• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

I'm a Tiger, I'm a - Tiger.....

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
How can you not like the worlds best golfer (and arguably the greatest ever) at a price (-140) to, basically, tie a round

Hell, a couple of years back he was +100 to win a major before round 1 started, ffs.

Now hes just under that price to win, prior a 4th round beginning, when we already know he leads!

Whats changed? Public perception about his *invincibility*.

OK, so the guy overachieved/had his purple patch which inflated expectations (won 4 straight, 7 of 11). After the high, came a low, which also wasnt a true representation of his dominance or ability (10 majors without a win). That low has now passed (He's won 2 of the last 6 majors (should be 3 of 6 but Campbell fluked a 1 stroke win over him to prevent his hattrick) - probably a hit rate nearest to most accurately reflecting his dominance: at least 1 win a year, sometimes 2 wins) , but when was the last time he won a major? Hasn't won one yet this year, and theres only 1 chance left after this British Open is over.
Woods won the British last year (his last major title, he's gone 3 straight without a win), so not only is he desperate to rack up his first major this year, but its coming at a place where his most recent winning vibe resides. If Woods was to win tomorrow, it would be his 3rd British Open win out of the last 6 held - then, only at the Masters would he have won more (currently 4 Masters, and 2 each of the rest). These are his 2 biggys - the most prestigious American event, and the one at the Home of Golf. Of the 4, these 2 feed the ego the most. And I'm sure the joy of edging Mickelson out of the spotlight isnt lost to him either, since it was Phil who ended that *just missed hattrick* run, and has pretty much dominated the talking circles since.

Also (curtesy of vanzack) - Tiger has led 7 majors going in to the last round. His record for winning those majors? 7-0.

Theres just too much going for him to back against him here/resist these odds, imo. However, I am considering covering with Sergio. If Garcia is going to break through in a major at all, its always been my opinion it'd be on European soil, which obviously means the British Open.

Great thoughts Bet Crimes..

Glad to see you checked us out.

Without driver in his hand I cannot even see how he loses unless someone else goes low thats a few shots back.

Sergio when paired with Woods gets scared and gets the yips with the putter.

Both DiMarco and Els can do it, but will they? I doubt it.

Fuyrk has had 3 good round outta his last 6 years in this championship. He's solid enough, we'll see.

Either way, I see about a routine 67 from Woods. Someone is gonna have to go real low.

I rarely bet golf, BAR, but Tiger leading after 3 in a major? This is the exception
Peace_5.gif

Hey, our first Red Sox avatar...

JK, BC. Glad you joined in.

I agree. Rarely bet golf, but like you said...this is a good time for it.

Pinny has Tiger at (+108) to win the open, which is (like you said) basically doing no worse than a tie tomorrow/sunday.
Good enough for me...

Will Tiger win?
Yes (+108) for a unit

WTF...there was no value taking him against Sergio.

Yanks, like those odds. I've covered Sergio to (win to) get my stake back. He's the one guy I'm wary of - He could should 75, or he could shoot 65. I've always had the feeling if ever he broke through it'd be on Euro soil.

And thanks for the welcome - who'd have thunk there were just 4 days separating our entry into the world, lol.

This is a real nice price for Tiger..I've dumped two units on here, can't pass it up..the other price that looks tempting is Angel Cabrera at a very high value.

i got tiger to win -180
today i have dimarco over cabrera for 1 unit
furyk over sergio 1 unit

and a parlay of the americans at the top beating up on the euros parlay 60 to win 500

Great day Tiger hater

Those were all solid plays. One, Woods as we know. Two, DiMarco over Cabrera. Angel was just trying to bomb it and was due to get some high numbers which he did. Three, Fuyrk. Luckily he rebounded late but Sergio is just so iffy with that putter.

Great jobmoney;

Tiger was on the prowl today... Nice work BC, and good to see ya here

lol

BetCrimes1984 said:
Yanks, like those odds. I've covered Sergio to (win to) get my stake back. He's the one guy I'm wary of - He could should 75, or he could shoot 65. I've always had the feeling if ever he broke through it'd be on Euro soil.

And thanks for the welcome - who'd have thunk there were just 4 days separating our entry into the world, lol.

4 days can be an eternity, between a Red Sox and a Yankee fan.

JK, bro. Glad to see someone close to my age...gotta admit i was feeling like the old guy lately.
but seriously, look forward to all the MLB knowledge you'll bring to the site...as well as other sports. but i definitely remember your MLB takes.

Damn though...late last night, i couldn't believe those odds either at Pinny. Glad i jumped on it though...hope Jump(onboard) did as well.

So how's New Zealand? And is it a Red Sox fan beign transplanted to New Zealand...or a native who's just a Red Sox fan. Dumb curiousity, that's all...

damn i wish i woulda seen this topic saturday night.

good to see u here BC.

:cheers:

Back