• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NFL Week 4

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
Last week was a great week of football. We learned that last years chargers and saints are not the same as last years. Farve and the packers are looking to make one last run. Them and the Cowboys seem to be early favorites in the NFC. Pitts Defense is for real. Tampa continues to make strides with Garcia and the helm. Rams are just horrible and it doesnt help Action Jackson may be out a week or 2. Denver and Wash may be over rated. Raiders run offense looks improved now 4th in the Nfl in rushing and have the #2 runner in the Nfl. and The falcons are looking to make a run at Brian Brohm. Lets hope for another great week in the nfl .....

NFL WEEK 4:

Raiders +4 and ML @ MIA - ok the big question will be if Culpepper will get a chance to start against the team that didnt believe in him and cut him in favor of Trent Green who has been shit this year imo. I think Dante is a huge upgrade in the passing game over Josh and he should get the nod but its not official. This game will be won on the running game. The raiders come in with the #2 running back in the Nfl Lamont Jordan and come in with the #4 rushing offense in the Nfl. Tom Cable is no joke at OL coach where ever he goes he has a top 5-10 running game. Raiders are averaging 159.3 yrds a game and Mia has been giving up 166.0 so Raiders should continue to pound the rock to set up some big play action plays. Raiders are 34-6-1 ATS in their last 41 games after accumulating more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.
Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.

Lions +3 and or ML vs Da Bears - ok this game is a little tricky the big thing about this is the benching of Sexy Rexy in favor of Griese and how injured the Bears defense is. If im correct 4-5 key defensive players for da bears got hurt sun night some big names like , Briggs , Harris , Vasher and others so that should be a big plus for the Lions Offense. Lions have some nice injuries also starting with their stud rookie WR and o-line. The Cowboys exploited an somewhat over rated pass defense in the bears and facing this Lions Offense shouldnt help. I look for Kitna to make some big plays and get up early and put the pressure on Griese to see what he can do. I see the Lions defense containing the bears offense who have really showed nothing , averaging 11 pts a game with 226 total yds a game. 11 pts is not gonna cut it against the high powered lions offense.
I look for Kitna and Lions to get their 1st win at home against the bears since 04'. Lions are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a home underdog.

Green Bay -2 @ Lake Minnetonka - Bret Farve in a Dome ? I have been riding the pack all year love their D and their young offense. This line -2 looks like a big trap but thats not gonna stop me from making a play on the packers. The big question in this game is what kind of QB play win Minny get who ever starts Holdcomb or Jackson. Minny played solid at arrowhead but their defense game up a late td drive, and then couldnt pull together a late drive for a fg for the tie and they had 2 chances. I think GB can clamp down on adrian peterson and Minny's run game, Holdcomb or jackson dont scare me not even their wideouts. So this game is gonna be on Farve and the young Offense vs a Top Defense imo in the Vikings. I think this is going to be a close game with green bay pulling away late. I just hope stays away from Darren Sharper because ever since he went to minny he own Farve lol. Im taking my chances on what might be the biggest public play. Packers are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.

Texans -3 @ Atl - Matt Shaub returns to Atlanta. This should be a huge game. I would love the texans that much more of they had their best player Andre Johnson but they dont. I still think Shaub will do just enough to prove to Atlanta they made a mistake on trading him. Texans looked decent last week but you can tell the loss of Andre hurt bigtime. Their defense continued to make strides and should have an easier week cuz they go from facing peyton and the Colts to Joey Harrington. The falcons are just bad averaging 10 pts a game and giving up 21. Joey did look good last week but the defense let him down especially the over rated CB Deagelo Fall. It doesnt help all the drama he cause during and after the game. This is another public play but im taking my chances an Matt Shaub making a statement against his former team. If the texans had Andre Johnson this would have been my biggest play this season so far. Texans are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
Texans are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games following a S.U. loss.

Zona +6 and ML vs Blitzburgh - Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm get a chance to show the Ronney's what they lost in coaches.

Chiefs +11.5 and ML @ SD - Ok i know everyone thinks the Chargers are due to turn it around and this and that but as Lee Corso will put it "Not so Fast my friend". How is this unravled chargers team favored by more than 11 pts to a divison rival ? I know Chiefs offense has been brutal averaging what 8.7 pts a game but if anyone watched the late go ahead drive by the chiefs at home last week you could see the offense start clicking. LJ was running the o-line was giving Huard time to get the ball to Gonzo and Bowe started to make an Impact the more playing time he got. The chiefs defense is improving I think Tamba Hali and Allen will rush Rivers all game long and force him into some mistakes. This Chargers team is gong down and fast and it all starts with HC Norv Turner. When he was the coach with the Raiders they had 3 different teams Offense , Defense and ST. The locker room was fucked up bad, It looks like the same thing is starting to happen in San Diego. Their offense has been to eratic the running game hasnt been their all year, one minute the Passing game looks good the next it looks like shit. It hasnt been consistant. The chargers defense is really over rated imo. Their seconday is weak, their Lb's took a big hit with the loss of Donnie Edwards now back on th Chiefs. and Jamal Williams and Castillo have been battling injuries. I look for Larry Johnson to get the run game going this week and see the Chiefs battling all game long keeping it close with a chance to win this game SU.
Chiefs are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 vs. AFC West.

Seahawks -2 @ Frisco - ok a couple things to factor in this game, Its for 1st place in the Nfc west , Darell Jackson plays against his former team for the 1st time and Seahawks wanting revenge to the 49ers who beat them both times last year. 1st off with the 49ers I really like how their defense is shaping up especially with the back 7 the one problem they seem to have is generating a pass rush but besides that they have been some what solid on the year. On their Offense they seemed to have regressed somewhat and you can blame that on the loss of Norv Turner who is a great OC but horrible HC. The 49ers just passing game just wont get going averaging 132 yds a game and it wont help that Vernon Davis is out with Injury. This also allowed the steelers defense to focus on shutting down Frank Gore frusterating him and sending the message for Alex Smith to beat them and he couldnt I expect the seahawks to do the same. So the main focus on this game will be on Hassellbeck and his offense vs the 49ers defense. I think if the Seahawks o-lne can hold off Sf's weak pass rush Hasselback will pick them apart. I know Shaun has been playing with an Injured wrist but im taking my chances on Hassellback having a great game and pulling out a win at Friso.
Seahawks are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games in September.

Bengals +7 and ML vs The Pats -

* need to look into more but leans on Bills ML , Gmen and Browns

* I think both Colts and cowboys roll but dont wanna lay all those pts if anything might do a teaser or ML parlay.

Throwback's Boxing Special Sep 29th:

Jermaine "Bad Intentions" Taylor -120

2007 NFL YTD:

ATS : 14-15-3 ( -4.10 units)

Underdog ML : 7-15 (+7.30 units)

2nd Half plays. 2-1 ( -.60 unit)

Last edited:
*will post official plays for early games in this post closer to game time or as i make them

nfl week 4:

Raiders +4 (2 units)
Packers -1 (1 unit)
Texans -2 -120 (1.5 units)
Lions +2 ( 1 unit)

nfl underdogs:

Raiders +175 (1.2 units to win 2 units)

parlay: Browns +4 and Bills ML ( .5 unit to win 2 units)

Last edited:
Dante is most likely the starter but Kiffin still wont make it official, but he should start...

McCown has fractured toe

Posted by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer on Wednesday at 2:42 pm
How deliberate is Lane Kiffin?
Toward the end of his session with the media Monday, he said McCown has a fractured toe _ and still maintained he needed more information before ruling him out of Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins.
Starting left end Derrick Burgess (calf) and left guard Robert Gallery (shoulder) got in "limited" work, Kiffin said, although neither was going through drills with teammates during the media window at the beginning of practice.
Translation? With the bye week coming up, you can probably safely rule out McCown and assume Daunte Culpepper will start. There's also the possibility Burgess and Gallery could be out as well, giving them two weeks to heal before facing San Diego after a week off.
More to come later . . .

Get your roll on .....

capt.b7709351c9bc449cac1e86b16e140805.raiders_dolphins_football_mds120.jpg

Oakland Raiders quarterback Daunte Culpepper points to the fans after scoring a touchdown against the Miami Dolphins in the fourth quarter of a football game in Miami, Sunday, Sept. 30, 2007. The Raiders won 35-17.

*this is mainly for my self tracking

nfl week 4 (1 game left mnf):

ATS: 5-1 (+5.8 units)

Underdog ml's: 3-0 (+9 units)

2nd half plays: 3-0 (+ 2 units)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on 2day: First off what a great week of nfl so far.On today's game we had alot of wild things. First I was dead on with the Raiders as they showed they would win buy running the ball as they got 299 yds running. Culpepper got his revenge as he got 5td's. The dolphins defense is so soft i was suprised. Their offense all they got is Ronnie Brown everyone else sucks or is average. I was also dead on with the Chiefs upset. I seen the exact same team i seen late in week 3, alot of people were suprised with the su win I was really wasnt. AFC west games are always tough. Bret Favre and the packers handled theirs on Favre record setting day, nothing special in that game. Now IMHO Bears win that game with Grossman. Kitna is 7 wins from looking like an Idiot to a genius lol. On my loss of the day I was dead wrong, the Texans blew up in a bad way, they just made so many mistakes and the Falcons played better and got their first win.

On the cards game They now have a QB debate. After Warner came in they started to click a little better as Warner comes back and beats the Steelers. I think The cards defense really won the game, they really are under rated. I bet Whisenhint and Grimm are getting drunk 2nite lol. Seahawks handled buisness and showed the young 49ers how its done. Nothing special besides Smith getting knocked out of the game. Bill won like I thought they would looks like Trent Edwards won the starting job. Browns pull a big suprise as they put a beatdown on the ravens, Jamal Lewis must have loved it.

On Philly I dont know why so many were high on this teams just because the went off on a sub par defense and all of a sudden they are a top ten team ? The Gmen went off n the eagles o-line. McNabb couldnt do a damn thing. Things could have been different if he had Westbrook, Lj Smith and a Healthy defense. Nothing really to say about th colts and cowboys as they continue to do what they do best win and cover the spread. For MNF I really like the Bengals to cover and have a chance at a SU Win. Im 4-0 on mnf hoping to make it 5-0.

your bengals ml bet is scaring me. i have a a teaser for a heftier bet of mine on ne -1/2.

this is a season altering game for cincy id say. but ne is the far superior team and really need to keep pace with indy. so just as meaningful for ne imo. also 9 dogs have covered and all 9 won outright. if 10 cover and 10 win outright its gotta be a record.

ill take the better team on the ml at reduced odds. guess we are colliding. hope cincy backdoors ne. :cheers:

Nice call on the Chiefs ML, stud :cheers:.

Was on a couple of these myself... what a great day!:tiphat:

your bengals ml bet is scaring me. i have a a teaser for a heftier bet of mine on ne -1/2.

this is a season altering game for cincy id say. but ne is the far superior team and really need to keep pace with indy. so just as meaningful for ne imo. also 9 dogs have covered and all 9 won outright. if 10 cover and 10 win outright its gotta be a record.

ill take the better team on the ml at reduced odds. guess we are colliding. hope cincy backdoors ne. :cheers:
yeah its a big game. Pats should win but Its the Bengals season imo. If they lose they are more than likely not gonna make the playoffs. Thats why I see value in the bengals ml. Its still not gonna be easy.

if you dont have ne as a -1/2 leg in a tease id take cincy ml and pts too. im still pondering if i should go for middle or just let er ride.

MNF:

Bengals +8 (2 units)

MNF Underdog ML:

Bengals +300 (.65 units to win 2 units)

*may add a little more b4 kickoff

fuck it :smiley_acbe:
I shouldve tailed ya tongiht .Im not sure about this game but do like the unda , played NE b/c i think they are the better team but , Cinncy could come to play and NE could be flat so taking chance but see the unda hitting either way .

I shouldve tailed ya tongiht .Im not sure about this game but do like the unda , played NE b/c i think they are the better team but , Cinncy could come to play and NE could be flat so taking chance but see the unda hitting either way .

I never really ever play totals on this game its The bengals biggest game huge, it kind of their season in a way. At home against one of the best teams on Primetime and they are getting +8 and +300, I will take that everytime

I never really ever play totals on this game its The bengals biggest game huge, it kind of their season in a way. At home against one of the best teams om Primetime and they are getting +8 and +300, I will take that everytime
Yeah I got a feeling Cinncy might do it ,But there Defense is soooooo shitty and everytime 85 opens his mouth or makes ass of himself they seem to loose. but well see i took NE small waiting for halftime to play more .BOL hope that ML does hit:cheers:

Yeah I got a feeling Cinncy might do it ,But there Defense is soooooo shitty and everytime 85 opens his mouth or makes ass of himself they seem to loose. but well see i took NE small waiting for halftime to play more .BOL hope that ML does hit:cheers:

thanks man

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD width=200>
img10350352.jpg
</TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=200>Chad Johnson let his apparel do the talking after his first '07 TD. (AP) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back