• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

***MLB Playoff In-Game Thread***

Stanton shouldn't be in the field........hurts defense which Paxton needs, but it helps the Twins.

Liv Min+8.5? so early....that I think Minn gonna try to catch up 1-2 runs an inning here or there but IDK. That would also mean that the Minn BP somehow would shut down NYY Offense.

@2daBank Schildt is such an ass

No doubt. I hate the way he has managed pen all series.

Oh well. We get what I wanted all along. Flaherty/folty rematch, should be epic. This been a amazing series., shame it should be over but I wanted this gm5 showdown as a baseball fan anyways!!

Wow Atl imploding...at least may get a good live line under after the inning. Wtf haha Unfortunately I was expecting a watch good game

Last edited:
snitker in dugout..."ok guys let's just chip away and get a run every inning here." "we'd still lose the game coach."

how much does that suck for local fans who scored tix to the game. your entire game was literally ruined. how do you just sit there as a Braves fan for 9 innings LOL

How long can that trend last Because I'm thinking hard about backing Nats and Rays right now. Maybe a little bit on Rays to win the WS as well!

how much does that suck for local fans who scored tix to the game. your entire game was literally ruined. how do you just sit there as a Braves fan for 9 innings LOL
That was my exact though. Beer sales will skyrocket though.

atl beat stl 15-0 in the nlcs game 7 in 1996. will be interesting to see if stl wins by more than 15 here

"tomlin trying to restore order." all downtown stores looted, 100 raped, 50 dead, poison gas released on city. not quite possible for tomlin to restore order right now.

I bet the live total over 17* when it was 10-0. I can't believe the live total now is only 18*.

Something doesn't seem right...

i think it would be a great thing if both teams brought in position players to pitch in the 8th and 9th in a postseason game here.

shildt is just wasting pitches for flaherty here when they could bring him back to pitch nlcs game 2 instead

He probably managing the game pretty paranoid right now. That's a big decision to make in the middle of the game, especially after what happened in the 1st probably got him too emotional in the first place..

I would think the scoring will slow down and get back to normal for rest of game. Careful with the live over, the line is overly inflated. And as I type a homer!!

He probably managing the game pretty paranoid right now. That's a big decision to make in the middle of the game, especially after what happened in the 1st probably got him too emotional in the first place..

yeah i'm sure he is. if you blow a 13 run lead though using any members of the bullpen, you don't deserve to advance anyway. you have to be aggressive and make smart decisions with an eye on winning a world series.

Last time Gerrit Cole faced an opponent in consecutive starts was 2017. It didn't go well for him.

As someone who looks at fangraphs gamelog for every article I write, I feel like it‘s super common for the second start to go opposite how the first went (whether first went well or poorly).

Good point, VC. Yo, Holy shit - just found this little nugget: Stras is 13-1 in his career when he is facing the same opponent in consecutive starts. He did it twice this season - versus the Mets in April and Marlins in July. Pitched a combined 14 innings with zero runs.

I guess a lot of that success can be attributed to that being a typical spot in division play, and he's played in a shitty division his entire career.

Look at Folty today. He was waay overdue for some runs allowed. I felt it coming with the way his season went this year. No way he could go two good starts in a row against the same dudes

I’m surprised honestly. I woulda thought he have another good start, cards offense isn’t very good.

Back