• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Norm Chow fired

Titans should go get Greg Davis and Texas grab Chow. Only thing Davis was good for was building a great offense with VY.

This is surprising to me, though I suppose there must have been something going on with him and VY that just wasn't working.

Tough break for that guy right now, as if it could have happened a little sooner he might have been able to get the Hawaii job if he wanted it.

I still think he can find an OC job in the pros, though. Can't see it in Atlanta, however, unless they blow up that staff somewhat. They seem to be a pretty tight-knit group.

he has a house in manhattan beach where his wife lives, he hates pete carroll and he prefers the college game to the nfl.

come on down to westwood norm:prayer

Who cares. UCLA doesnt have any playmakers and VY was a one trick pony in college, albeit an exceptional one. Chow should just go to Hawaii, build a DECENT at best program and ride off into the sunset. Makes sense to me. WHy would he want to come to UCLA to be an OC at the JV team of Los Angeles. Cause until Cheerleader Pete leaves SC, UCLA will always be playing 2nd fiddle...

xXx

well the firing shouldn't come too much as a suprise internally. Chow's play calling didn't really fit in to what VY wanted. There have been times this season that VY has questioned Chow's decisions. VY is a playmaker, Chow didn't really see it and so what do the Titan's do, they make the playmaker happy and find someone who can assist/accommodate him.

Not to defend Chow, or VY really, but exactly what playmakers did either of those two have this year? The Whale?

This whole year Tennessee took a big talent step back, assumedly so they could make a big jump next year either through free agency or whatever, but frankly it was a pretty solid testament to their coaching staff that they even got to the playoffs at all with that roster.

Who cares. UCLA doesnt have any playmakers and VY was a one trick pony in college, albeit an exceptional one. Chow should just go to Hawaii, build a DECENT at best program and ride off into the sunset. Makes sense to me. WHy would he want to come to UCLA to be an OC at the JV team of Los Angeles. Cause until Cheerleader Pete leaves SC, UCLA will always be playing 2nd fiddle...

xXx

One trick pony? That must be aggie for making the Pro Bowl.

Neuheisel calls his own plays, doesn't he? He is an offensive coordinator himself essentially. Why do people think he is going to UCLA? Just because it's Cali or West Coast? Better concrete reasons please.

This was posted in another forum I read:

Heard on ESPN Radio (on a local show from the Portland affiliate) yesterday that Chow didn't want Vince during the '06 draft. Chow also apparently said "good luck" in his departing remarks, which may or may not have been a swipe at the next O-coordinator's chances of making a QB out of Vince. Also heard that Chow was a "hard ass" and difficult to get along with.

I think Chow's offense is not for Young and I think both sides just wanted to go their separate ways. Makes sense. Let's not forget people were saying that while he was at USC that he was arguably the best offensive coordinator in the country and directing the greatest offense EVER possibly. The guy can get a job in college anywhere if he wants too.

There's a reason Chow has never landed a big time college job and it's not because his coaching ability. As Goopster noted the guy is a prick and a terrible interview.

Neuheisel calls his own plays, doesn't he? He is an offensive coordinator himself essentially. Why do people think he is going to UCLA? Just because it's Cali or West Coast? Better concrete reasons please.

he did at washington, but he knows Chow is way too good to pass up, so Neu could just coach the QB's rather than run the entire offense.

Chow carries a lot of clout in LA. Everyone saw what he did with that sc offense. It would be a huge deal.

The quotes coming out making it sound like he wants to take some time off to spend with his wife, so if he decides to work anywhere this season, its going to be at UCLA. Its a good fit.

I'm indifferent. I'd be happy with Neu's offense. But if Chow is down, there is no reason not to hire him.

VY only getting 300 rushing yards is criminal. that and the fact the Titans spent no money in the offseason this past year on offense.

The best WRs were Roydell Williams and Brandon Jones. Who?

The TE Scaife wasn't even the best TE while he played at Texas.

The fullback Ahmard Hall was a walkon at Texas.

The RB White is a huge lard ass.

I love Vince but damn the Titans games were just so damn boring to watch.

He's still a lard ass. I'd have a 1000 yards to if I was given the ball 25-30 times a game. He avg 3.7 ypc and can't break any long runs.

When the Titans took Young, I told several friends that Norm Chow was already fired. He just didn't know it yet. You can't run Chow's offense in the pro's with Vince Young. Young is an incredible athlete, but a below average NFL QB. He always will be.

If the Titans are going to go with him, they need a gameplan that uses his athletic ability and doesn't rely on him to throw the ball more than 20 times a game.

When the Titans took Young, I told several friends that Norm Chow was already fired. He just didn't know it yet. You can't run Chow's offense in the pro's with Vince Young. Young is an incredible athlete, but a below average NFL QB. He always will be.

If the Titans are going to go with him, they need a gameplan that uses his athletic ability and doesn't rely on him to throw the ball more than 20 times a game.

And that's unlikely it seems. Look how many coordinators went through Michael Vick.

So below average QB's make the pro bowl? How many of these below average QB's made the pro bowl in their rookie year? Let me know when the facts are too much for your brain to bear.

So below average QB's make the pro bowl? How many of these below average QB's made the pro bowl in their rookie year? Let me know when the facts are too much for your brain to bear.

Vince Young regressed his sophomore year. That is a fact.

VY will never be a good NFL QB, it don't matter how you use him. He will never throw more TD's than Picks and his accuracy is terrible. Anyone remeber T-Martin? Its Vince Young on steriods. Dude is also a complete dumbshit, what he get on the wonderlick a 4?:36_11_6:

VY will never be a good NFL QB, it don't matter how you use him. He will never throw more TD's than Picks and his accuracy is terrible. Anyone remeber T-Martin? Its Vince Young on steriods. Dude is also a complete dumbshit, what he get on the wonderlick a 4?:36_11_6:

Marino also did very shitty on his Wonderlic test.

Back