• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Lets talk the 2020 Majors and CoronaVirus...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So, obviously the first two majors of the year have been postponed and tournaments into May are canceled as well.

What can we look forward to, if anything, the rest of the year?

First, it really seems like The Masters will be in October (5th through the 12th). I say that due to enough buzz being generated and also the fact that they have cancelled previous reservations in town and are now quoting 700.00+ for rooms at many places. This is at least something that has been heavily talked about.

The Olympics got cancelled today, so in theory that opens up some more time in the summer for another tournament. Boom -- PGA back to where it belongs. Now, what I read today indicated the first week of August (Wyndham currently scheduled that week). The Olympics competition was the weekend before. Either way, PGA could be two weeks after The Open or three weeks after which is the week before the FedEx Playoffs begin.

Which brings us to...

The Open Championship...

The host club this year is Royal St Georges, in England. They just went into lockdown today.... shall see how that gets handled...This is the most 'international' major so who the heck knows. I am confident golf is back by then but, this one is more global.

Lastly, and basically our next major is the US Open. This is going to be tricky because it is at Winged Foot. With New York being the epicenter right now, they might be under restrictions much longer than other parts of the country. Would they play without fans? I dunno. Could you change locations? I think the USGA is too anal to put it at another site they couldn't mess with.

Anyways, I think we get 2 for sure this year and hopefully 3.

Thoughts?

Okay, The Open is officially done and will be announced today. This isn't a postponement..it's cancelled like Wimbledon. This is an insurance thing from what I read for the R&A, hence why they won't look for a fall date. Hopefully Royal St George's can get the next available spot in the rota.

Sungjae has to be hurting. That mofo plays every damn tourney.
The military commitment and Olympics thing is interesting. And yeah, he's just gotta be lost right now on what to do. Buy a house, and settle in!

Okay, The Open is officially done and will be announced today. This isn't a postponement..it's cancelled like Wimbledon. This is an insurance thing from what I read for the R&A, hence why they won't look for a fall date. Hopefully Royal St George's can get the next available spot in the rota.

I dont get the need to do this so early

That's what they should be doing every weekend in place of tournaments

Just show some of the great final rounds in the big tourneys the last 20 years, basically since we got golf in HD

Us open in New York.... into the ryder cup is gonna be just fantastic

Also I saw people post but the sec schedule is dogshit that weekend, guessing cbs had a bit of say between a few weekends

For that sunday with nfl, wonder how they handle it, hello friends will definitely be at augusta though, so tony wont be doing nfl.... maybe he hangs out with his buddy at the masters

Ryder Cup looks like it will be postponed...

Fair enough, that is one event that needs a full compliment of fans.

This gets the years back to how they were pre-9/11.

Masters schedule
The 84th Masters — beginning Thursday, Nov. 12 and ending Sunday, Nov. 15 — will end by 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, before the start of the LSU-Alabama game, CBS said this week. On Sunday, the final round will finish before 3 p.m. ET.

Back