• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MistaFlava's NFL MONDAY NIGHT ***Power Selection*** (Writeup & Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
MistaFlava's 2007 NFL Record: 5-3-1 (+26.00 Unit)
MistaFlava's 2007 ATS Record: 5-3-1 (+26.00 Unit)
MistaFlava's 2007 O/U Record: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)

This Week: 3-1 ATS (+44.50 Units)

Welcome to my NFL football thread. I am not going to do much or post that early for the first few weeks until I can get a good feel on how some of the teams are performing and what some of the teams can do. The NFL is nothing like college football and games are always a lot closer than most people think. Don't forget these are not kids trying to make the pros but guys who already have big contracts and who are here for a reason. Enjoy the season of big plays.

----------------------------------

Monday, October 1

New England Patriots -7.5 (10 Units)

The New England Patriots are as good as it gets this year and it doesn't take a football genius to know it. They are 3-0 on the season and looking like the next stop on their schedule is the Super Bowl. Sure they have been accused of cheating and sure they have had to go through a bit of adversity but cheating or not cheating this is a damn good team that is also 3-0 ATS on the season and that has outyarded their opponents by 200+ yards in each and everyone of their games. You could argue that Cincinnati is the best team the Patriots will face up to this point in the season and although that might be true, the Pats beat the Jets, Chargers and Bills by an average of 26.3 points per game. So the marging of victory over mediocre opponents has been almost four touchdowns so are the Cincinnati Bengals a touchdown or two better than all three of those teams? I don't think so. The Patriots have been scoring machines since the year started and with WR Randy Moss now on this team, Tom Brady has his the first legit superstar wide receiver of his NFL football career. That makes all the difference in the world...believe me. The Patriots come into this game averaging 38.0 points per game this season and they have done it on 441.0 total yards of offense and 6.8 yards per play. Cincinnati's defense is hopeless like it has been in past seasons as they have allowed 31.7 points per game this season and 402.7 total yards of offense for 6.2 yards per play. WOW! They're in big trouble. On the ground, the Patriots are rushing for 151.7 yards per game and 4.3 yards per carry. As if Tom Brady whipping the ball around wasn't enough, the Pats have Laurence Maroney and Sammy Morris who both have 30+ carries and both average more than 4.6 yards per carry. The Bengals are screwed here seeing how they allow 145.0 rushing yards per game on a whopping 5.4 yards per carry. OUCH OUCH OUCH! In the air, Brady has completed 79.5% of his passes this season for 10.1 yards per pass attempt, 10 touchdowns and only 1 interception. I guess you could say that Cincinnati is once again in trouble here as they have allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 60.0% of their passes this season for a whopping 7.0 yards per pass attempt. The Bengals don't have any pass rush to speak of which should give Brady tons of time to dunk and dink his way around the field. You also have to consider that Cincinnati's kickoff coverage has been brutal as they have allowed 28.8 yards per kickoff return while the Patriots have 36.4 yards per kickoff return. You don't have to worry about Brady and the Pats in this one, I can't see them being held to less than 30 points. NO CHANCE IN HELL! They are too powerful, too smart and just way too good for this Bengals team.

The Cincinnati Bengals don't look too good this year do they? They are 1-2 on the season coming into this game with their only big win coming on primetime tv against the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year but now that you saw the Ravens lose to Cleveland the way they did yesterday, do you even consider that a big win for the Bengals? I don't. They have now lost two straight games since that win over Baltimore and although both came on the road, I don't see why anyone thinks the Bengals are going to improve on their 38-13 home loss to these same Patriots in 2006? I mean they have been outyarded by almost 100 yards in two of their three games this season and have shown no signs of improving things on defense (the main concern of the last two or three seasons). They have allowed more than 20 points in all of their games this season and with RB Rudi Johnson out for tonight's game, we will see the Bengals turn into a one dimensional team in almost the exact same fashion as Philadelphia last night (although Corell Buckhalter was great in a losing cause). That leaves everything on the passing game and against the Patriots, one dimensional offenses don't usually make it out of the first half. The Bengals come into this game averaging 31.0 points per game and they have done that by averaging 393.0 total yards of offense per game and 5.8 yards per play. Not too bad but New England's defense has been outstanding and they have allowed only 11.7 points per game this season on 207.0 total yards per game and 4.2 yards per play. Impressive to say the least. On the ground, the Bengals did average only 92.0 rushing yards per game on 3.5 yards per carry so losing Johnson is not the end of the world. However, the Patriots, who are already outstanding against the run allowing 74.0 rushing yards per game on 3.4 yards per carry, will now be able to focus on the pass rush and getting to QB Carson Palmer all night long. Palmer has completed only 64.0% of his passes this season for 7.5 yards per pass attempt, 7 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Palmer has had good protection most of the year but without a running threat (we all saw what happened to McNabb without Westbrook), the Patriots are most certainly going to come after him. The Pats already have one of the best pass rushes in the NFL with 10 sacks on the year in three games and I say they get at least 5 tonight. On top of that they have allowed opponents to complete only 4.9 yards per pass attempt this season and Palmer doesn't do too well when limited to short yardage passing. It's not to say that the Bengals won't score in this game but it's to say that the Patriots are to come after Palmer hard and it will affect the way this offense is run. I give this one to the Pats defense and the Rudi Johnson injury factor.

All of you who are backing the Bengals tonight hoping that they can erase their two losses...are making a BIG MISTAKE! How well did San Diego, Chicago and the Eagles do in that role yesterday huh guys? Not too well now did they? You didn't even need to read this writeup if I had told you that the last three times these two teams have met in the regular season, the Patriots have won those games by 7 points in 2004, by 10 points in 2005 and by 25 points in 2006. So now that the Patriots have their best team of those three seasons, you are telling me that they can't come into this game and win by 10+ points again? Cmon now. Like I mentioned earlier as well, the Patriots margin of victory this season in their three games is 26.3 points. So is Cincinnati that much better than the Bills, Jets and Chargers? Are they two full touchdowns better? No way. How about last night's game where we saw one team without their starting RB (Philadelphia) look exactly like one team without their starting RB tonight (Cincinnati)? Donovan McNabb was sacked like 11 times or something and the Patriots are well aware that coming after Carson Palmer hard is going to create all sorts of turnovers and chaos in the Cincinnati offense. Expect a bunch of New England sacks and dominant performance.

Trend of the Game: New England is 8-1 ATS in their last nine games as the road favorite.

New England 33, Cincinnati 17

GL to all tonight!

toast.gif

mcnabb was sacked 12 times because the eagles started a backup left tackle and andy reid was bout as stupid i ever seen him. as he didnt move a te to justice's side, have a running back help him, or slide his protection.

missing b west tho and dawk hurt too no doubt.

like the call on ne tonight. they are by far the better team and i dont see cincy as a playoff team anyhow. i think this is the game maroney finds the endzone and has his best game to date.

Nice write up and I totally agree with you. Although you've heard that cliche a million times "Any given team can win on any given day" it is highly unlikely and very improbable that it will happen tonight. :cheers: :shake:

Last edited:
tough to not take the home doggie, especially on this weekend.

There are trends to support both sides:
Cincy is 7-1-1 ATS against New England record, including 5-1 ATS at home.

On paper, this should be a tiger bloodbath but you never know what'll happen in the 'jungle'.

Ok long write-ups and madden simulation. Thats just two things! But there is so much more to me. Jags fan. Virgin. No way he was those things too?!

Surely there are plenty of Jags fans who have had sex. I will ask my friend i think he‘s had sex before

Back