• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Idea for NBA Playoffs

wiseplayer

Restart the last 2 weeks of the season in mid June. Let teams who are fighting for the 8th spot play it out. Start the NBA playoffs Friday July 3rd which is a National day off. Have Game 7 of the Finals on Labor Day night. Allow the players to rest September, October, November and have opening day on Christmas Day. Would be a great time to create a new timeline for the season. End the season in mid June and start up the playoffs after that. Hoping the NFL gets pushed back until late September and carries to Presidents weekend for the Super Bowl. We're long overdue for this change.

Last edited:
I like this idea

I heard one reason the NBA is reluctant to move Finals to July/August ( permanently)is those months in general are bad months for TV . Vacation, etc , just not as many eyeballs watching

We need to fill the month of February. Why we have to go from the Super Bowl to March Madness with no meaning games is beyond me. The NBA and Hockey are almost unwatchable until postseason.

Simmons said season has to end by Labor Day, it can't go really any longer than that

Simmons said season has to end by Labor Day, it can't go really any longer than that
Yeah I think that's pretty obvious. It helps with no Olympics now...just go right to the playoffs at this point and can finish in July if say June 1st start.

NBA playoffs during the dog days of August baseball would be nice. It's never felt right to me when the NBA started in October. College hoops does it right with their start time.

Back