• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

JESUS..Look at this (Brett Favre throw)

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

2218951294_1523dffcbf_b.jpg
Basically if he throws it to anyone else besides Driver they have atleast 15 yards and if he even looks at Jennings (far left) the Packers are playing in the Super Bowl right now. This is the overtime INT by the way

i remember watching it and thinking why the hell didnt he just dump it off to Grant...that woulda been 15 yards easy

something wasnt right with Favre in that game - he just has this weird demeanor the whole game

Well, the ball is already in the air in this picture, perhaps things looked a little different two seconds earlier. Probably not, but I think we should at least keep in mind that the picture does not show the exact situation when Favre made his decision.

The reason this pic makes me somewhat sick is because two seconds earlier, what's going on to Farve's left isn't going to change.

Granted, that safety may be reading the throw and starting his turn to Farve's right, but he goes left rather than right and he's looking at an easy 20 to 30 yards.

That said, if you look left, it seems very likely that his view could have been blocked left. But Grant or sweet Jebus the middle of the field.

But if you want to look at even worse, not only was this read bad, the throw itself was poor, too. It was to the wrong shoulder and short. It needed to be outside and further upfield.

Which is, of course, incredibly easy for me to say because I've stood outside for over four hours in -20 degree weather throwing footballs all my life.

is it just me, or is that a blatant hold in the middle of that picture by that GBY O-Lineman. He's practically hugging that guy - so surely any successful completion should have been called back for holding.

But if you want to look at even worse, not only was this read bad, the throw itself was poor, too. It was to the wrong shoulder and short. It needed to be outside and further upfield.

Which is, of course, incredibly easy for me to say because I've stood outside for over four hours in -20 degree weather throwing footballs all my life.

Fully agree (with both paragraphs).

Heres the better picture. Not as clear but still it shows he should have gone to A.Grant, B.Lee, C.Jennings. Not only that he threw a horrible ball like Joe stated. It needed to be outside shoulder and good velocity. It was on the inside shoulder and a duck.

99985035cn0.png

I can honestly remember only feeling more sick after one sporting event my entire life and that was the 4th and 26 game vs the Eagles 3 years back. I just had a weird feeling after the 1st quarter of this game that the Giants were ready to play. And the way Plax was playing he was going to get his all day. What he did to our 2 "top tier" cornerbacks was just amazing. Favre also played probally the shittiest game of the season in the most important one. I still think the Pack had the best team in the NFC and should be playing on Sunday.

2218951294_1523dffcbf_b.jpg

the way this play looks in the pic is nothing uncommon... I'd hate to start counting how many times Eli missed out on throwing to the open receiver(s).. it happens to every team and more often than not.. it's hard to have every receiver tightly covered in every play and it's just as difficult to hit the open one every time within the 3-5 seconds a quarterback has to throw it...

also, a defender can sometimes close a gap faster than one thinks... for example, as open as Jennings (on the far left) appears to be, because of the distance, the throw still needs to be good one towards the sideline or the gap could be closed and the ball possibly intercepted... even if he catches it, it would not be a guaranteed six... there is still the safety coverage that can catch him or at the least slow him down for the corner to catch up again... getting six is NEVER as easy as it looks... and these open receivers are NOT as open as they look either... the ARE open, but NOT as much as one thinks.. except grant.. that's an easy call...

no way, however, does this play put the Pack in the Bowl if they would have completed it successfully... there was still more game to play.... the G-Men missed two crucial fgs that should have even avoided an overtime... and they never really had problems moving the ball on the Pack.. The Cheeseheads were giving themselves there own headaches and that's why they don't deserve to go... they didn't want it bad enough...

by the way... that is DEFINITELY holding in the middle of the pic.. it looks like the offensive lineman is literally tackling the defender here.... I love Scott Wells' (63) pass blocking though.. it doesn't get any more textbook than that.

Back