• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Friday 10/13

Wiretowire

YTD +354
2-0 last

My final word on the Indians who cost me a ton of money on winning the pennant and the world series is I have said more than my piece on Brantley but truth be told I really question Francona in the end. Yes, he was the one that played Brantley but I don't understand some of the shit he did this year or last year. Now, it's hard to question too much as he got them in playoffs both years but, as an example, I don't think he has a clue on handling pitchers. If you look at Allen and Miller which one comes to mind when you think "they can't hit this guy?" A hint it ain't Allen. Yet Allen was the closer the last two years and Miller was setup. But then the real problem I have is why in the hell do you bring Miller in the 6th all the time for? And I will retract everything I just said if someone can explain to me why, when Kluber struggled, he brings in Miller in the 3rd (the fucking 3rd inning?????) and there were two outs with a lone runner on first? Arguably your best reliever comes in that early with no threat against you? What the fuck? With the bases loaded it's still a shit move but at least I can be persuaded it was necessary to keep the game from getting out of hand. But that situation? No. Horrible managing.

I think the man panics in those tight situations and doesn't know what to do. So no, I am not a big Tito fan. And yes I am pissed off because the Tribe just rolled over and gave up. GL

Houston -180 (10 units)

I think Houston is going to roll all over the yankees in this series. If Cleveland had half a manager the Yankees wouldn't even be here.

Total? Have to go over 8 but I will pass that for to me a more secure bet.

GL

When he pulled Miller out to make him a non factor late, I was relieved as a Yankee fan. No pun intended.
Yankees don't seem to match up well vs the Astros. GL

I thought the decisions on the playoff roster were very bad. He had Chisenhall and Brantley on there, both of whom are lefties and have not been able to get any rhythm or feel this season due to injuries. And while Kipnis has been a great player for them over the years, he also was on the DL more often than not this season and he was hitting second in Game 5. He didn't hit all season. The playoffs are no time to be loyal. They had nobody to bring in during Game 5 to hit a lefty. Yandy Diaz hit the hell out of the ball towards the end of the season but was left off of the roster on favor of guys he was loyal to. At least, that's my opinion.

Wise, those were my thoughts exactly although I wasn't pleased. I could see a tight game later and no Miller. GL

Very good thoughts wvuscott. I agree he made some very questionable decisions all around. His loyalty cost him. Same thing with Napoli last year. Couldn't hit as lick but was in there every day because of they being together in Boston. GL

Hope we get it Cash. GL

I was looking at the NYY+money...but i've been following your posts, so I'm a bit hesitant now lol. this has been a hard game for me and i've been bouncing back and forth.

Power vs probably better pitching and hitting, speed. My concern in the lay off time sometimes waiting takes a toll on the timing of batters but hopefully Houston will be hitting today.

I did add a little on the over. here's to hoping Tanaka has that bad game lol

I think Yanks can make some noise in this series but not tonight.
902 Houston Astros* -1 -122

Back