• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NBA Coaching Turnstile

Did he really get canned cuz team under performed in bubble madness? Or did they just get sick of each other? Is there really a better coach available that paid players will respect?

I would never work for that maniac clipper owner if I had a choice. I'd like to steal his money but work for that weirdo? Hell no.

Did he really get canned cuz team under performed in bubble madness? Or did they just get sick of each other? Is there really a better coach available that paid players will respect?

I would never work for that maniac clipper owner if I had a choice. I'd like to steal his money but work for that weirdo? Hell no.

He is a loser. All those Microsoft guys!

I like Doc. He is a good coach. The main question is, who can they bring? If it's Lue...
Cassel can be very interesting option - as I read, people say he should be good HC.
Not sure Balmer will agree to "small" name.
Toronto appear to hit jackpot with Nurse. Not sure Clips will manage the same and when you fire good coach... Won't be easy to find someone...
I would hire Cassel, if I'm Clips.

I like Doc. He is a good coach. The main question is, who can they bring? If it's Lue...
Cassel can be very interesting option - as I read, people say he should be good HC.
Not sure Balmer will agree to "small" name.
Toronto appear to hit jackpot with Nurse. Not sure Clips will manage the same and when you fire good coach... Won't be easy to find someone...
I would hire Cassel, if I'm Clips.

Agree to disagree, @divol

Doc is a horrible coach IMO. He was garbage until they got the big 3 in Boston. His act wore out in Orlando super fast and there's this tidbit...

Only one coach in NBA history has lost a 3-1 series lead more than once...Glenn "Doc" Rivers has done it THREE times.

Nurse is interesting , you gotta think Kawhi would approve of that . I can't imagine what Clips would have to offer Raps to let him go. I guess the the rest of their 1st round pics for the decade.

The thing about Ballmer , is he is all in now for a title. So , I don't think anything is off the table

Also, if the bubble title is fake as some have pointed out, why are all these coaches losing their jobs ?

Nurse is interesting , you gotta think Kawhi would approve of that . I can't imagine what Clips would have to offer Raps to let him go. I guess the the rest of their 1st round pics for the decade.

The thing about Ballmer , is he is all in now for a title. So , I don't think anything is off the table

Also, if the bubble title is fake as some have pointed out, why are all these coaches losing their jobs ?

I agree that it would take a boatload of picks to have the Barneys let Nurse go...only problem with that is the NBA won't let you trade first round picks more than every-other-year in an effort to prevent collusion/tanking. What is it...the Nets don't have a first round pick until 2026 or something crazy from the Pierce move? Not 100% positive but I know there's something in the rules about trading multiple first rounders...

Nurse just signed a long extension last week

Hes also team Canada hc

And even tho Toronto isn't a huge market like LA for basketball, its in that next group imo, and they are owned by same company that owns the leafs and also tfc, leafs alone means they print money

They dont skimp on any expense, so he has no reason to leave, especially if Giannis rumors are true

I agree that it would take a boatload of picks to have the Barneys let Nurse go...only problem with that is the NBA won't let you trade first round picks more than every-other-year in an effort to prevent collusion/tanking. What is it...the Nets don't have a first round pick until 2026 or something crazy from the Pierce move? Not 100% positive but I know there's something in the rules about trading multiple first rounders...
Yep, have to have one every other year, but they get around that by just offering pick swaps in the 2nd years, that's what Boston had from the nets

Nurse just signed a long extension last week

Hes also team Canada hc

And even tho Toronto isn't a huge market like LA for basketball, its in that next group imo, and they are owned by same company that owns the leafs and also tfc, leafs alone means they print money

They dont skimp on any expense, so he has no reason to leave, especially if Giannis rumors are true

do tell...

do tell...
Didn't it come out a few weeks ago?

Theres always been stuff about him and toronto the last few years, massive Greek population there, every bucks game in toronto he always comes out after the game and theres a huge crowd of Greeks who have stayed behind

But the rumor was the raps and heat are his top 2 if he did leave

Always hear the Euros love Canada.....

How serious are the rumors or is it just the usual, He’s European, Raps a major player

Not gonna pull a Johnny Utah who flew too close to the sun with his inside info and is down there with ayre abraham now on trust

But let's just say είναι σίγουρα

Yeah, but he had Kawhi there, it should have taken the load of him...
Maybe he is a Trojan horse, sent by the Lakers :)

Probably gonna end up in Philly, smh.

Yup.

Last thing this team needed was a 'players coach', they need an actual coach.

X's and O's and personal accountability, something Doc doesn't possess.

Would have rather had Pringles.

Lue new Clips coach...
I feel much better about Lakers chances for a repeat ;)

NBA coaches are like a recycling facility. Really no other individuals as good at coaching than Lue available? Its nonsensical. Scared GMs, dumb money owners.

Kawhi not a true leader, does not command a locker room presence. Needs the imbedded culture of a Spurs or Raptors.

Anyone else see the story in the athletic?

Don't think doc had a chance, basically team hated pg, kawhi would show up late for flights often, he lived in braves garage in San Diego

Would figure there would be also lingering toxicity between Doc and George Paul.

How could anyone coach the dude that was boning their daughter while also getting the clap from the strippers.

Balmer and Doc sold their soul to Uncle Dennis and got what was coming. Kawhi an evil dude.

Anyone else see the story in the athletic?

Don't think doc had a chance, basically team hated pg, kawhi would show up late for flights often, he lived in braves garage in San Diego
You have a link for this? I cannot find it in NBA section at all.

Would figure there would be also lingering toxicity between Doc and George Paul.

How could anyone coach the dude that was boning their daughter while also getting the clap from the strippers.

Balmer and Doc sold their soul to Uncle Dennis and got what was coming. Kawhi an evil dude.

The NBA is the weirdest freaking league ever

Stan Van Gundy inadvertently made the best rap album cover we've ever seen  - SBNation.com

Probably bad time to sell the team and I LOVE having NBA in NO......

I wonder if she is always listening though..

Back