• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Nations League Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
International play coming! Not sure anyone cares as this isn't being marketed to nearly the same degree as WC and EC? But thought i'd post in case anyone would like to chime in

im not real clear how this works,

so this tournament has nothing to do with Euro qualification, these are just glorified friendlies?

Haven't remotely looked at it, thought teed said something about Euro qualification or something. No clue, it may be above my pay grade

Germany and France are opening this up, England/Spain are playing , hard to believe these are meaningful games in terms of qualification for Euros , but I have no clue

Ok

So 4 groups

Top 4 in groups auto qualify for Euros 2020. Teams get relegated/promoted based on finish in the next League of Nations

The 4 group winners play a mini tournament next summer and auto qualify for Euros ( group D is Umm LOL)

This is being sold as replacing meaningless friendlies with games that mean something ( ok I’m a little skeptical here )

With 24 teams making Euros and it being incredibally easy for the top teams to qualify I’m Not really sold that this is going be taken that much more seriously than friendlies for the top squads , but we will see

I think I have this right

Reactions: KJ
So all group winners qualify or top 4 in pts? I assume that, so next years tournament is really exhibition

Like you said, they're all qualifying anyway let's not sugar coat it

So all group winners qualify or top 4 in pts? I assume that, so next years tournament is really exhibition

Like you said, they're all qualifying anyway let's not sugar coat it

Group A,B,C and D winners

Without anymore “friendlies” this has to be hurting some of the big South America teams who make good money on these Euro friendlies

The group winners qualify for euro qualifying playoffs as needed, and if winner qualifies through normal euro qualifying it goes down the list

So it kind of locks in a get out of jail free card if you mess up in quallies

I think for the group b through d its massive as they are most at risk of missing regular qualifications as they will for the most part be seeds 3 through 5 or 6 in groups, when only 2 qualify

Ya thats nuts, basically denmark doesnt want their players to hav3 any individual sponsorships, just the national team ones

So eriksen has a nike one i believe, he couldnt wear nike with denmark, all the players said bullshit

They pushed back a vote during world cup so they could play, players said lets add another month exception so we can play these games, fa said no, so denmark had to scramble to call up a bunch of 4th tier players, cause if they forfeit they probly get banned from euro 2020

Back