• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

LeActivate...plus the end of The Magic Hour

LeBron James Playoff Mode Deactivated

The Lakers are now going to limit LeBron James minutes for the rest of the season, this comes to us via twitter. “BREAKING: @ChrisBHaynes reports Lakers will put LeBron on a minutes restriction and likely won’t let him play back-to-backs.” The Lakers were better of without LeBron James.

LeBron James Playoff Mode Deactivated

The Lakers are now going to limit LeBron James minutes for the rest of the season, this comes to us via twitter. “BREAKING: @ChrisBHaynes reports Lakers will put LeBron on a minutes restriction and likely won’t let him play back-to-backs.” The Lakers were better of without LeBron James.
bahahahahahahahahahahaha

JVG suggested Lakers to trade LeBron and I couldn't agree more. Hard to find more toxic star in this league at the moment than LeBron...
I think that Bron on the Lakers right now, is a huge problem... I can't see any star in their right mind, wanting to join Bron, as long as he can't prove he can be as he was before injury or keep it drama free...
I doubt Lakers trade him, so I just hope that I'm wrong and that one of the stars that will be FA this season will sign with the Lakers or at least that AD trade will happen...
Otherwise, there is a good chance Lakers won't see playoffs as long as Bron on the roster...
Don't get me wrong, if AD/ Kawhi/ Kyrie will sign - Lakers can become a contender. Bron still one of the best players and with another star, they can go deep in the playoffs and maybe even get a banner up - but if not... I can only see bad things for the Lakers (because Bron really couldn't care less, unless he fights for the title) and it's hard for me to see good players coming to the Lakers after everything that happened this season...
But... if Kyrie is dumb enough to believe earth is flat, maybe he will be dumb enough to sign with the Lakers :)

Btw, Lakers last season, without LeBron were 35-47. Right now they are 30-36...
With such a young roster, even without LeBron they should have reached somewhere around 40 wins...

The way his teammates celebrated after the block was great. Thinking some people are sick of Lebron

How the mighty have fallen. His epic Toronto series last year had many in awe...and here we are 10 months later.

The GOAT got his shit stuffed from the CROAT, lol.

Karma proving to be a bitch for Cramps the team hopping slut.

Knicks-Mario-Hezonja-blocks-LeBron-James-game-winning-shot-attempt.jpg

Lakers need some luck in the lottery...
Crucial summer ahead of them...

Every summer for the last 5 summers have been deemed “crucial”

No one in that Buss family has shown they can run the team

They’ve had 4 lottery picks , none of which look like future all stars ( well maybe De Angelo now that he is with Brooklyn)

I know people love Walton , but can he develop talent ? I guess it doesn’t matter because he will he fired

Only way this turns around is if they can get Zion and flip him for Davis . There is a real worry I sense from Lakers fans that they get shut out again in free agency

Lakers will struggle with FA...
And yes, every summer is crucial - because Lakers are trying to keep their wages that way and keep missing out.
I agree that young players didn't became allstars - but most picks were legit at the time.
They also did solid work with picks in the low first round/second round. I would be fine to let them grow for another season or so. The problem is that LeBron on a team means winning here and now...

As for Walton - he was right to ask to keep Lopez and Randle.
Last year, it was really fun team to watch, without the drama and they will finish with +- same record.

Another few things I don't get:
1) there is a very known formula that got Bron to all the Finals (besides being in EC) - surround him with three point shooters - why mess with that?!
2) Bron always brings drama, doesn't matter where he goes. I like both Rondo, Lance and even Beasley - but why add more drama?
3) It been said many times in the off season that Lakers ready to give up on this season and give youngsters and Bron time to gel - what happened to that?!

What’ll be interesting is what happens when they don’t get Kawhi, KD, Kyrie, and cant trade for AD to join Lebron? They will be stuck w virtually the same team as this year with maybe very marginal upgrades, but no tier 1 FAs coming to help Lebron. What’s he gonna do then? Convince Magic to sign Melo and coax Wade into putting off retirement one more year? Lol

This is currently my favorite thread on CTG
We've had some classic Lebron threads since '07 or so but this one is hilarious. I'll reiterate...the last 10 months or so and the swing in the Bron narrative is simply astounding.

Back