• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Thursday 10/18

Wiretowire

YTD +13

Thanks Tim. I appreciate it. GL

Let's see........ the homerun ball Altuve hit in last nights game clearly went over the fence. That's a homerun by the rules. By other rules, it hit the players glove and then bounced into the stands. That's a homerun. The player reached into the stands in a very good attempt to bring the homerun back and he wasn't just standing there waiting for the ball to come down into his glove when a fan touched his glove. That's a homerun. The fan never reached over the fence and into the field of play because if he had reached into the field of play it would have been fan interference. That's a homerun. If the player is in the stands or over the fence it CANNOT be fan interference if a fan goes for the ball, touches the players glove, or touches the player himself. That is the fans domain not the players. Yes, I can clearly see why the umpires ruled that a fucking out.

Given the circumstances during the game that was the worst fucking call I have ever seen in baseball. And those fuckers used replay and 1/2 an hour to come up with it. Just kill the replay and let the game be called as it is. Mistakes will be made occasionally but crimes like that call will not ruin the game.

Boston/Houston over 7 -140 (10 units)

GL

I was on the Over, so seeing that play pissed me off as well. BUT, after watching and reading all of the analysis, you are in the minority here, as there's no way they can overturn that call. That was as classic of a "call stands" scenario as there could be. Whatever way West ruled that, it was going to stand, as there was nothing to show otherwise. Contrary to your analysis above, even if the outfielder goes in to the stands, the fan still can't have any extremities over the wall...and that's what was called.

Just in last nights game alone, there were a ton of impactful replays and in this day and age, replay is essential. That being said, I think there should be a rule in all sports that they get 60 seconds to review it. If it goes longer than 60 seconds, the play stands as called.

On to tonight's game....I agree....at 7, it's tough not to like these offenses getting there. It's also probably tough for me to pass up on the value with Price. The line is inflated because it's a must-win for the Astros, but we all know that means jack shit.

Good luck on the action Wire!

Last edited:
I believe it should have been reversed because I was betting on the Astros.. That seems to have been a mistake but operating on the Rick has a over 8 ERA with that ump I thought it made sense Wrong. He only gave up 4 runs after the home run was removed

Just read a write up from Cokin. Essentially he a Boston fan agrees completely and he quotes Pedro Martinez now talking on a TV show who thought it was crazy. I saw the Astros do some stupid things and had no idea why. Now I am steamed

We each will think what we want EMG but minority or not in my analysis above I clearly state the fan never reached over the wall into play and the multiple replays showed that the fan never reached into the field of play. West can and should have been corrected on that by replay review and he wasn't. GL

Thanks Tuck. GL

Based on the way it's written, they probably shouldn't have overturned it. But my God it was just so obvious that just a little bit of logic should have allowed them to get the call right. No way in hell that's an out. It's amazing to be how these professional sports continue to screw up replays.

Based on the way it's written, they probably shouldn't have overturned it. But my God it was just so obvious that just a little bit of logic should have allowed them to get the call right. No way in hell that's an out. It's amazing to be how these professional sports continue to screw up replays.

No question, I also think it was an homer. But like you said, based on how the rules are written, they simply could not have overturned that. The evidence simply wasn’t there. Not sure if you guys caught the part of the broadcast when they were talking about the placement of the umpires down the line, and the deeper umpire is not closer to the wall. Basically comes down to line of sight for homerun calls. That being said, seems a bit absurd to me that those guys are positioned within about 100 feet of each other.

Wire, you're 100% right. Also, take a good look at how high Betts got off the ground and how well he timed that catch going over the fence. He didn't time it by jumping straight up. This alone is telling you were this ball was. It was over the fence and right in the hands of the fans. This call was a travesty. No guts and shame on MLB for not having important angles not covered. Especially when they already know fans are against the outfield fence.

YTD +13

Thanks Tim. I appreciate it. GL

Let's see........ the homerun ball Altuve hit in last nights game clearly went over the fence. That's a homerun by the rules. By other rules, it hit the players glove and then bounced into the stands. That's a homerun. The player reached into the stands in a very good attempt to bring the homerun back and he wasn't just standing there waiting for the ball to come down into his glove when a fan touched his glove. That's a homerun. The fan never reached over the fence and into the field of play because if he had reached into the field of play it would have been fan interference. That's a homerun. If the player is in the stands or over the fence it CANNOT be fan interference if a fan goes for the ball, touches the players glove, or touches the player himself. That is the fans domain not the players. Yes, I can clearly see why the umpires ruled that a fucking out.

Given the circumstances during the game that was the worst fucking call I have ever seen in baseball. And those fuckers used replay and 1/2 an hour to come up with it. Just kill the replay and let the game be called as it is. Mistakes will be made occasionally but crimes like that call will not ruin the game.

Boston/Houston over 7 -140 (10 units)

GL

I agree 100%, might be worst call ever made since inception of replay. I question if those nit wits in NY even know the rules after this call. Betts left the field with his spectacular effort & the rule is very clear on this. I argued with a guy yesterday that the ball was clearly over fence not even close to inplay when Betts glove was touched by fan. Not sure from the video how anyone can argue ball wasn't over the fence.... I asked the guy if he was fucking blind. Clearly the folks in NY blew it. Keep in mind I had a series bet on Boston so my opinion is not skewed by a wager. Altuve & Houston got robbed!!!

Back