• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NFL X Discussion

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Figure there should be a thread for all of the pre-season. I find the X easier to cap than most other sports.

Tonight.

Who are the Cowboys QBs after Dak? 49ers should win easily here.

Who are these Eagles QBs if their 1-2 are being held out? I was impressed with Dobbs last X and Landry Jones is decent, enough. Good plus money there.

Browns need to win. There's a reason why Webb never started last year vs. Geno, it's because he's trash.

Ravens, good info on this board about this one.

Bills, like the QB depth. Like it, a lot.

The Bengals have some of the worst backups in the league....

Bears were decent last week. Expect a win here.

49ers ML 2x
Pitt +3 ML
Browns PK
Ravens -3 ML
Bills -3 ML

QB DEPTH CHARTS - NOT ALWAYS PLAYING ORDER

DALLAS COWBOYS

QB1 D.PRESCOTT

QB2 C.RUSH

QB3 D.STRUM

QB4 M.WHITE

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

QB1 J.GAROPPOLO

QB2 C.BETHARD

QB3 N.MULLENS

QB4 J.HENEGHAN

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

QB1 B.ROETHLISBERGER

QB2 L.JONES

QB3 J.DOBBS

QB4 M.RUDOLPH

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

QB1 C.WENTZ

QB2 N.FOLES

QB3 N.SUDFELD

QB4 J.CALLAHAN

CAROLINA PANTHERS

QB1 C.NEWTON

QB2 G.GILBERT

QB3 T.HEINICKE

BUFFALO BILLS

QB1 A.MCCARRON

QB2 N.PETERMAN

QB3 J.ALLEN

CAROLINA PANTHERS

QB1 C.NEWTON

QB2 G.GILBERT

QB3 T.HEINICKE

BUFFALO BILLS

QB1 A.MCCARRON

QB2 N.PETERMAN

QB3 J.ALLEN

McCarron & Peterman with good NFL experience...

Ihave U35 in Browns, U 35 n Cows/9ers, Panthers +3 and U 34.5 n Titans.

Little danny touching himself over Mayfield? God's gift to qb's since RGIII?

Threw a half on Pitt ML. Everything sans Bears looks good early and they're in it. Let's just hope the backups keep their respective leads...

Straight sides... Wrong on Buffalo & Chicago. Both had chances. Right on Ravens, Browns, 9ers, Steelers, & Colts.

Tonight agree with others that the Jets are just deeper where it matters for preseason. Not sure about late game.

Jets was an easy one.

Thoughts for tonight? If the Vikings give Simeon an extended up that's a starting level QB vs what should be Chad Kelly.

In the late one I have to lean Cardinals. No faith in Geno and certainly no confidence in the former wife beating university QB.

A very good team’s preseason opener on the road, with very few meaningful roster battles except for way down the depth chart. They’re also installing the new offense with a new OC, expect it to be choppy especially in altitude this early.

I only played browns week 1 but glad to see the thread. Long as we can get qb rotations I do find it somewhat easy to do some winning, normally I like totals more as sometimes hard to pick winners when most not interested in outcome, but when you find exceptions like browns there monies to be had!!

Right or wrong I’ve always perceived preseason week 1 as low scoring. That certainly wasn’t the case this year. Any thoughts on reasons behind it?

Right or wrong I’ve always perceived preseason week 1 as low scoring. That certainly wasn’t the case this year. Any thoughts on reasons behind it?

New rules changes extending drives.

QB battles.

Vanilla defenses.

I tried chasing 2 2nd H unders and lost both.

Rams Ravens.. RG III throws a bomb to Perriman to hit 17 (was 16.5)

Vikes broncos under 17 was toast .. they threw up a grip again in 2H after high ass 1H

Vikes broncos under 17 was toast .. they threw up a grip again in 2H after high ass 1H

Luckily I didn’t play any or I’d have been in same boat. Just loved browns so was my only play..

Obviously rule changes have made a scoring a joke. Just didn’t expect it to effect preseason.. I do look for situations for overs where we have legit qbs trying to win jobs or show off for next team..

Bee were you a mayfield believer or hater like me? lol

Ravens always a good preseason bet. Harbaugh likes to win meaningless games!! Have to say Lamar gonna make me look at overs as he looking to show his stuff, could lead to points for either team!! Lol

Luckily I didn’t play any or I’d have been in same boat. Just loved browns so was my only play..

Obviously rule changes have made a scoring a joke. Just didn’t expect it to effect preseason.. I do look for situations for overs where we have legit qbs trying to win jobs or show off for next team..

Bee were you a mayfield believer or hater like me? lol

Was a non believer. Now I’m on the fence. But it’s still only pre season. He’s not playing against teams #1’s so until then we really can’t say boom or bust. He’s got heart for sure.

Was a non believer. Now I’m on the fence. But it’s still only pre season. He’s not playing against teams #1’s so until then we really can’t say boom or bust. He’s got heart for sure.

Oh trust me I’m not anointing him, I screamed bust all up to and after draft. Not basing anything off that last Game, I’ve just seen and heard enough to admit I think I was at very least too harsh! Lol

I’d rather he fell on his face so we be right! I argued quite a bit with the believers round here!! Lol. Plenty man enough to handle being wrong but still rather be right!! Lol

Foles & Brady expected to play tonight. After that it's Hoyer vs. several scrubs for the Eagles. Patriots stormed back after trailing vs. Washington last week. Lean Pats.

Jets - see raems thread. 3 competent starters. McCoy is capable but will be playing with no ones.

Packers - I think the Steelers appeared beastly vs. awful Eagles' QBs last week. Kizer and Hundley are quality backups capable of scoring. OVER worth a look?

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

QB1 C.WENTZ - OUT Thursday vs New England
QB2 N.FOLES - probable Thursday vs New England
QB3 N.SUDFELD
QB4 J.CALLAHAN

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

QB1 T.BRADY
QB2 B.HOYER
QB3 D.ETLING

Washington- Most starters likely to play at least 1st quarter

NEW YORK JETS

QB1 J.MCCOWN
QB2 S.DARNOLD - expected to start Thursday vs Washington
QB3 T.BRIDGEWATER

WASHINGTON REDSKINS- Most starters likely to play at least 1st quarter

QB1 A.SMITH
QB2 C.MCCOY
QB3 K.HOGAN

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

QB1 B.ROETHLISBERGER - OUT Thursday vs Green Bay
QB2 L.JONES - OUT Thursday vs Green Bay
QB3 J.DOBBS
QB4 M.RUDOLPH

GREEN BAY PACKERS

QB1 A.RODGERS
QB2 B.HUNDLEY
QB3 D.KIZER
QB4 T.BOYLE

Let’s keep the good info and picks coming...

Giants look like the worst team for the pre season. Although I don’t trust Matt Cassel to do much.

Browns should destroy Bills. Allen is up and down and that Bills D late was awful vs Carolina.

Falcons have 0 interest in the pre season and have horrible backups.

Think Rosen is a bust and will play his way into an easy NOLA win.

I grabbed Chiefs +3 earlier this week now seeing -2.

Eerily similar to Jets last night when I grabbed them +2 and pushed versus the pK or -1 I saw throughout the day yesterday. Jets would’ve covered everything if they didn’t get stonewalled on the goal line. Oh well.

Back to the Chiefs vs Falcons.. Chiefs need to find rhythm and confidence for their QB and offense. Falcons just want to get through injury free. That was the logic before seeing all this steam on the Chiefs so hopefully no Vegas BS or shenanigans!

Took ATL +2 full game. Don't know who is playing for Falcons but Chiefs 2nd and 3rd units have blown some games in the preseason last couple of years. Took the points instead of +100 with the no OT thought. Hope Mahomes and co can get some rhythm going. O-line was miserable in 2 series against Houston last week.

Don Best SportsNY Giants vs Detroit Game InformationFriday, August 17

NEW YORK GIANTS
QB1 E.MANNING
QB2 D.WEBB
QB3 A.TANNEY
QB4 K.LAULETTA

DETROIT LIONS
QB1 M.STAFFORD
QB2 M.CASSELL
QB3 J.RUDOCK

Kansas City - Starters expected to play the 1st half

KANSAS CITY CHEIFS

QB1 P.MAHOLMES

QB2 C.HENNE

QB3 M.MCGLOIN

QB4 C.LITTON

ATLANTA FALCONS

QB1 M.RYAN

QB2 M.SCHAUB

QB3 G.GRAYSON

QB4 K.BENKERT

MIAMI DOLPHINS

QB1 R.TANNEHILL

QB2 B.OSWEILER

QB3 B.PETTY

QB4 D.FALES

CAROLINA PANTHERS

QB1 C.NEWTON

QB2 G.GILBERT

QB3 T.HEINICKE

BUFFALO BILLS

QB1 A.MCCARRON

QB2 N.PETERMAN

QB3 J.ALLEN

CLEVELAND BROWNS

QB1 T.TAYLOR

QB2 B.MAYFIELD

QB3 D.STANTON

QB4 B.ROBACK

ARIZONA CARDINALS

QB1 S.BRADFORD

QB2 M.GLENNON

QB3 J.ROSEN

QB4 C.KANOFF

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

QB1 D.BREES

QB2 T.SAVAGE

QB3 T.HILL

QB4 J.BARRETT

Pre-season always a crap shoot, but it would appear KC has more of a sense of urgency to get Mahomes some reps and play him behind their first string OL while Atl surely less interested and no real reason for Ryan and first stringers to play much more than a couple series.

Tell you what. Lions hired the worst qualified HC and I think they're in store for an awful year.

Under season bet tickets should cash by early December.

OAKLAND RAIDERS

QB1 D.CARR

QB2 C.COOK

QB3 E.MANUEL

LA RAMS

QB1 J.GOFF

QB2 S.MANNION

QB3 B.ALLEN

QB4 L.PEREZ

CINCINNATI BENGALS

QB1 A.DALTON

QB2 J.DRISKEL

QB3 M.BARKLEY

QB4 L.WOODSIDE

DALLAS COWBOYS

QB1 D.PRESCOTT

QB2 C.RUSH

QB3 D.STURM

QB4 M.WHITE

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

QB1 J.GAROPPOLO

QB2 C.BETHARD

QB3 N.MULLENS

QB4 J.HENEGHAN

HOUSTON TEXANS

QB1 D.WATSON

QB2 B.WEEDEN

QB3 J.WEBB

QB4 S.MORRIS

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

QB1 J.WINSTON

QB2 R.FITZPATRICK

QB3 R.GRIFFIN

QB4 A.ALLEN

TENNESSEE TITANS

QB1 M.MARIOTA

QB2 B.GABBERT

QB3 L.FALK

CHICAGO BEARS

QB1 M.TRUBISKY

QB2 C.DANIEL

QB3 T.BRAY

DENVER BRONCOS

QB1 C.KEENUM

QB2 P.LYNCH

QB3 C.KELLY

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

QB1 R.WILSON

QB2 A.DAVIS

QB3 A.MCGOUGH

LA CHARGERS

QB1 P.RIVERS

QB2 G.SMITH

QB3 C.JONES

QB4 N.SHIMONEK

I don't watch preseason, even the locals usually but watched last night first half. Quick takeaways, first string defense kinda got handled but forced 4 (?) turnovers, all by Taysum Hill I think which means zilch. Offensive line looks much improved, and while that doesn't take much, they were creating pockets for Bradford and Rosen. Didn't see much of that last year at all. Bradford looked good, Rosen looked like the stud I expected throwing ropes and the 3rd n goal from the 13 was a truly professional pass. Kirk at WR seems as though he'll be pretty sure handed. RB is loaded with DJ and the 4th round draft pick Edmonds, both continue to move defenders after contact. Guess I'll watch this team week 3 and cut ties, really only watched to see Rosen in the first place and he delivered, basically all throws where only his receiver could catch them. Nice quarter of play for some confidence.

Good stuff KJ.

There's no reason to overthink tonight. Ravens are a pre-season monster. Colts, not so much.

Jacoby is a quality backup, no doubt, but throwing to nobodies will make him look more like the QB who beat the Texans as a Patriot without completing a pass it felt like.

Lamar J in garbage time should seal the deal.

Took Browns last night and was lucky.

Some thoughts:

Jets first team offense was awful last week. Teddy almost saved the day. Giants are not a good preseason team but the worst team in the league, the Lions, made them look great.

Broncos 1st team can play with anyone in the X but after that awful. Skins should win.

Not enough info for Pats Panthers.

Bucs starting Q isn’t playing a snap but they’re still favored vs the worst team in football. Bucs and it won’t be close.

Don’t trust the Vikings. Right now they’re on schedule to be a complete mess Week 1 vs my Niners and a home loss is on the menu.

No Rodgers no problem. Packers 2 and 3 superior to anything Oakland can throw out there.

Took Browns last night and was lucky.

Some thoughts:

Jets first team offense was awful last week. Teddy almost saved the day. Giants are not a good preseason team but the worst team in the league, the Lions, made them look great.

Broncos 1st team can play with anyone in the X but after that awful. Skins should win.

Not enough info for Pats Panthers.

Bucs starting Q isn’t playing a snap but they’re still favored vs the worst team in football. Bucs and it won’t be close.

Don’t trust the Vikings. Right now they’re on schedule to be a complete mess Week 1 vs my Niners and a home loss is on the menu.

No Rodgers no problem. Packers 2 and 3 superior to anything Oakland can throw out there.

Like the points with gb. As long as they can stay close with the 1s out there, I see a cover or su win.

I’d lean jets, my guess is you get a lot of darnold and Teddy again. Doubt Barkley plays much for giants and obj is still not playing I don’t think. Eli prob gets the half then it’s Webb and the rookie.

NEW YORK GIANTS

QB1 E.MANNING

QB2 D.WEBB

QB3 A.TANNEY

QB4 K.LAULETTA

NEW YORK JETS - STARTERS EXPECTED TO PLAY FIRST HALF

QB1 J.MCCOWN

QB2 S.DARNOLD

QB3 T.BRIDGEWATER

DENVER BRONCOS