• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Hulu's CFL 2018

Added another half unit on Hamilton at 6. I think there is value up to 6.5 here. Full bet is now

1.5*/0.5* Hamilton -5.5/-6 -106/-109

Any status update on Willy for Montreal? Ottawa opened at 6 and with no Willy there could be some huge value there too. Cannot trust Edmonton on the road laying points just yet until I see about how they're healing up on D. Winnipeg -3.5 right now is way too low for how bad BC is IMO and how they only looked bad because Ham is for real...not because they're bad.

Nothing confirmed but I am hearing neck/shoulder problem for Willy and he may miss time. Mathews may get the start or they may rush along Vernon Adams whose only been in camp a week although he knows a lot of his teammates from before.

No matter what option Montreal goes with this week, I think Ottawa has their way.

I actually think Toronto could be a live dog this week. Edmonton is so banged up and we didn’t really get a good look at Franklin last week.

Trestman off a bye with extra time to initiate his new qb into the offence could be better than we expect.

One of Ottawa or Hamilton are going to win big.

Both teams in very similar situations. Ottawa injuries may be a concern.

I really like the way masoli is spinning the football. He looks like he really understands the offense.

In Winnipeg I’m thinking lots of scoring. 33-27 type game as the bombers D gives up gobs of yardage and Strevelera running attack should give B.C. fits.

Yeah I think bc defense looks very weak. They can’t tackle. Offensively nothing special.

I think Winnipeg can beat B.C.

Is there a link out there that gives you the weather forecast for the games? I like to bet totals, and I get tired of having to google the different cities for their extended forecasts, to see if there's any value is betting early on unders.

Hamilton DE Adrian Tracy is questionable for next week. Nikita Whitlock who June Jones moved from DL to FB was back practising with the defense today.
DB Richard Leonard will be back as well as rookie Jackson Bennet

In Szechuan province, Chris Jones has confirmed Bridge will get the start and Duron Carter will play DB. Jones often bullshits though so anything is possible.

Gonna be tough to know what’s going on in Montreal this week. All practices have been closed to the public due to security threats??

Gonna be tough to know what’s going on in Montreal this week. All practices have been closed to the public due to security threats??

Must have been a mis-translation from French. Practices are actually closed to the public due to work being done on the seats, making it a safety hazard. Reporters are on the scene tho

So far we know the ALs lost another offensive lineman which forces Xavier Fulton back in at LT which has been disasterous this far.

QB Matt Shilz is back at practice although reports are that Jeff Mathews is getting first team reps.

Still like my Ottawa bet.

1* OTT / MON under 48.5 -109

Grabbed this as I saw it starting to head down. This looks like a 27-13 kind of game to me

Full card recap to get everything onto this page...

1* Ottawa -5.5 -106
1* BC / WPG over 53 -106

Agree on all of them, i think ottawa being able to gameplan for this montreal offense makes them moving the ball very hard

I havent been able to find but has there been no talk about adams starting or them getting him ready to?

Jeff Mathews still taking 1st team reps from what I hear. But I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with at least a package to utilize VA. He is really athletic and might do better behind that reshuffled (yet again) OL

Full card recap to get everything onto this page...

1* Ottawa -5.5 -106
1* BC / WPG over 53 -106
Great get on that over.

56.5 now.

That is one I was looking at.

And, Ottawa, another good get.

So, question for a novice...

Is there a specific time during the week that the lines tend to move?

They move right away on Monday when released.
It doesent taje much to move a line.

A few grand bet or ppl might be betting more at pinnacle and the lines move so fast.

They always usually go up for favourites I find.

Ottawa will pound the shit out of Jeff Matthews all day long. Jeff Matthews is terrible. Hulu would know he is a former ticat.

Any one know the injury situation for Ottawa. Hebert was Suspended and a few d lineman were hurt last game.

It’s an easy 31-10 win for Ottawa.

Montreal is complete crap and ottawa can play with Calgary and Hamilton’s of the league.

Any opinion on the total tonight, Sammy?

I took under 52 small, just because the Riders have played 7 out of their last 8 under, and head to head these guys are 6-2 under.

Great get on that over.

56.5 now.

That is one I was looking at.

I think Winnipeg with their short secondary is basically an over auto-bet against any offense that's basically capable for the time being. Line dependent of course.

Edmonton similarly with their high-flying offense and banged up defense

And, Ottawa, another good get.

So, question for a novice...

Is there a specific time during the week that the lines tend to move?

I'll never pretend to be an expert on line movement but its important for me to be there when the lines drop because there's a lot of soft ones in the CFL. Its getting tougher though as more people start to bet it. They will move on air at first. I've even moved a line several cents with a 2 dime bet. There is a fair amount of movement in the first hour or two.

After that, in my experience you get more movement as the first reports start coming out of practices. Tuesday late-morning seems to be a popular time because you get new injury info coming from beat reporters. I generally note anyone who gets dinged in a game (especially if they don't return) and then watch for news on them coming out of the first practices. If I don't here anything, I'll often message reporters to ask...its surprising how many answer.

Of course, like any sport, lines will change on a dime if significant news comes out. Matt Nichols being taken off the DL this week for instance moved the line from -4.5 to -6 pretty quick.

Just read the Bombers have officially announced Nichols as the starter for the BC game.

Winnipeg TT Over is definitely on my radar...think they’re still very undervalued after last week’s Hammy win.

Ottawa will pound the shit out of Jeff Matthews all day long. Jeff Matthews is terrible. Hulu would know he is a former ticat.

Any one know the injury situation for Ottawa. Hebert was Suspended and a few d lineman were hurt last game.

It’s an easy 31-10 win for Ottawa.

Montreal is complete crap and ottawa can play with Calgary and Hamilton’s of the league.

The only reason Mathews is in the CFL is because he was Kent Austins guy at Cornell. Austin liked him because he is a smart kid. He came and sat behind Collaros who was tearing up the league at the time but when he got his chance, his lack of arm strength was seriously exposed. He couldn't even throw the wide side out on a CFL field that first season and safeties started playing up because he couldn't throw beyond 15 yards with any zip. Arm strength is fixable to a degree and the deep ball he threw last week in relief showed that it maybe isn't as bad as it once was but I still seriously question his ability to zip a ball into tight coverage.

He is a smart QB who makes good decisions and won't throw the game away on his own like a Jon Jennings. If he has a good defence that keeps his team in the game and you put together a package where he can dink and dunk down the field with his girl-arm, he can keep a team in it but I wouldn't want to be relying on him to get a TD in the last minute of a game. Unfortunately, Montreal's O-line is such a dumpster fire that I don't see him having the chance to do much.

Also, lets not forget he was only signed after the season began when Matt Shilz got hurt so he didn't even have camp with this team. He's only got a couple more weeks under his belt than Vernon Adams at this point.

Nichols being back combined with their shoddy, banged-up secondary makes the over look easy

Very true my friend...just cannot get out of
My head how a competent QB made that BC defense look so bad in the 2nd half last week. BC’s offensive ineptitude is my only concern. Arcenaux is a top WR but I just don’t think Jennings is good at all. Once Lulay returns I think it immediately gives BC some serious value and takes the offense up a whole ‘nother notch. But god jennings is in inconsistent...only thing that scares me.

Over (in some fashion) is definitely the way to play this game smartest I think.

Very true my friend...just cannot get out of
My head how a competent QB made that BC defense look so bad in the 2nd half last week. BC’s offensive ineptitude is my only concern. Arcenaux is a top WR but I just don’t think Jennings is good at all. Once Lulay returns I think it immediately gives BC some serious value and takes the offense up a whole ‘nother notch. But god jennings is in inconsistent...only thing that scares me.

Over (in some fashion) is definitely the way to play this game smartest I think.

I like gunslinging QBs but the thing that kills me about Jennings is his willingness to go downfield constantly. Sometimes on 2nd and 4 you just need the first down but half the time Jennings goes 40 yards downfield into double-coverage in that situation. He does have a great receiving corps but even they can't bail him out of all his poor decisions.

To me, Lulay is clearly the choice in BC but I question whether Wally will go back to him before the season is lost. He seems to see Jennings as the future and has doggedly stuck with him.

Sask only dressing one backup DB tonight. And I'm sure in Chris Jones' mind that guy is there in case a DL goes down and he has to move Duron Carter to nose tackle.

I like gunslinging QBs but the thing that kills me about Jennings is his willingness to go downfield constantly. Sometimes on 2nd and 4 you just need the first down but half the time Jennings goes 40 yards downfield into double-coverage in that situation. He does have a great receiving corps but even they can't bail him out of all his poor decisions.

To me, Lulay is clearly the choice in BC but I question whether Wally will go back to him before the season is lost. He seems to see Jennings as the future and has doggedly stuck with him.

Lulay is definitely better than Jennings. I believe Jennings is a bust. I don’t think his football iq is very high. When bc starts losing he seems to always play worse. He throws his team right out of games leading to blowouts.
He also stinks on the road.

Wally should have retired 3 seasons ago. The game has passed him by. It’s all younger or more seasoned coaches everywhere you look.
Because Wally is in Bc he will continue to coach for as long as he chooses.
In Bc no one takes accountability for anything, egos are really big and ppl take advantage for self gain and ruin the city.
Proof- Property prices sky rocketed well over a million for a starter level home, due to government turning a blind eye to corruption and money laundering, and now a major gangster problem in which kids as young as 10 are being recruited into gangs? Like really?
Also I read that at least 6 players cannot find rental accommodations as the vacancy is zero in that corrupt rental market. Not having a place to live must be effecting certain players.
Wally is one of those ppl, very sneaky questionable actions with players. There is an heir of entitlement mentality in bc.
They have the worst offensive line coach ever in dan dorazio. He is horrible. Can’t coach anything. Wally keeps guys like this around so he can blame them and fire them if they are losing. He did this to Benevides. His boy Marc Washington is easily the worst defensive coordinator in the cfl.
Wally didn’t kick a 52 yard fgoal on last play of half vs Edmonton which their kicker was 3-3 overv50 yards. He instead throws a retarded Hail Mary?

I really believe that Bc is coached about as well as a high school team. They get schooled big time by the better teams.

I believe there will be some of the easiest money to be made in certain spots betting vsxwally buino this season.
He will get schooled by any competent team that watches film and knows what they are doing.

Lulay is definitely better than Jennings. I believe Jennings is a bust. I don’t think his football iq is very high. When bc starts losing he seems to always play worse. He throws his team right out of games leading to blowouts.
He also stinks on the road.

Wally should have retired 3 seasons ago. The game has passed him by. It’s all younger or more seasoned coaches everywhere you look.
Because Wally is in Bc he will continue to coach for as long as he chooses.
In Bc no one takes accountability for anything, egos are really big and ppl take advantage for self gain and ruin the city.
Proof- Property prices sky rocketed well over a million for a starter level home, due to government turning a blind eye to corruption and money laundering, and now a major gangster problem in which kids as young as 10 are being recruited into gangs? Like really?
Also I read that at least 6 players cannot find rental accommodations as the vacancy is zero in that corrupt rental market. Not having a place to live must be effecting certain players.
Wally is one of those ppl, very sneaky questionable actions with players. There is an heir of entitlement mentality in bc.
They have the worst offensive line coach ever in dan dorazio. He is horrible. Can’t coach anything. Wally keeps guys like this around so he can blame them and fire them if they are losing. He did this to Benevides. His boy Marc Washington is easily the worst defensive coordinator in the cfl.
Wally didn’t kick a 52 yard fgoal on last play of half vs Edmonton which their kicker was 3-3 overv50 yards. He instead throws a retarded Hail Mary?

I really believe that Bc is coached about as well as a high school team. They get schooled big time by the better teams.

I believe there will be some of the easiest money to be made in certain spots betting vsxwally buino this season.
He will get schooled by any competent team that watches film and knows what they are doing.

So just to sum up...Buono no bueno and ‘teed basically lives in the modern version of Goodfellas

I have started to have second thoughts about the cats tonight. I seriously thought about buying a unit back at +7.5 but that number is long gone so imma ride it out.

Still think it’s a good bet but just wish I didn’t have a full 2 units on it.

I have started to have second thoughts about the cats tonight. I seriously thought about buying a unit back at +7.5 but that number is long gone so imma ride it out.

What’s bringing about your second thoughts, Hulu?

I’m sitting this game out. I totally understand where you are coming from Hulu. I get those second thoughts an Intuition a knowing that sometimes makes me question a bet.

My thoughts are- Hamilton coming off 2 very impressive victories in a row. Masoki talk about all these 300 yard games etc.
In the Cfl it’s diffucult to put together 3 dominant wins in a row. Teams aren’t that consistent to pull it off. Other than cgy who can pretty much beat everyone other teams struggle winning on road by tds.
If this was game 1 the line would be pick if bridge was starting. So the line is based on the last 2 games for both teams.

Sask isn’t a terrible team and Bridge can be serviceable at times.

I think if you are looking for the road favourite to win big it’s Ottawa. They are coming off a loss and are playing Jeff Mathews. The Als are still in disarray imo. Too many question marks about qb and o line etc.

Having said every thing let’s hope for a cats blowout and masoli to keep crushing it to keep Johnny on the bench!

What’s bringing about your second thoughts, Hulu?

It’s just the more I look at this game and the Ottawa game I feel like Ottawa is the stronger bet but I have twice as much on the cats.

From an x’s and o’s And personnel perspective I still think it’s solid. But I’m also a firm believer in the old adage that a team is never as good as their best game and never as bad as their worst game and here we have 2 teams coming off their respective best and worst games. The riders have taken a ton of heat from the fan base this week to the point where they probably didn’t want to go out in public. I don’t think they want to get steamrolled again. And Regina has never been kind to the cats. They almost never win and rarely cover there. But I’ll ride it out and see what happens.

I’m sitting this game out. I totally understand where you are coming from Hulu. I get those second thoughts an Intuition a knowing that sometimes makes me question a bet.

My thoughts are- Hamilton coming off 2 very impressive victories in a row. Masoki talk about all these 300 yard games etc.
In the Cfl it’s diffucult to put together 3 dominant wins in a row. Teams aren’t that consistent to pull it off. Other than cgy who can pretty much beat everyone other teams struggle winning on road by tds.
If this was game 1 the line would be pick if bridge was starting. So the line is based on the last 2 games for both teams.

Sask isn’t a terrible team and Bridge can be serviceable at times.

I think if you are looking for the road favourite to win big it’s Ottawa. They are coming off a loss and are playing Jeff Mathews. The Als are still in disarray imo. Too many question marks about qb and o line etc.

Having said every thing let’s hope for a cats blowout and masoli to keep crushing it to keep Johnny on the bench!

I like the ‘what would this line have been 2 or 3 weeks ago?’ thinking. I need to think like that more often. It’s easier in the nfl where you have look-ahead lines before the season.

Otherwise yeah I agree on everything.

I like the ‘what would this line have been 2 or 3 weeks ago?’ thinking. I need to think like that more often. It’s easier in the nfl where you have look-ahead lines before the season.

Otherwise yeah I agree on everything.

Yeah for sure early on in the Cfl lines change drastically.
Sask looked like world beaters in game 1 vs Toronto. Their defense looked amazing. Then two sub par games and honestly they were competitive for 1 half in Ottawa and last week they had chances with David Watfird at qb.

Hamilton exactly is a good team but I’m not sure they are that much better than sask or any team at this point.

I do agree about Ottawa. Ottawa has went into Montreal the past few seasons and covered this number easily. So at least they have the past confidence to win big there.
Although I prefer a line less than a td!

I think if you are going to play these favorites you have to bet them within minutes of the line being released otherwise you get an inflated line.

I am gonna have to sit out this week. I lost the number on Toronto.
Continued winnings for you, sir

I am gonna have to sit out this week. I lost the number on Toronto.
Continued winnings for you, sir

I really thought that one would go the other way. I thought maybe we'd see a six by kickoff if we were lucky. But at 3 there's no value.

Thanks and I suspect I'll see you pop up if a 2H opportunity presents itself.

Ok value play here on a total I think has just gone too high. Playing 1H only because Reilly does his best work inside of the final 3 minutes so why not take that out of the equation. Also frees me up for a 2H play if it materializes.

0.5* EDM / TOR 1H under 28 -103

Ok value play here on a total I think has just gone too high. Playing 1H only because Reilly does his best work inside of the final 3 minutes so why not take that out of the equation. Also frees me up for a 2H play if it materializes.

0.5* EDM / TOR 1H under 28 -103

Looks good to me--

What type of score are we expecting--

Argos offense is limited-- all short passes and their defence is their stronger point--

I generally always take first half under if I am going to take one-- I find that as you mentioned some offensive teams can start out slower-- But in the second half scoring can pick up--

I find this to be true in college football--

Franklin has seen limited action and has shown a lot of promise but this is his first start in some time and he has limited weapons in Toronto. his 12:1 TD/INT ratio makes me think he is not inclined to force things and will happily throw the ball away if he doesn’t see a play. I think he starts fairly conservative.

Back