seen that in a while tbh

like Miami a bit tonight.
Same here — if they can maintain their recent level of play, and the Nuggets maintain their recent level of play, the mia should dominate, at least in the first half...

Wish it was a better team than Indy coming into Charlotte who I think is an awful 3-3 squad.

They'll still be a play though.

Shitty card.

Bulls a play on principle if you're brave enough.

A CLASSIC FULL BLOWN PUSH ME OVER WITH A FEATHER FADE PLAY.

Gonna sit on some spreads for now.

Seem to have a lot of borderline plays in all sports
Boston in hockey would be great but a lot of fatigue. Still may play them
Dallas also interesting

There was a fixed game tonight in Charlotte. Take a look at the final foul call and the FT disparity.

Just like Warriors last night

37-7 FTs in Charlotte. And final 4 points all bs fouls from the line for Charlotte.

these lackluster small market teams can’t afford to come out 1-15 like their talent suggest. They get propped up to .500 ball for the first month or so to get people and ticket sales engaged. No need to fix shit teams in bigger markets or with legit followings.

There was a fixed game tonight in Charlotte. Take a look at the final foul call and the FT disparity.

Just like Warriors last night
Warriors SEVERELY outplayed Portland last night. That was no fix.. they busted their asses.

Is Kawhi resting again?
Nevermind, he is. Man c'mon... He has played 6 games in 17 days before today. Yes it's a b2b but it's a home b2b. Then they have 3 days off. He'll end up playing 1 game in 8 days if he plays tomorrow.

Warriors SEVERELY outplayed Portland last night. That was no fix.. they busted their asses.

I didn't see 1 minute of that game so maybe I shouldn't have commented. I just don't see how a team can shoot 19 more times and get beat FTA 36 to 14 without some help. Warriors' need to keep that arena full. Even if the message is come watch these G league guys work their butts off.

But I did see the entire Pacers' game and man what a crime but it was so obvious. Foster was up to his ways. Just criminal.

There has to be something wrong with Leonard that he's incapable of playing basketball on a nightly basis.

I mean I think this is the 3rd primetime game he's missed?

Rockets should win by 100 if they wanted too....

I didn't see 1 minute of that game so maybe I shouldn't have commented. I just don't see how a team can shoot 19 more times and get beat FTA 36 to 14 without some help. Warriors' need to keep that arena full. Even if the message is come watch these G league guys work their butts off.

But I did see the entire Pacers' game and man what a crime but it was so obvious. Foster was up to his ways. Just criminal.

14 of those FT's were in last 2:22 when Portland was extending the game.

4 of those were in last 48 seconds of the 3rd...both around mid court with asinine pressure on Lee. Warriors were in bonus and Portland made two stupid decisions.

So, basically FT's were 18-14 otherwise.

There has to be something wrong with Leonard that he's incapable of playing basketball on a nightly basis.

I mean I think this is the 3rd primetime game he's missed?

Rockets should win by 100 if they wanted too....
2nd one this year.

This is making me assume he'll be at 55-60 games tops this year. I was expecting him to play a bit more in November with PG out.

He played 60 last year, but I figured some of that was coming off the injury. I know he didn't want to play every game...hence why I was 'hoping' he'd play around 68-70 this year. I guess not.

As far as Houston... they had a few barn burners on the East Coast.... got all fucked up on South Beach and came back with a a solid win in Memphis. This feels like a lazy game for them... but the Warriors are in a bad spot. At some point this bunch will just get obliterated.

I'll say as well... they don't win that game vs Portland if Deangelo had played. That is no knock on him, fwiw.

Flippers taking the Raptors approach and keeping the dude fresh for the postseason...

In November, GTFOH.

Could understand limiting his minutes but to sit him out is entirely is a disservice to the league and fans.

Flippers have basically removed some of the motivation for the Mucks to win tonight.

I am sure it was discussed but I feel I missed it in the last year+..

When/why did the NBA start allowing this 'load management' crap? I mean, just in the middle of this decade the Spurs were getting fined for resting players etc. I remember the NBA coming out against it. I understand it isn't easy to police it but some of this is a bit out of control. I get guys like LeTaco and Leonard that have played deep into the postseason for years getting some rest. I would think it would happen maybe 7-8 times during a year, tops, and at a point when the schedule is grueling. In this instance he is basically off every day but one for over a week.

Back