• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Lets talk NHL in the summer...

Now I want Toronto to lose in the first round, have the Hurricanes win the Cup and then get the 1st overall pick. I’d love to hear you explain how it was all normal after that. Lol

If you want some easy money bet the Rangers. They never lose to Carolina and have the two best forwards with Panarin and Zibanejad as well as three goaltenders better than anyone they will face.

If you want some easy money bet the Rangers. They never lose to Carolina and have the two best forwards with Panarin and Zibanejad as well as three goaltenders better than anyone they will face.

But the Rangers can play it cool, lose to Carolina and continue their rebuilding, even fast track it, with the #1 overall pick and the can’t miss kid.

But the Rangers can play it cool, lose to Carolina and continue their rebuilding, even fast track it, with the #1 overall pick and the can’t miss kid.

I am all for losing if it gets the team Lafreniere but I am pretty sure they win this series.

Last edited:
Now I want Toronto to lose in the first round, have the Hurricanes win the Cup and then get the 1st overall pick. I’d love to hear you explain how it was all normal after that. Lol
They were talking about it in Toronto media back in early March, before they had a little run to move ahead of Florida, how much of a disaster this season would be if they missed the playoffs after moving a 1st, and not protecting it

Canucks trade for JT Miller was for a 1st, but thankfully its protected if in the lotto this year

San jose fucked up so bad on karllson deal as well, would be picking 3rd right now, and probably could have still made deal if asking for say, top 5 protection, cause no way ottawa would have even expected SJ to be this bad so quickly

But ottawa got fucked over from trading for duchesne to Colorado, which gifted the avs Bowen byram who was the best d man in last year's draft.

Basically, GMs are dumb

I know the fixed stuff gets talked about a lot, but the NHL just isnt smart enough to do it or even attempt it

McDavid wouldnt have gone to edmonton

Edmonton wouldnt have won 4 lotteries in the last 10 years

New jersey wouldnt have won 2, florida wouldnt have won 1

Only one that worked out how the league may have wanted was Matthews to toronto, but even then, they prolly wanted him in an American market

Jack hughes is a million percent a ranger if they ever thought of fixing

I know the fixed stuff gets talked about a lot, but the NHL just isnt smart enough to do it or even attempt it

McDavid wouldnt have gone to edmonton

Edmonton wouldnt have won 4 lotteries in the last 10 years

New jersey wouldnt have won 2, florida wouldnt have won 1

Only one that worked out how the league may have wanted was Matthews to toronto, but even then, they prolly wanted him in an American market

Jack hughes is a million percent a ranger if they ever thought of fixing

Funny you mention Hughes because I have heard they would have picked Kakko anyway. I definitely preferred Hughes but the Rangers are run by idiots.

Athletic mock draft for the wings fans @B.A.R. @HUNT

4. Detroit Red Wings: Lucas Raymond, LW, Frolunda-SHL

Max Bultman:
The Red Wings need a game-changer, plain and simple. And while Raymond had a comparatively quieter statistical season in the SHL with Frolunda, he has the dynamic skillset to help Detroit catch lightning in a bottle after its tumble to the fourth pick. Raymond’s hockey sense and creativity can make him the Red Wings’ chief playmaker of the future, even from the wing. And he has shown an ability to take over in big moments, such as his hat trick in the 2018 World U18 gold medal game against Iaroslav Askarov and Russia. The idea of pairing Raymond with Anthony Mantha or Filip Zadina should be tantalizing for Detroit.

Because of Raymond’s more limited role in the SHL this season, it may take a bit of a leap of faith for Detroit to use this pick on him. But one potential development in his favor could be the SHL returning in mid-September, before the draft. If an expanded role allows him to better showcase his dynamic qualities, he will have a chance to put any reservations at ease.

Pronman’s take: Raymond is a player you could realistically project to be a first-line, first power play type who runs your man advantage and makes a ton of plays. He is not Lafreniere or Byfield, but he’s a great player and someone you could see playing high in the Wings’ lineup in a few years. He will feed passes to Zadina for years to come.

Also looks like hub is gonna be vegas and edmonton or toronto

League was gonna announce on Friday it was Vancouver and Vegas but hit last minute snag with bc health minister over some protocols

So its Edmonton and toronto

I do think for the best, Canada much lower numbers, a spike in cases and the resulting media attention it would bring from sports writers who already want the season cancelled isnt likely here, so means the season should finish, way more worried about orlando and the nba

Also sounds like cba may get extended and finished, and olympics for 2022 are a go

Athletic mock draft for the wings fans @B.A.R. @HUNT

4. Detroit Red Wings: Lucas Raymond, LW, Frolunda-SHL

Max Bultman:
The Red Wings need a game-changer, plain and simple. And while Raymond had a comparatively quieter statistical season in the SHL with Frolunda, he has the dynamic skillset to help Detroit catch lightning in a bottle after its tumble to the fourth pick. Raymond’s hockey sense and creativity can make him the Red Wings’ chief playmaker of the future, even from the wing. And he has shown an ability to take over in big moments, such as his hat trick in the 2018 World U18 gold medal game against Iaroslav Askarov and Russia. The idea of pairing Raymond with Anthony Mantha or Filip Zadina should be tantalizing for Detroit.

Because of Raymond’s more limited role in the SHL this season, it may take a bit of a leap of faith for Detroit to use this pick on him. But one potential development in his favor could be the SHL returning in mid-September, before the draft. If an expanded role allows him to better showcase his dynamic qualities, he will have a chance to put any reservations at ease.

Pronman’s take: Raymond is a player you could realistically project to be a first-line, first power play type who runs your man advantage and makes a ton of plays. He is not Lafreniere or Byfield, but he’s a great player and someone you could see playing high in the Wings’ lineup in a few years. He will feed passes to Zadina for years to come.

I want ROSSI, if Stutzle or Byfield don't fall.

No defense early, next year is loaded with elite defensmen.

So its Edmonton and toronto

I do think for the best, Canada much lower numbers, a spike in cases and the resulting media attention it would bring from sports writers who already want the season cancelled isnt likely here, so means the season should finish, way more worried about orlando and the nba

Also sounds like cba may get extended and finished, and olympics for 2022 are a go

Couldn't this have been done in June? smh.

I want ROSSI, if Stutzle or Byfield don't fall.

No defense early, next year is loaded with elite defensmen.
I like raymond and perfetti better, but rossi is elite

Just think raymond a better winger, perfetti better chance to stick at center

After the top 3, I have seen most scouting guys say 4-8 are super close

Next year super heavy in D top 5, localish guy in luke hughes too

Also, heard that we may be seeing 4-5 games a day for the qualifying round, maybe the 1st round of playoffs too at 4 a day

Those are local times

So toronto games in est and edmonton in mst

So a typical day, at least in play in and 1st round

12pm est Game 1 TOR
2pm est Game 1 EDM
4pm est Game 2 TOR
6pm est Game 2 EDM
8pm est Game 3 TOR
10pm est Game 3 EDM

Fuckin love it

New Jersey hired the awful Lindy Ruff. This is very good news for the Rangers though David Quinn is still an abomination.

Those are local times

So toronto games in est and edmonton in mst

So a typical day, at least in play in and 1st round

12pm est Game 1 TOR
2pm est Game 1 EDM
4pm est Game 2 TOR
6pm est Game 2 EDM
8pm est Game 3 TOR
10pm est Game 3 EDM

Fuckin love it
This is terrific.

Sounds like NBC is doing the Toronto hub games, Sportsnet the Edmonton ones

Only 1 feed as a sort of world feed, like Olympics, until Stanley Cup final

Still no word if local teams will broadcast over it for the play ins since those are still considered regional

Toronto media is PISSSSSED

Aka the guy who falsely accused Phil Kessel of going to a hot dog stand every day and leaked the Auston Matthews covid test results

He's the equivalent of rovell and j mac combined

Nobody likes him, and he sucks

What’s the word for American viewers? I honestly haven’t been paying any attention.

I will repeat my feelings that the Rangers +125 in the series against Carolina is a very good bet. First of all the Rangers have owned them for years including every game this season. Panarin and Zibanajed are the two best forwards in the series and the Rangers have 3 goalies better than anything Carolina has.

I would give Carolina the edge on defense though Fox and DeAngelo are both big time players. The biggest edge for Carolina is the coaching where Brindamour is excellent and Quinn is a moron.

Give me the big time gamebreakers in Panarin and Zibanajed as well as far superior goaltending. At +125 the Rangers are definitely the play in this series.

Last edited:
Back