• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

January NBA Discussion Thread

Definitely the dog days...Lakers look half drunk playing this game vs lowly Detroit.

Played Lakers live...

I would hope guys like LeBron and Davis who have been just going through the motions for 2 hours have their attention peeked right now

I would do ML usually but they have that WAY overpriced right now.

I would expect a few whistles LA's way too....

Detroit taken and made 18 more FTS

OT: Some dude just won 100,000 on the halfcourt shot at qtr break.

Food for thought locally...

Last two games Detroit has inserted D-Rose into starting line-up to start the 3rd quarter...

27-21 at GS

32-19 at LAL

Very odd scheduling circumstance... Detroit 5 on West coast then back East for another road game at Cleveland (42 hours later). Then day off and Cleveland at home again. Just to note...

It can definitely be a lookahead... Off a stinker in Washington ... Look for a better shooting effort. Meanwhile, the Spurs just shot lights out...that will regress a bit. Two games vs Milwaukee gonna take a bit out of you. And, 4 wins Total all yr vs .500 plus teams for the Spurs. I'll be looking for a good live number personally on Boston.

That's a bit more of a deficit than I'd like for a live play on Boston. I'd imagine this ridiculous shooting doesn't continue all game but now Boston is more than likely to pack it in unless a quick start to 3rd.

Made their run. Then took 3 techs and that’ll do it
Yeah, I saw them make that run...

Thing there since I am looking for a live ML is I can get the same price in the 4th down 4-5 as when they are down 7-9....so let the runs ride out.

Yeah, I saw them make that run...

Thing there since I am looking for a live ML is I can get the same price in the 4th down 4-5 as when they are down 7-9....so let the runs ride out.
Makes sense.. I dabble 3rd q line. Was looking good haha

Bucks are officially bored I think. The rest of January could be a sleepwalk with really only three games to truly look forward to (Sixers Celtics and Nugs).

I'm a sucker, but I played the Grizz tonight..

Both teams been playing pretty well lately, and Grizz just did get destroyed by the Spurs not long ago, but I think JJJ stays out of foul trouble and Grizz pull off a big home W tonight.

This is already our final Mavs-Lakers game...

They have split in L.A.

The first meeting was in Dallas and thats the game where Dallas blew alead late and the refs handed a 3 to Danny Green to force OT. Bron was beastly in the extra stanza...Mavs are much better now, imo....thank goodness for NBA fans this got flexed.

Boban has 10 and 8 in 6 mins. McGee and Dwight go out with 5 fouls each. Put the big man in and see who covers him. He can’t be any worse on d then the rest of these bigs tonight

Rick has a huge point there. That ball is inbounded.. you can't decide to review/call timeout then. Now, your coach gets ejected and they get 2 FTs ... Lotta garbage there.

You all know I repeat it every year about January being the dog days but this is so especially true this year. There have just been some astounding results lately...

Weird schedule right now for Utah... every other day from Jan 2nd to Jan 22nd.... 3 road in East Central TZ...2 home...3 road in East Central TZ. Grouped in there is 2 road games at Pelicans. If the Jazz win tonight I see the slip up at New Orleans.

Wild one out at Staples. Lakers were down 21 in 2nd...hit within 7 at half and back to 21 down in 3rd and back to 7 again.

Back