• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Lets talk NHL in the summer...

Matthews? Seems a bit early to make that declaration no? Or is this an inside joke I’m missing?

I mean hell, Eichel is better than Matthews.
I think hes already shown enough to be honest that it's not early. 4 seasons, and hes the best goal scorer in the league at evens the last 2 years I think per 60 mins. Hes becoming a better twi way center per the fancy stats as well.

Lafontaine only played like 800 or so games too. But injuries hurt him, like the year he had in I think 93? Probably best year by an American ever. I think only guy with a chance to match that is Matthews. Right now only think stopping Matthews would be injuries

Once a guy has put up 300 or so games you know what he is

Too early, but also likely true, would be saying Quinn Hughes is the best american D man ever

Assume the eichel thing is for laughs

I think hes already shown enough to be honest that it's not early. 4 seasons, and hes the best goal scorer in the league at evens the last 2 years I think per 60 mins. Hes becoming a better twi way center per the fancy stats as well.

Lafontaine only played like 800 or so games too. But injuries hurt him, like the year he had in I think 93? Probably best year by an American ever. I think only guy with a chance to match that is Matthews. Right now only think stopping Matthews would be injuries

Too early, but also likely true, would be saying Quinn Hughes is the best american D man ever

At the very least it’s a lot closer than you’re making it out to be. I thought the Matthews mention was the joke.

I’d like to see the advanced stats you’re talking about, since most show Eichel ahead of Matthews. Not to mention Matthews isn’t even the top center on his team, that nod goes to Tavares no? At least in terms of who the opposition is countering with on the ice.

Either way, neither of them have any business in the conversation at this point in their careers. What a disservice to Lafontaine, Modano, Kane, Hull, Leetch, etc.

At the very least it’s a lot closer than you’re making it out to be. I thought the Matthews mention was the joke.

I’d like to see the advanced stats you’re talking about, since most show Eichel ahead of Matthews. Not to mention Matthews isn’t even the top center on his team, that nod goes to Tavares no? At least in terms of who the opposition is countering with on the ice.

Not really, what are the most advanced stats that show eichel ahead?

Ev str per 60 min stats the last 3 seasons

Matthew's is at

1.6 goals
0.7 A1

Eichel is

Goals above replacement stats over 3 years

Matthew's

13.2 offensively
-0.6 defensively

Also of note his defensive improved a ton this season, he was actually a positive defensively in GAR, hes just weighted down by last 2

Eichel

WAR over 3 years

Matthew's at 10
Eichel at 8.6

Ok so let's just rank by points then and games played

Well not necessarily, but we’re crowning guys after 3-4 years now as best EVER? You certainly need some longevity to be in the conversation, do you not? If not, you’re basing it on what exactly...potential?

Not really, what are the most advanced stats that show eichel ahead?

Ev str per 60 min stats the last 3 seasons

Matthew's is at

1.6 goals
0.7 A1

Eichel is

Goals above replacement stats over 3 years

Matthew's

13.2 offensively
-0.6 defensively

Also of note his defensive improved a ton this season, he was actually a positive defensively in GAR, hes just weighted down by last 2

Eichel

WAR over 3 years

Matthew's at 10
Eichel at 8.6

5v5 p/60
ES p/60
Points p/60

Eichel also produces more on the PP right?

Again, at the very least they’re negligibly different thus far, you saying “the Eichel thing” is for laughs is actually the laugh.

5v5 p/60
ES p/60
Points p/60

Eichel also produces more on the PP right?

Again, at the very least they’re negligibly different thus far, you saying “the Eichel thing” is for laughs is actually the laugh.

I said the laugh thing cause you did on Matthews, was a joke

All those stats are in favor of Matthews this year by the way, including power play, also eichel is very likely to regress from his goals this year, hes shooting 15%, when hes never had another season over 10.2, Matthew's is 16.2 with a career avg of 15.7

I think eichel is very good, just saying hed be a gap behind Matthews. If there was an expansion draft or whatever, no one is taking eichel over Matthews, matthews is a top 10 pick, eichel is in the mid to late teens

In terms of best American player, I'm thinking if someone said, pick the best American team you can of players past and present, matthews is picked top 3. If its american who had the best career, obviously hes not winning.

You've got to be kidding saying that Quinn Hughes is the best American defenseman ever. It isn't even a lock that he will have the best career of the current American defenseman.

You've got to be kidding saying that Quinn Hughes is the best American defenseman ever. It isn't even a lock that he will have the best career of the current American defenseman.
I said too early

Obviously when it's too early that means it's not a lock

Buffalo such a mess

Fired botterill and I'm hearing close to 30 others today

Including the guy, I think one of the assistant gms, who bob McKenzie says was basically eichels guy, recruited him to BU and all that

Buffalo such a mess

Fired botterill and I'm hearing close to 30 others today

Including the guy, I think one of the assistant gms, who bob McKenzie says was basically eichels guy, recruited him to BU and all that

Botterill should be history after the job that he did. The mistake was not firing him but they did screw up hiring from within. As for Eichel he is signed long term so I see no issue getting rid of someone close to him.

Botterill should be history after the job that he did. The mistake was not firing him but they did screw up hiring from within. As for Eichel he is signed long term so I see no issue getting rid of someone close to him.
Problem with that org wasnt only botterill

Eichel demands a trade and he gets moved, its that simple, if they dont improve next year I've seen tsn people say they think he may ask

Problem with that org wasnt only botterill

Eichel demands a trade and he gets moved, its that simple, if they dont improve next year I've seen tsn people say they think he may ask

Its a terrible organization from ownership on down. Why would they hire the senior VP of Business Administration as the new GM. They should have taken Chris Drury from the Rangers who I would have been very happy to see go.

Its a terrible organization from ownership on down. Why would they hire the senior VP of Business Administration as the new GM. They should have taken Chris Drury from the Rangers who I would have been very happy to see go.
Only thing that woulda made the fanbase happy would have been a big outside hire with proven track records

Like when leafs brought in Lou

I think they should hire Gillis, its touch since pegulas seem like such a mess but with eichel and dahlin it's an attractive job

What they are doing seems cost cutting

Only thing that woulda made the fanbase happy would have been a big outside hire with proven track records

I think they should hire Gillis, its touch since pegulas seem like such a mess but with eichel and dahlin it's an attractive job

I just never understand why a team would hire from within after firing the GM and the guy was working on the business side. Totally disagree about Gillis but they should have looked outside the organization. Personally I think that Drury is incompetent but he was a star player for Buffalo and some would give him credit for helping building the Rangers farm system.

I just never understand why a team would hire from within after firing the GM and the guy was working on the business side. Totally disagree about Gillis but they should have looked outside the organization. Personally I think that Drury is incompetent but he was a star player for Buffalo and some would give him credit for helping building the Rangers farm system.

Good god no, thankfully they didn’t hire Drury. All Pegula has done since taking the reigns is hire ex-Sabres in order to placate the fan base. He’s a horrible owner...I’ve said this time and again, he’s simply a fan who essentially hit the lottery and got to buy the team he’s watched and rooted for his entire life. It’s a clusterfuck around here with regards to that hockey team.

It is cost cutting, which is completely fucking embarrassing given he’s a billionaire and when he bought the team gave a speech that money wasn’t, and wouldn’t be an issue...his sole existence was to bring a Cup to Buffalo. Fuck Terry Pegula and his wife. They’ve done ONE thing successfully since taking over, and that is tanking back when they were tanking to get McDavid or Eichel.

Do we know for sure that these playoffs are going to happen and if the answer is yes why are we waiting so long to get things going.

Do we know for sure that these playoffs are going to happen and if the answer is yes why are we waiting so long to get things going.

The covid cases last week definitely threw a wrench on shit.

I believe the players still have to accept a final protocol? I'm not positive.

Why can't they just play in Canada?

They haven't picked bubble sites that I'm aware of yet.

Seems like a lot of logistics to deal with right now. I think they'll play, just a matter of when.

Teams also need 14-17 days for another training camp.

So over it. Just play the sports next week.

If all the sports start and end like they say that do i might be missing a lot of days at work in September and October.

This is how it will roll...lot like 2020.

We will go from nothing to everything at once.

The covid cases last week definitely threw a wrench on shit.

I believe the players still have to accept a final protocol? I'm not positive.

Why can't they just play in Canada?

They haven't picked bubble sites that I'm aware of yet.

Seems like a lot of logistics to deal with right now. I think they'll play, just a matter of when.

Teams also need 14-17 days for another training camp.

So over it. Just play the sports next week.
They narrowed bubble city options down to 6 today, guessing it may get announced this week

Vancouver, edmonton, LA, chicago, Las Vegas, toronto

It seemed vegas was locked in a few weeks ago but if I had to guess that changes now

I think they go vancouver and toronto, cases are so much lower, two cities with tons of 5 star hotels within 10 minutes of nhl arena, tons of practice arenas. Edmonton is campaigning for it but they only have 1 5 star hotel

Also has tons of golf courses, restaurants, theatres, private member clubs that league can essentially rent for 3 months for things the players can use that public cant

Yeah I'm thinking NHL is 50-50 at this point, and if NBA or MLB pull the plug soon all three leagues will in quick succession. College sports are a tough sell too. Basically NFL is the one hope outside of individual sports. Are they too big to fail?

Yeah I'm thinking NHL is 50-50 at this point, and if NBA or MLB pull the plug soon all three leagues will in quick succession. College sports are a tough sell too. Basically NFL is the one hope outside of individual sports. Are they too big to fail?
NHL and NBA is all about the fact that these guys are gonna perhaps play into late September/October then turn right back around and grind again. They don't want to. They are accustomed to their time off and couldn't travel during the first 2/3rds of lockdown.

Really don't think there's much to the players not coming back or wanting to

They are negotiating new cba right now too, some think it's super close, I think its posturing

Mogilny getting snubbed again is a joke

He should have gotten in years ago. But especially this year when there was only 1 first ballot lock guy in iggy

Wilson is deserving, hossa too, kevin lowe is just mind boggling

Holland in the builders category is overdue

He should finally get in next 2 years though

Next year the Sedins are in, zetterberg maaaaaaaaaaaaybe

Year after has jagr and luongo

So at least 3 slots open

Mogilny getting snubbed again is a joke

He should have gotten in years ago. But especially this year when there was only 1 first ballot lock guy in iggy

Wilson is deserving, hossa too, kevin lowe is just mind boggling

Holland in the builders category is overdue

He should finally get in next 2 years though

Next year the Sedins are in, zetterberg maaaaaaaaaaaaybe

Year after has jagr and luongo

So at least 3 slots open

Nhl 94 video game, mogilny was a cheat code. Used buffalo every fucking time.

Thx for reminder.

Leggo #1 pick

List of top prospects going into draft last 5 years, so no chad ford edits after what players turned out to be, from the athletic

Lafreniere ranked 4, behind laine, Matthews and dahlin

Byfield 6, which shocked me a bit hes that high

Stutzle at 18, lucas raymond at 22

So I think top 2 and your loving it, basically gives you an elite 1c in a few years, with lafreniere maybe next year, dropping Larkin down to 2c where hes a huge matchup advantage with most teams

Back