• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NHL season

guaranteeed

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Meant to do yesterday, but done a bit of tinkering and for at least the first q of the season, i would tier teams like this, always gonna depend on starting keeper, value of the line, rest situation etc. But all thinks equal on a neutral sheet

Tampa
Winnipeg
Nashville

Columbus
Toronto
San Jose

Boston

Pittsburgh
Florida
Anaheim
Vegas

Philly
Washington
St.Louis
Minnesota
Carolina

Dallas
Edmonton
Calgary

LA
Colorado
Arizona
Chicago

Buffalo
New Jersey
Islanders
Rangers

Montreal
Vancouver
Detroit
Ottawa

A couple teams id consider more volatile than others

Edmonton im higher on than most projections i see, i do think they found something with RNH on mcdavids wing the last month of the season, allowing draisatl to lead the 2nd line, puuljarvi looks like he may have taken the leap too, remember in the lead up to that draft lots of people had him ahead of laine until the last month or so before june

Vegas, i thought after last year they would fall back a lot, but bringing in stasty and patches is like bringing in a low level top line, really can help offset the expected shooting percentage regression in karllson, thay being said, wouldnt be a big surprise if fluery has a below average year if they fall further back

If Carolina gets decent goaltending they might go up a lot, they have a great defense, and some real solid young forwards, if one of necas or svech produces that really makes a difference

Arizona and buffalo are getting a lot of hype, i would be less surprised if arizona made the playoffs, but i really think buffalo another year away, their defense is/was really bad, and as good as dahlin is, 1st year d man not a huge track record of success, a good season for him is like 30 points and sheltered minutes

Ottawa i have last, the suck, but they also cant tank, cause colorado has their 1st this year, so i dont know what they can do.... duchesene and stone are both 99% gone as ufas in 9 months, so you have to trade them, but they might be dumb enough to try and pick up vets to help them now to avoid looking really dumb at the lotto

Also this is always subject to looking real bad, id guess in 2 months at least a few teams are 10 spots up or down

The middle has so much variability, but i think the top 7 and bottom 4 are pretty set barring injuries

I think you should move the Capitals UP after what I saw vs the Bruins their 1st game. see HOW they do B2B @ Pittsburgh tomorrow BUT, right now, look like "The BEAST of the EAST"

Ya i had factored in a bit of a regression and early let down, but they looked absolutely fire tonight

Really impressed

Back