• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

French open

Big daddy naught

Got the bs first week out of the way, now onto the meat of the tourney...be careful w plays tomorrow as weather forcasts rain so could see a lot of start and stoping of play. That said....

Anderson/Schwatzman over 38 would be shocked if this doesn’t go 4 or even 5

Lean to Isner + games and over vs delpo. Not a lot of service breaks here and not a strong likelihood of straight sets.

Garcia over Kerber. Home soil. Likes the clay. Think she gets thru

Serena vs Maria. Serena owns her, but that was an inform Serena which she clearly is not here. Masha may not win but I think it’s close prob 3 sets so I’d take the over.

Also taking a stab at live Wozniacki +177 thinking she wins if can get it to third set. Like the value.

Got the bs first week out of the way, now onto the meat of the tourney...be careful w plays tomorrow as weather forcasts rain so could see a lot of start and stoping of play. That said....

Anderson/Schwatzman over 38 would be shocked if this doesn’t go 4 or even 5

Lean to Isner + games and over vs delpo. Not a lot of service breaks here and not a strong likelihood of straight sets.

Garcia over Kerber. Home soil. Likes the clay. Think she gets thru

Serena vs Maria. Serena owns her, but that was an inform Serena which she clearly is not here. Masha may not win but I think it’s close prob 3 sets so I’d take the over.

Also taking a stab at live Wozniacki +177 thinking she wins if can get it to third set. Like the value.

Thanks everyone.

Got the Anderson/schwartzman over as it did go 5 like I figured it could. Sorry if you tailed the rest. Serena withdrew so no play there.

I’ll post plays for tomorrow sometime tonight.

Plays for Tuesday 6/4

Thiem -167 over Zverev. Next to Rafa these two are the 2nd and 3rd best clay courters in the world. Zverev just beat Thiem 6-4 6-4, but banking on Zverev’s time on court will catch up to him having needed to go 5 sets twice already and think Thiem gets revenge.

Sloane Stephens even vs Daria Kasatkina. Both playing well, sloane tends to play her best at the majors and Kasatkina coming off a straight set win over world no 1 Wozniacki. Should be a tight match with the edge to Sloane having had the experience of winning a GS title and playing more big matches imo.

Was tempted by Checcinato hc agsinst Novak, as at least 1 set should be close but didn’t play it.

Thiem won easily in straight sets.
Sloane just took the first.
Looks like should have listened to myself and played Cecchinato + games. He won the first and 4-4 in 2nd

Hopefully someone tailed today as Thiem and Stephens were both easy winners. My lean on Cecchinato hc gamed was correct and he even beat the joker su

We need more tennis talk in here, appreciate your thoughts

Agreed. There’s a few guys who wager on tennis in here, it’s one of my bigger sports and I play it year round not just the majors.

Thinking possible plays on delpo, sharapova, and the over in Halep/Kerber tomorrow but those are without much research. Gotta look later. I’ll post if I play. Rafa should be routine but not sure I want to get involved w totals or hc there.

Locked and loaded for Thursday

Delpo -175 and -2 games -135 over Cilic. Delpo 10-2 h2h and should be the fresher of the two here needing 3 sets to dispatch Isner last round whereas Cilic went 5 with Fognini. I see a 3 maybe 4 set win for the Argentine here

Halep/Kerber over 20 -140. Basically a coin clip match imo with the edge to Halep being on clay but should be tight w lots of long rallies. Could def see a 3 set match here is two close sets.

Sharapova +105 over Muguruza. Neither player was tested last round. Maria got the walkover win with Serena withdrawing and Muguruza played only 2 games before her opponent retired. I’ll be honest, whenever I’ve backed Garbine as a favorite in a big match I’ve lost, and thus trust the grit and fight of maria more here. As long as her serve holds up and she keeps the DFs to a minimum I think she gets thru here.

GL all thoughts are welcome.

Locked and loaded for Thursday

Delpo -175 and -2 games -135 over Cilic. Delpo 10-2 h2h and should be the fresher of the two here needing 3 sets to dispatch Isner last round whereas Cilic went 5 with Fognini. I see a 3 maybe 4 set win for the Argentine here

Halep/Kerber over 20 -140. Basically a coin clip match imo with the edge to Halep being on clay but should be tight w lots of long rallies. Could def see a 3 set match here is two close sets.

Sharapova +105 over Muguruza. Neither player was tested last round. Maria got the walkover win with Serena withdrawing and Muguruza played only 2 games before her opponent retired. I’ll be honest, whenever I’ve backed Garbine as a favorite in a big match I’ve lost, and thus trust the grit and fight of maria more here. As long as her serve holds up and she keeps the DFs to a minimum I think she gets thru here.

GL all thoughts are welcome.

Ok, well someone forgot to tell Maria what time her match started bc she clearly didn’t show up and DF were a problem from the get go. Was way off on that match, but we did cash the Halep/Kerber over as it went 3 sets as expected. Now let’s hope delpo can get us over the line!

Played Sloane/Halep over 19.5. Halep rightfully favored but Sloane has been serving well and playing aggressive. She has the athleticism to make this a physical match and grind w Halep. She won’t be afraid on the big stage. A 3 setter wouldn’t shock me here.

Reactions: KJ
All you need is one deep set really...I do think Halep wipes her off the court but could never count on that for major numero uno. GL with it.

All you need is one deep set really...I do think Halep wipes her off the court but could never count on that for major numero uno. GL with it.

It’s possible. They played twice last year. The last meeting Halep destroyed her, the first one was a 1set set tb then Sloane got bageled. I think she’s mentally tougher now and ready for this moment having won the us open and at least keeps it close to get the over if she doesn’t win.

Played Sloane/Halep over 19.5. Halep rightfully favored but Sloane has been serving well and playing aggressive. She has the athleticism to make this a physical match and grind w Halep. She won’t be afraid on the big stage. A 3 setter wouldn’t shock me here.

As I said, 3 setter. Winner winner!!

Thiem has beaten him on clay recently a couple times I think but obv the slam final is likely a bit different

Back