• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

July 2013 Redux

hugh613

What's the statute of limitations on these internet voodoo hexes anyways? Three weeks and counting, so hopefully that's the end of it...

Sunday:

7/21/2013 11:30 AM Finland Soccer 757 InterTurku (FIN-V)/JJK (FIN-V)* Under 2½ -127
7/21/2013 11:30 AM Finland Soccer 804 FC Ilves (FIN-Y)/JIPPO (FIN-Y)* Over 2½ +118
*2 UNITS*
7/21/2013 12:00 PM Ecuador Soccer 701 Manta (ECU)/Universidad Catolica Quito (ECU)* Over 2½ -115
7/21/2013 12:30 PM Ecuador Soccer 704 Barcelona Guayaquil (ECU)/LDU Quito (ECU)* Under 2,2½ -116
7/21/2013 2:15 PM Ecuador Soccer 707 El Nacional (ECU)/Deportivo Quito (ECU)* Over 2½ +101

*I know the prevailing wisdom is to go with the JIPPO under here, but a) the line not being set at 2 or 2, 2.5 with them being at home should make you wonder, b) Ilves has the most efficient offense in the Ykkonen this season (not the highest scoring but, in terms of strength of schedule, slightly more efficient than Seinajoen), and c) Ilves already banged home 5 against them this season (which, coincidentally, is JIPPO's only over to this point), so not much reason to think it won't be a shooting gallery again.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ko77T9GubT8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="320" width="480"></iframe>

Internet voodoo hexes and those that perpetrate them...

:down2:

And christ does 5D seem to take forever on grading bets. Drives me nuts.
Soccer's usually a lot slower than the other sports unless it's one of the big three (EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga) - I think I had a Swiss game sit there for almost 10 hours once...

That's true. Seems to be almost automatic when it's a losing bet. You ready for the big leagues and cfb to start back up?

That's true. Seems to be almost automatic when it's a losing bet. You ready for the big leagues and cfb to start back up?
Well, as you may have noticed, I'm not really a huge fan of the bigger leagues (as Mike's pointed out, there's not much room for error with the way they set the lines). As for CFB, it's not really my strong suit (I think I only finished about +800 last season) - plus, with the way I've been bleeding money this year (pretty much just profit from last year, mind you, but still), I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I'll see you this afternoon.

:cheers:

As a very novice soccer capper, I agree with you on the big leagues. I find you can find soft lines in the smaller leagues. Also a lot tougher to handicap from what the small work I have done.

Those 3 goals in 4 minutes in the LDU Quito game kind of stifled my momentum there but, no matter... Any day where I'm not losing a gajillion units is a good day at this point.

Adding:

7/21/2013 5:30 PM Brazil Soccer 417 Fluminense (BRA-A)* -144 vs Vasco de Gama (BRA-A)

:shh:

As a very novice soccer capper, I agree with you on the big leagues. I find you can find soft lines in the smaller leagues. Also a lot tougher to handicap from what the small work I have done.
I'm not sure about 'soft' lines, but the way most of the bigger leagues set up, the bookmakers don't really make it overly enticing to wager on unless you don't mind laying massive juice or playing for pushes. At least with the smaller leagues, you only ever really have that one dominant team (or a handful of slightly better than average teams) and there's enough parity amongst the others to create worthwhile opportunities to wager.

Good luck GLB.

Evidently the voodoo hex is still in effect (my poor Fluminense wager never stood a chance)...

Monday:

7/22/2013 12:00 PM Russia Soccer 31 Krylya Sovetov (RUS-P)/CSKA Moscow (RUS-P)* Over 2½ -127 *2 UNITS*
7/22/2013 12:00 PM Finland Soccer 501 Haka (FIN-Y)/PK-35 (FIN-Y)* Over 2½ -115
*2 UNITS*
7/22/2013 1:00 PM Denmark Soccer 101 Nordsjaelland (DEN)/Esbjerg (DEN)* Over 2½ +108
*2 UNITS*
7/22/2013 1:00 PM Sweden Soccer 1101 Varbergs BoIS FC (SWE-S)/Landskrona (SWE-S)* Over 2½,3 -131
*2 UNITS*
*And just an FYI, no, I'm not hiding my YTD. I'll update it eventually - I just thought not having to see it for a few days might do some good while I do battle with the supernatural here...

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3moLkjvhEu0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="320" width="480"></iframe>

:surrender:

Adding:

7/22/2013 4:30 PM Peru Soccer 701 Jose Galvez (PER)/Pacifico (PER)* Over 2½ +100 *2 UNITS*

Tuesday:

7/23/2013 9:30 AM European Cup Soccer 1 BATE Borisov (UCL)* -125 vs Shakhter Karagandy (UCL) *2 UNITS*
7/23/2013 11:30 AM European Cup Soccer 4 HJK Helsinki (UCL)/Kalju Nomme (UCL)* Over 2½ -104 *2 UNITS*
7/23/2013 2:45 PM European Cup Soccer 31 Steaua Bucharest (UCL)/Vardar Skopje (UCL)* Over 2½ -116 *2 UNITS*
7/23/2013 3:15 PM European Cup Soccer 37 Ekranas (UCL)/FH Hafnarfjordur (UCL)* Over 2,2½ -114
*2 UNITS*

Unfortunately, I can't wait all night for 5Dimes to drop the line on the Joinville game to 2.5 like every other book out there (would it kill them to offer alternate lines on second division games?), so I guess I'll have to hope for four goals as opposed to waiting out a third (or a second, or a first).

YTD: 230-238-31, -42.03

Adding:

7/23/2013 8:00 PM Brazil Soccer 104 Joinville Esporte Clube (BRA-B)/Icasa (BRA-B)* Over 2½,3 +118 *2 UNITS*
*For whatever it's worth (and this year, not a hell of a lot *SMH*), I capped it at 3.18 (a high probability of 1 goal for Icasa, and a very good probability of 2 goals or more for Joinville). Plus they're both 8-1 O/U 1.5 on the season, so if everything goes according to script, we should hear the haunting 'ding' of futbol24 at least twice in this one. As for a third, well...

dude, you live in canada. universally, canadians say the number one benefit to living there is the ability to use pinnacle. do you, in fact, live in alabama like captain after all?

had a feelin' you might out for some Brazilian kix, lol....luck to us....\m/
I think it's pretty much a given at this point that we tend to gravitate towards the same games, although you've been doing a slightly better job than me of picking out the good from the bad...*LOL*

Last edited:
dude, you live in canada. universally, canadians say the number one benefit to living there is the ability to use pinnacle. do you, in fact, live in alabama like captain after all?
I don't have enough restraint to stay away from live betting... Plus having to see game times as PST all the time starts to wear on your nerves after a while...

i can say without a doubt that when matchbook got rid of US customers, i was better off. no more live betting for me.

Thanks Mike. If people knew when to tail me and when to fade me since I've been here at CTG, they probably could've set up a nice retirement fund for themselves by now... *LOL*

YTD: 231-238-32, -40.85

Tuesday:

7/24/2013 12:30 PM Sweden Soccer 181 Helsingborg (SWE-A)* -½ -135 vs Halmstad (SWE-A) *2 UNITS*

I think it's pretty much a given at this point that we tend to gravitate towards the same games, although you've been doing a slightly better job than me of picking out the good from the bad...*LOL*

seems we're both a couple of over junkies, lol....gl today man....\m/

seems we're both a couple of over junkies, lol....gl today man....\m/
Thanks cxb. I actually used to be an under bettor when I first started, but my time over at C*vers put an end to that pretty quick...

YTD: 232-238-32, -38.85

Adding:

7/24/2013 8:45 PM South America Soccer 201 Olimpia Asuncion (Copa-Liber)/Atletico MG (Copa-Liber)* Under 2½,3 -109 *2 UNITS*
*1) It's not a true "home" game for AMG as CONMEBOL's made them move the tie to Cruzeiro's stadium for the final (seating capacity thing), so whatever edge they would have had playing at Independencia is gone, 2) AMG is 1-9 O/U 2.5 their last 10 games overall, while Olimpia's 1-5 O/U 2.5 their last 5 Libertadores matches
and 3) the odds of Olimpia pushing forward in this one are about as good as me banging Olivia Wilde tonight; in other words, not gonna happen...

Thanks cxb. I actually used to be an under bettor when I first started, but my time over at C*vers put an end to that pretty quick...

YTD: 232-238-32, -38.85

Adding:

7/24/2013 8:45 PM South America Soccer 201 Olimpia Asuncion (Copa-Liber)/Atletico MG (Copa-Liber)* Under 2½,3 -109 *2 UNITS*
*1) It's not a true "home" game for AMG as CONMEBOL's made them move the tie to Cruzeiro's stadium for the final (seating capacity thing), so whatever edge they would have had playing at Independencia is gone, 2) AMG is 1-9 O/U 2.5 their last 10 games overall, while Olimpia's 1-5 O/U 2.5 their last 5 Libertadores matches
and 3) the odds of Olimpia pushing forward in this one are about as good as me banging Olivia Wilde tonight; in other words, not gonna happen...

I'm surprised that the line is actually u2.75, was 2.25 in the 1st leg.
Atletico know they have to press, if Asuncion manage to get one goal then unfortunately this one is probably going to go over. You will have to hope that this game is going to be a carbon copy of Atletico's semi finals game they won 2-0!

GL!

I'm surprised that the line is actually u2.75, was 2.25 in the 1st leg.
Atletico know they have to press, if Asuncion manage to get one goal then unfortunately this one is probably going to go over. You will have to hope that this game is going to be a carbon copy of Atletico's semi finals game they won 2-0!

GL!
Well, I bought it up to 2.75 so that explains that (the odds of there being 4 goals seems pretty slim, so at least I'd only lose half my stake in the event there's 3). As for Asuncion scoring, that is the fear, but they've already proven they can play lock down on the road against some pretty good scoring teams like Santa Fe, Fluminense and La 'U', so I'm not overly worried about that. Plus, AMG's offense this season has been pretty lacklustre, so they can push all they want, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to convert. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

:cheers: Thanks Mike.

YTD: 233-238-32, -36.85

Thursday:

7/25/2013 12:00 PM Denmark Soccer 551 Lyngby (DEN-1)/Koge (DEN-1)* Over 2½ -123 *2 UNITS*
7/25/2013 1:00 PM European Cup Soccer 199 Sparta Prague (UEFA-Europa)/Hacken (UEFA-Europa)* Over 2½ -127 *2 UNITS*

:cheers: Thanks Mike - that could very well be... : )

like that Prague/Hacken over...I had a shit load on Prague in game, I had them -0.5 when they were up 1-0 and they go up 2-0 and some how after dominating the entire match they let 2 goals in, you can be sure they will press like crazy

GL!

YTD: 233-240-32, -41.85

Friday:

7/26/2013 12:30 PM Denmark Soccer 51 Viborg (DEN)/Nordsjaelland (DEN)* Over 2½ -134 *2 UNITS*
7/26/2013 1:20 PM Sweden Soccer 951 Landskrona (SWE-S)/Varbergs BoIS FC (SWE-S)* Over 2½,3 -133 *2 UNITS*
7/26/2013 2:45 PM Rep Ireland Soccer 707 Bray Wanderers (IRE-P)/Dundalk (IRE-P)* Over 2½,3 -119 *2 UNITS*

:cheers: Thanks Mike - I was more surprised the Denmark total didn't hit, but when my only losing day of the week (so far) comes on a Thursday, I can live with that... : )

BQDSnPlCAAI0g2o.jpg

Like seriously, what is the point of continuously mushing my picks by constantly posting this absolute nonsense in my threads? Casting an internet voodoo hex on me at the end of June wasn't enough? Now you have to ensure it carries over to August?

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...

End of fucking thread.

that is steve jobs and bill gates probably discussing the ireland premier league before they hit it really big. a more uplifting and inspirational message for a soccer gambling thread, i know not.

Back