• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Futbol wagering Terminology

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
I have come to realize that there were a lot of folks wagering during the World Cup that mistoke certain wagers. I will provide a list of terminology you can expect from books.

Sides and Handicaps:

ML: Depending on the book, the ML means a straight up win. Please ensure you check with your book the rules of ML because there are a few books that will include a push on a draw.

Draw: The game must end in a draw during regulation for a winning stake. You lose your stakes if either team wins during the regulation

-0.5: A team must win for a winning wager. A draw or a loss means your wager is a loss.

+0.5: A team must either win or draw for a winning wager. A loss means your wager is also a loss.

-0 & -0.5: $100 wager, $50 is on the -0 $50 on -0.5 If the game ends in a draw you get a push on your $50 but you lose the other $50. If your team wins by at least a goal, you win your entire wager. If your team loses by a goal or more your entire stakes is a loss.

+0 & +0.5: $100 wager, $50 is on the +0 $50 on the +0.5 If the game ends in a draw $50 is a push while $50 is a winning stake. If your team wins by at least a goal, you win your entire wager. If your team loses by a goal or more your entire stakes is a loss.

Totals:

O/U 2: When 2 goals are scored in a match during regulation, your wager is a PUSH. If there is 1 or 0 goals than the result is an Under. If there is 3 or more goals the result is an Over.

O/U 2.5: This is the standard total for most leagues. When 0, 1 or 2 goals are scored during regulation the result is an Under. If there are 3 or more goals, the result is an Over

O/U 2 & 2.5: Just like the handicap, your wager is split in half. 50% of the stake is on O/U 2 while 50% is on O/U 2.5 Over 2 & 2.5, an entire stake is won if 3 or more goals are scored. If 2 goals are scored you lose 50% of your stakes but get a push on the other 50%. You lose your entire stakes if 0 or 1 goal is scored. Under 2 & 2.5, an entire stake is won if 0 or 1 goal is scored. If 2 goals are scored you win 50% of your stake and get a push on the other 50%. You lose your entire stake if 3 or more goals are scored.

I will update this if i see any requests on certain wagering issues.

TroyStacks said:
hey mike you going to start posting plays?

I start next week. Not a fan of playing the first 2 weeks of the season. There are still a lot of time for transfers for the bigger leagues. I"m probably going to play some French Ligue 2 this weekend.

Excellent post Mike, that'll clear everything out before the new season starts.

Looking forward to posting futbol picks here shake

good to see you here Panos, loved your stuff during the world cup. shake

GL next season :cheers:

Satyr said:
good to see you here Panos, loved your stuff during the world cup. shake

GL next season :cheers:

Thank you, Satyr! Good to be here!
World Cup action was crazy at Covers, wasn´t it? lol

Good luck to you and our beloved Reds as well! :shake:

There are 3 styles of numbering. There is the decimal, the american and the fractions. Majority of us will use either the Decimal or American, so our purposes we will compare the two.

Decimals is commonly used in Europe. To calculate you simply use multiplication.
For example, decimals go on a scale of 1.00 to whatever number. 1.00 being absolutely heavy juice so its very similar to that of -10000.
As the numbers rise, the less juice you have to pay. Once you reach 2.00 that is when you are evens like +100 so when you bet 1 unit, you will stand a chance to win 1 unit. So anything after 2.00 you are receiving positive money back with a win.
Here is the tricky part. When converting decimal to american, i always look at 2.00 and remember it as +100 then i start subtracting. So if i see a decimal of 1.50 i subtract 50 from +100 which equal -150.

1.50 you are wagering $200 to win $100
-200 you are wagering $200 to win $100

Its simple math. Another example

1.75 you are wagering $125 to win $100
-125 you are wagering $125 to win $100

Lets create a much more complex number

You have a team that is 2.25 since it is above 2.00 we automatically know is +100 in american terms. So when you bet $100 what you do is multiple it by 2.25

$100 x 2.25 = $225
$225 is the total return you get including the stakes. So your total profit would be

$225 - $100 = $125

Hopefully that clarifies some things for you all, but if you have any questions please feel free to post

1.50 you are wagering 1.50 units to win 1 unit
-150 you are wagering 1.50 units to win 1 unit

Its simple math. Another example

1.75 you are wagering 1.25 units to win 1 unit
-125 you are wagering 1.25 units to win 1 unit

I'm confused Mike.
In European demical, if You want to win 100 euros, in 1,50 odds, you have to risks 200 euros.
In American -150 means you risks 150 dollars to win 100. Or if you risks 200 dollars, like the above example, you would win 125 dollars. It's something like 1,75 in European demical.

Am I wrong ?

I'm confused Mike.
In European demical, if You want to win 100 euros, in 1,50 odds, you have to risks 200 euros.
In American -150 means you risks 150 dollars to win 100. Or if you risks 200 dollars, like the above example, you would win 125 dollars. It's something like 1,75 in European demical.

Am I wrong ?

you are right thanks for clarifying that paolodr my mistake, i will revise.

Back